Author Topic: My plea to delegates and especially voting stakeholders: don't be shortsighted!  (Read 4844 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
lol ... I skrewed that one up .. yhea .. definitely :)

In German, the word offensive has a slightly different meaning ... :)

I think the word you were looking for is aggressively?  :P
+5% yhea ^.^

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

I think the word you were looking for is aggressively?  :P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Xeldal

I should offensively start sending out tips and offer more bounties :)

lol, just imagining you dispensing tips in the most offensive way possible. 

I know what you mean though. :)

"screw you guy, your mothers a hamster, here's 100 BTSX.  Cheerio! "
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:48:21 pm by Xeldal »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I should offensively start sending out tips and offer more bounties :)

Xeldal

I totally agree.  I've said the same before.  I think targeted pay will always be better then blanket destruction, this is how I cast my vote anyways.

Please consider voting for bitshares-dev.invest.xeldal

All income over cost is put to the development of the BitShares ecosystem.

how so, do you have a business plan/accounting posted or set up? Would you like people to apply to you for projects? I think this is a good idea, and I've seen over a dozen say the same - but I'm curious as to what it actually means

Currently it would be with trust and at my discretion.  I will put something more concrete together and post somewhere.  Hopefully as the system grows we will have better tools for this purpose.

Offline Riverhead

What I would love to see is delegates who dedicate % of their pay to developers. I would love to be building DAC tools and even quit my amazing full time job, if I know the community will support me. At the same time I think I can create a lot more value for everyone than what my services would cost.

I would be willing to go back to a higher % if there was a fund for paying developers. I'm happy to donate some of my earnings (as you know) but so far there is no slick way to do this other than to scan the forums and look for worthy developers to donate to. I don't think you'd want to quit your job on the hope that I find you.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Quick question: Is there a charity fund for delegates to donate part of their earnings? So they could be further applied into the system to develop it? I want to know because lately I've been seriously thinking about this and I would like to know where to donate to if I can ever make it work out
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I totally agree.  I've said the same before.  I think targeted pay will always be better then blanket destruction, this is how I cast my vote anyways.

how so, do you have a business plan/accounting posted or set up? Would you like people to apply to you for projects? I think this is a good idea, and I've seen over a dozen say the same - but I'm curious as to what it actually means
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Xeldal

Offline betax

• View Profile
What do you think about my idea 45% for forum users (lottery based) and 45% for charity, maybe part of the charity fund could be use for bitshares development. I don't know if will be sort on the 10% for cost etc.. after a while but I guess if I can justify it nobody would mind.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline svk

I agree with this, which is why I'm keeping my pay rate at 80%. That seems a good compromise between giving dividends back to the users and funding VPNs and other activities like my block explorer website development. Now that I got elected, I feel more comfortable beefing up my delegate VPN as well as adding a seed node VPN, but with too low of a payrate I wouldn't be able to do those things.

So please don't judge delegates only by their payrate, also look at their contributions to the ecosystem.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
What I would love to see is delegates who dedicate % of their pay to developers. I would love to be building DAC tools and even quit my amazing full time job, if I know the community will support me. At the same time I think I can create a lot more value for everyone than what my services would cost.
Angel delegate is dedicated just for that. Pitch your project and you might get funded.

UPDATE: It seems though that delegate lost support along with lotto. So the funds in the angel fund might not be enough.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:57:09 am by emski »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile