Author Topic: About Slates  (Read 2647 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explanation, although it leaves me a little disappointed. :(

It seems like it will require constant engagement of shareholders (which we're not going to get).

Think we're going to need proper proxy voting (allow shareholders to fully delegate their voting power to a trusted third-party).

A very basic version of this is coming in the next version, enough to at least vote safely from a hot wallet at all. A more powerful version will come after it is more carefully designed.

great news  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A very basic version of this is coming in the next version, enough to at least vote safely from a hot wallet at all. A more powerful version will come after it is more carefully designed.

Great news! Thanks!
Indeed .. +5%

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Great news! Thanks!
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

It seems like it will require constant engagement of shareholders (which we're not going to get).

Think we're going to need proper proxy voting (allow shareholders to fully delegate their voting power to a trusted third-party).

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is there any way yet to see who is publishing slates, and which delegates are on those slates?
Slates are published in the public data field of the delegates .. see for example:
   blockchain_get_account delegate.xeroc

The slateID is deterministically derived from the set of delegates that are
elected by that slate. To figure out which delegates are in that slate you need
to checkout the lastest transactions of that delegate.
In this case it's
  txid:  db5cee34a2a36010dde86a58971ab73583270485
That tx defines the slateID and the set of delegates in it.

Does a delegate need to republish his slate every time it changes? Or is the
delegate publishing the fact that his slate is available, and is automatically
updated?
Publish slate is it's very own transactions and has to be done manually every time you want to update your slate.
Check out the script I wrote to do this:
   https://github.com/xeroc/delegate-slate/blob/master/main.py

If I send funds, using another delegate's slate, and the delegate then updates
his slate, is my vote updated with his most recent slate, or do I need to send
funds again to vote his most recent slate?
You tx counts for a slateID .. if a delegate updates his list of delegates in the slate.. the slateID is chanced ..
Hence, your vote is not changed by a delegate!!

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm just getting to grips with these slates - got some questions -

Is there any way yet to see who is publishing slates, and which delegates are on those slates?

Does a delegate need to republish his slate every time it changes? Or is the delegate publishing the fact that his slate is available, and is automatically updated?

If I send funds, using another delegate's slate, and the delegate then updates his slate, is my vote updated with his most recent slate, or do I need to send funds again to vote his most recent slate?