Author Topic: Any latest information?  (Read 33152 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Any new updates?  Perhaps snapshot or development estimates?

This week is a legal setup week.

Attorneys, weighing out options, etc. I want to avoid announcing something and then doing a 180 and announcing something else. So give us a few more days and we will have an official announcement to make.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline woolcii

• View Profile

None

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bitsapphire

I don't understand why people think iTunes software is so slick. I find Pandora, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud and Grooveshark to be much nicer in terms of user interface (though you could make the argument that Spotify is pretty close to iTunes but they've made some big changes to their software). So yes. This thing needs to be slick. But as I've pointed out in my topic, it also needs to be free if it will appeal to the young demographic. I speak as someone in the young demographic. Yes there are those who still buy CDs out of some moral obligation they feel to an outdated business model or those that love having a pile of CDs next to them or those who are hipsters and like collecting vinyls (audiophiles...) but the vast majority of the young demographic today either streams or downloads their music for free while dealing with advertisements in the case of streams.

We are taking this into account while doing our UX design. The design will be heavily user testing driven.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline VoR0220

Money has to come from somewhere.  If people want the thing to be a success then the money needs to be taken out of btsx fund. 

To be a success and appeal to the young demographic then this thing really needs to be slick.  So there needs to be software close to iTunes or we need to luck across the next Justin Bieber.  I dunno.. How do all these things go together ?  Development is not cheap.  It requires expensive labor.  It is also not easy.  There are great differences in the abilities of developers, it can be easy to hire a dud which is only revealed after a few weeks of training etc.

I don't understand why people think iTunes software is so slick. I find Pandora, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud and Grooveshark to be much nicer in terms of user interface (though you could make the argument that Spotify is pretty close to iTunes but they've made some big changes to their software). So yes. This thing needs to be slick. But as I've pointed out in my topic, it also needs to be free if it will appeal to the young demographic. I speak as someone in the young demographic. Yes there are those who still buy CDs out of some moral obligation they feel to an outdated business model or those that love having a pile of CDs next to them or those who are hipsters and like collecting vinyls (audiophiles...) but the vast majority of the young demographic today either streams or downloads their music for free while dealing with advertisements in the case of streams.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Is the 45% presale going to be buy x amount of shares for y price?  Or is it going to be like If say 1000 people participate in the presale then 45% of the shares will be split between them weighted by how much they contribute?

I will be a fixed price in BTC for a fixed amount of Notes. Very similar to what Ethereum did. I believe they started with 2000 ether for 1btc, then scaled it down each few weeks. We are doing the same.
Only the final amount of Notes will not be decided yet. Meaning Notes cannot sell out. So if only 1000 Notes sell in the pre-sale. then that means the total amount of notes on the blockchain will be 2222.22 Notes.
If 1 million Notes sell, that means the total amount of Notes at Genesis block will be 2 222 222 Notes.

For those that have seen the FAQ page, where it says there will be 2billion notes at genesis block, that is out of date, it was based on BitSharesX before the details of the Pre-Sale where written out.

Would recommend sticking with the 2 billion share supply.

As more DACs are born it would advantageous to maintain as much consistency as possible throughout the Bitshares brand.

I'm envisioning seeing the first page of Coinmarket cap populated entirely with successful Bitshares DACs... would look mighty professional if they all started with the same number of shares.

Like soldiers on dress parade. Impressive.

+1

Hope you guys do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this, a 2 billion share supply.

And I would also prefer if the stake had a better distribution. Waiting to see the new allocation
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Waiting for new allocation announcement :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
cob and I talked, he should have a revised allocation soon
tonyk will be pleased to see this :)

It will be a start...
My beef do not end there...hell, I can live with 10/10 AGS/PTS, if I see 80% IPO that makes sense (passes the shark tank criteria), -improved AGS model of kinds...
Let's see...

[edit] Even with that done, in house exchange printing bitMusicUSDs will be a no go for me.

Can tonyk even be pleased?
^^

I am quite pleased by BTSX!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:33:03 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Can tonyk even be pleased?
^^
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I have absolutely no doubt that any PTS/AGS investment done early will give a really good ROI, better than anything you can get in the non-crypto world.

Many people will get wealthy with this investment, even if they donated only a few BTC in AGS at the right moment. So IMO getting greedy now isn't the way to go!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
let's rephrase it:

Imaging you had a stake in every single of the 800 currently available altcoins!

Offline fuzzy

Money has to come from somewhere.  If people want the thing to be a success then the money needs to be taken out of btsx fund. 

To be a success and appeal to the young demographic then this thing really needs to be slick.  So there needs to be software close to iTunes or we need to luck across the next Justin Bieber.  I dunno.. How do all these things go together ?  Development is not cheap.  It requires expensive labor.  It is also not easy.  There are great differences in the abilities of developers, it can be easy to hire a dud which is only revealed after a few weeks of training etc.

i agree - to build something you need money. but was that not clear from the beginning?

in the beginning eddi and cob announced a 50/50 split

i have no problem if they would just post something to explain the changes and do it fair! Delution to raise money is ok!

BUT

10% of all Notes are going to the holders of BitShares PTS.
10% to those that donated to the BitShares AGS address.
45% to those that purchase Notes in our Pre-Sale
5% to our development team (Bitsapphire)
5% to the founders
25% to the PeerTracks corporation

if the delution would be fair the % of (eddi and cobs) side would be honor their first announcement and delute equal
so in my opinion the split should be

A)
15% PTS
15% AGS
==30%
25% PeerTracks
5% founders
== 30%
5% bitsapphire
35% Pre-Sale

if you want to give 45% to Pre- Sales it should split
12.5% PTS
12.5% AGS
==25%
20.83% PeerTracks
4.17% founder
==25%
5% bitsapphire
45% Pre-Sales

in my opinion both splits are fair and i hope you will consider the split or explain why you wouldn't stay to your own words. you want to get a successful start and need supporter from this community.

I support it at 10/10.  I think people have a tendency to forget how many DACs are going to be coming out that honor PTS/AGS...

Imagine in 10 years having "small stakes" in 80 Bitcoin Sized businesses.  If that is the equivalency to 1-2BTC, you end up with a pretty strong long-term return with 80-160BTC in your pocket--especially if bitcoin is $10,000 each by then.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:28:55 am by theFuzz »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline pendragon3

Yes. To compete successfully against the likes of iTunes, Amazon, and whatever other competitors emerge from the woodwork, Bitshares Music/PeerTracks is going to need every advantage they can get, including full support of the community.

Let's hope they come to their senses and see the wisdom of a higher allocation for PTS & AGS, e.g, at least 15-20% (which would likely translate into a larger, more successful presale anyways).