Author Topic: Trading  (Read 1107 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I believe that the peg will hold. And obviously I want to make profits.

If I buy cheap bitusd @ 0.9 by selling BTSX and then bitusd = 1usd I have increased essentially my usd purchase power by 10%. But if the peg holds then BTSX rally may be by 20% or 50%+++ very shortly so eventually I have lost money since I could have sold my BTSX at higher price.

So I was wondering what is the best strategy one should follow..

This has intrigued me for a long time. It's a tragedy of the commons! The best thing for Bitshares is if you buy BitUSD and support the peg, but you can actually make more money by ignoring bitUSD or even shorting it because you believe BTSX is going to rise quickly.

So I should tell you to buy bitUSD because I want the peg to be tighter, and then I'll go secretly short more bitUSD to you and take away your profit :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The best strategy is to get back in time and sell all your BTSX at 0.00012 BTC for bitUSDs...  :P

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I believe that the peg will hold. And obviously I want to make profits.

If I buy cheap bitusd @ 0.9 by selling BTSX and then bitusd = 1usd I have increased essentially my usd purchase power by 10%. But if the peg holds then BTSX rally may be by 20% or 50%+++ very shortly so eventually I have lost money since I could have sold my BTSX at higher price.

So I was wondering what is the best strategy one should follow..