Author Topic: BTSX > (NXT + XRP) on Coin Market Cap... Lets Publish our Feeds!  (Read 26401 times)

Offline bytemaster

Hello Bytemaster,

After I short BitUSD, is there any way that I can add extra btsx into the collateral ? Or I have to cover it and re-short ? Also, can I start with more btsx than needed when shorting?

Right now you cannot start with more than necessary.   
We have not exposed the API to increase collateral, right now you have to partially cover.  So the steps to have additional collateral are:

Buy   100 BitUSD
Short 1000 BitUSD
Cover 100 BitUSD
Result: 20% extra margin...

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline CalabiYau

Offline gulu

• View Profile
Hello Bytemaster,

After I short BitUSD, is there any way that I can add extra btsx into the collateral ? Or I have to cover it and re-short ? Also, can I start with more btsx than needed when shorting?
BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline bytemaster

how do I allow myself to place 'stupid' orders?

Right now that can only be done on the CLI... once we clear out the low asks then the orders will stop being stupid, but we need to get 20M BTSX in depth.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
how do I allow myself to place 'stupid' orders?

[edit] I see just order by order, no general stupidity allowed  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:50:07 pm by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
here we go ... *.delegate.xeroc announced a feed
Details:
37005 insufficient_depth: insufficient depth

I am going to lunch dinner .. don't rocket the price .. I will not be able to change the feed for at least the next couple of hours :)
luckily we are on MEDIAN mode :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:44:15 am by xeroc »

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I have write a script to update the feed price automatic
https://github.com/Bitsuperlab/operation_tools/tree/master/btsxfeed

the depth is not enough, who can give some depth? we need create bitUSD soon.
If time gone, the final feed price is 0.036, but btc38 price is 0.05, it's very hard to match with the low short price.

I am willing to update my feed several times today if needed to adjust for the fast moving price of BTSX on the exchanges. It has climbed a lot since the first feed was published. Would that be bad? Should I just leave it?

Publish as often as you like, it just costs you $0.015 to publish... we just need the median within +/- 10% of the actual price.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on it. I'm happy to burn through some of my delegate pay to bootstrap this thing. That's what it's there for :) . I updated my revenue tracking spreadsheet to track this +/- percentage live for my delegate. This will satisfy my need to keep refreshing something hahah.

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Currently we have 38 feeds, we need 13 more...
And depth of >20 000 000 BTSX in USD/BTSX market should trigger it.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline Riverhead

the depth is not enough, who can give some depth? we need create bitUSD soon.
If time gone, the final feed price is 0.036, but btc38 price is 0.05, it's very hard to match with the low short price.

I am willing to update my feed several times today if needed to adjust for the fast moving price of BTSX on the exchanges. It has climbed a lot since the first feed was published. Would that be bad? Should I just leave it?

Publish as often as you like, it just costs you $0.015 to publish... we just need the median within +/- 10% of the actual price.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on it. I'm happy to burn through some of my delegate pay to bootstrap this thing. That's what it's there for :) . I updated my revenue tracking spreadsheet to track this +/- percentage live for my delegate. This will satisfy my need to keep refreshing something hahah.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:57:31 pm by Riverhead »