Author Topic: We are in the lead and NXT knows this.  (Read 7933 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I agree with the op's line of thinking here....sorry guys

Both parties are basically working to develop the same thing but going about it is slightly difference ways.To not think of them as competition is not seeing the forest for the trees.  I am not saying to bad mouth them or to not work with them but I am saying we are both building in the same sandbox. At a point the sandbox is only so big but right now their is plenty of room for us both. Throughout history the greater has nearly always taken from the lesser. So please take a moment and understand what it would mean to be the lesser of the 2 techs. While enemy was too strong of a word competitor is exactly what we are.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think it exists but i don't think we ve missed anything yet

he missed something big...
(consider the fees with these volumes!)

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
The real enemy is the legacy financial system and establishment.  They are losing.
I do not think they are enemy, they have just stopped evolving and that is much worse.
You stop evolving in the system which is evolving you are left behind. I am not feeling animosity toward current financial system any more than I am feeling animosity toward black and white TVs, they are in the process of becoming irrelevant.  :)

Bailouts, debasement of currency, removal of gold standard, 17 trillion dollars of national debt in the US, ect, ect, ect.  There is plenty of animosity to go around because of destruction of wealth.   ;)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think it exists but i don't think we ve missed anything yet

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think NXT had a lot of problems the last month...

Long term members scammed the community, hackers stole a lot o funds from an important community member, hackers stole from BTER and  the most important was that a couple of members pumped hugely the price with "huge announcements" and then dumped the price to the unsuspected (including myself, thankfully I have not invested much in them) within a week and have disappeared.

All in all NXT may have potential but this lost trust due to all the aforementioned is not going to be gained easily no matter what they do now...
Is it just my feeling or have I missed some recent announcments on bitHaus/nxtHaus (domsch) NXT-fiat exchange? That project still exists?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think NXT had a lot of problems the last month...

Long term members scammed the community, hackers stole a lot o funds from an important community member, hackers stole from BTER and  the most important was that a couple of members pumped hugely the price with "huge announcements" and then dumped the price to the unsuspected (including myself, thankfully I have not invested much in them) within a week and have disappeared.

All in all NXT may have potential but this lost trust due to all the aforementioned is not going to be gained easily no matter what they do now...

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
The real enemy is the legacy financial system and establishment.  They are losing.
I do not think they are enemy, they have just stopped evolving and that is much worse.
You stop evolving in the system which is evolving you are left behind. I am not feeling animosity toward current financial system any more than I am feeling animosity toward black and white TVs, they are in the process of becoming irrelevant.  :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
The title has already been changed.  I may have strong opinions but I am pragmatic.

dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
"a pragmatic approach to politics"
synonyms:   practical, matter-of-fact, sensible, down-to-earth, commonsensical, businesslike, having both/one's feet on the ground, hardheaded, no-nonsense; informalhard-nosed
"she remains pragmatic in the most emotional circumstances"
antonyms:   impractical
relating to philosophical or political pragmatism.
LINGUISTICS
of or relating to pragmatics.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Sun Tzu

Too late...  :(

BTSX is @ no.4 so there will be many visitors

'Whether the object be to crush an army, to storm a city, or to assassinate an individual, it is always necessary to begin by finding out the names of the attendants, the aides-de-camp and door-keepers and sentries of the general in command. Our spies must be commissioned to ascertain these.'

Sun Tzu

More Oasis.

General Oasis.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
The title has already been changed.  I may have strong opinions but I am pragmatic.

dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
synonyms:   practical, matter-of-fact, sensible, down-to-earth, commonsensical, businesslike, having both/one's feet on the ground, hardheaded, no-nonsense; informalhard-nosed
LINGUISTICS

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Sun Tzu

Too late...  :(

BTSX is @ no.4 so there will be many visitors

'Whether the object be to crush an army, to storm a city, or to assassinate an individual, it is always necessary to begin by finding out the names of the attendants, the aides-de-camp and door-keepers and sentries of the general in command. Our spies must be commissioned to ascertain these.'

Sun Tzu

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

LINGUISTICS

Sun Tzu

Yes Sir, onceuponatime.

Not me, Sun Tzu.

Sure onceuponatime.  Keep your quotes coming and other ones from Sun Tzu is good too.  We need it.

Offline onceuponatime

LINGUISTICS

Sun Tzu

Yes Sir, onceuponatime.

Not me, Sun Tzu.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

LINGUISTICS

Sun Tzu

Yes Sir, onceuponatime.

Offline onceuponatime

LINGUISTICS

Sun Tzu

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

LINGUISTICS