Author Topic: BitUSD Market Paused until Delegates can Upgrade  (Read 5941 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
We have identified an issue that requires an immediate hard fork to resolve.  We have removed the required depth.

Updates will follow shortly.

Wow I didn't even know markets could be paused. This is a pretty smooth way to handle it.

If someday, the government say: BM, I command you to pause the market, then it paused immediately.   

I never know this before.....
There is a requirement for a certain amount of market depth before the markets will execute.  This prevents a single person from attacking the order book in a market with very few actors.  Right now the market is very young and there is very little depth on the buy side of bit usd.  BM has placed bid orders to get the depth of that side of the book over the 20M BTSX requirement.  When there was a problem he simply removed those orders.  If another actor had the funds to place those orders and was so inclined the markets would have opened. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
We have identified an issue that requires an immediate hard fork to resolve.  We have removed the required depth.

Wow I didn't even know markets could be paused. This is a pretty smooth way to handle it.

If someday, the government say: BM, I command you to pause the market, then it paused immediately.   

if that day comes remember that delegates must agree on that decision!
That was the case right now.The majority of delegates agreed for a reason !  For the best interrest of current shareholders.

Offline quickbit

• View Profile

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
That version wasn't tagged but is GUI only... "master" is the one you want.

I pulled master and recompiled. The issued did not go away..
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bytemaster

That version wasn't tagged but is GUI only... "master" is the one you want.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
All delegates have upgraded, version 0.4.8-a of the GUI has been released, trading can resume safely.

I can't find 0.4.8-a...

Code: [Select]
$ git tag -l
v0.0.1-alpha.1
v0.0.1-alpha.2
v0.0.1-dryrun.10
v0.0.1-dryrun.8

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bytemaster

All delegates have upgraded, version 0.4.8-a of the GUI has been released, trading can resume safely.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Any ETA for the dmg / exe releases? I could build from source but not really in the mood if the team is releasing executables.

Executables in progress...

dmg is live! Thanks for all the hard work BTSX team.

waiting for .exe now
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline robrigo

Any ETA for the dmg / exe releases? I could build from source but not really in the mood if the team is releasing executables.

dmg is live! Thanks for all the hard work BTSX team.

Offline bytemaster

Offline robrigo

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
*.xeroc up and running!
backup machine will follow tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:46:35 am by xeroc »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani