Author Topic: Huge p2p log files  (Read 2761 times)

Offline stanno

• View Profile
looks like i had some connection issues on 8/19, during the initial setup of the wallet.  one log was .5GB.  couple of others on 8/19 and 8/20 were .2 to .4GB.   after i got my account registered and the PTS wallet imported, the log size shrunk considerably, with largest being 24MB.   most are in the 6-9MB range.

had the same pattern when i upgraded to the latest wallet version.  I was on v3 something, and it stopped syncing.  4.08 fixed everything.

still working on the Linux wallet installation though.  On ubuntu 14.04, i got the wallet to where it opens on the test network.  I'm thinking i just need to copy the config.json file, and probably the rest of files from the %appdata%/BitsharesX folder from my windows installation, over to the linux VM.  That sound like it will work?

One thing i've noticed about the Ubuntu installation instructions:  there is a README in every directory below the top level BitsharesX directory.  They have conflicting/incomplete installation instructions.  Once i finally found the one with the complete and accurate instructions, i was finally able to get the wallet installed correctly.  The source on github needs a bit of cleaning.  consistency across all of the readme's, or removal of all but the 1 that works would be awesome, and probably save many others the headaches i ran into.  something to do in your spare time, of course.  lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:16:42 pm by stanno »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
these are logs .. you can safely remove them ..
however I wonder why they grew so large ..
you can check the logging system configuration in the "config.json" file .. maybe you increased logging level for P2P?

Offline stanno

• View Profile
Do i need to keep the p2p log files?  since 8/19, the AppData\Roaming\BitShares X\logs\p2p directory has grown to over 4GB.  is this normal? 

it won't break anything if i delete all but the currents day's logs, will it?

i may just test it, by copying the folder and deleting the original.