Author Topic: Register account issue  (Read 1463 times)

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I mean in general in to make it more convinient for new users who maybe not even know that they have to ask someone to send them some BTSX...

Also can you send to an unregistered account? Or only to a public key if the account is not registered yet?

I believe in the future, BTSX exchanges will take care of this step for you. (Basically you buy like 1 BTSX with fiat or BTC or whatever, and then once you have BTSX in the exchange, the exchange will provide the function to get you registered). Someone said Poloniex already has this function, I don't have an account there so I can't confirm.

Offline davidpbrown

That could open up a spamming option for those without BitShares best interests at heart. Delegates want their payment and it's nice to be nice and to have users engage with the community too.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Wouldn't it be possible to let each wallet register one / the first account for free?

Offline davidpbrown

I expect that if it's not registered and on the blockchain, then it's not visible. So, you can send to an unregistered account by putting the account key to a new contact in your address book and sending to the contact name.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I mean in general in to make it more convinient for new users who maybe not even know that they have to ask someone to send them some BTSX...

Also can you send to an unregistered account? Or only to a public key if the account is not registered yet?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:04:52 pm by delulo »

Offline davidpbrown

Could you not just send him 1 BTSX?.. add their account key as a contact and send to whatever name you gave it.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I just told a friend about BitShares. He had the problem to register an account without BTSX. Do we have a solution for this without going to a faucet thread or so?