Author Topic: How to start the market of bitUSD please read *EVERYONE*  (Read 16121 times)

Offline bytemaster

Charting is being completely reworked.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

jakub

Here is what I see:

Just notice bid and ask have the same depth. Something easy for them to fix for RC2 :).

We can fix that with a soft-update of the GUI without having to do a new release :)

And while we are at it - could we prevent the chart's vertical axis from starting at 0?
It's a small fix (hopefully) but it would make the GUI much more readable.

Offline Riverhead

Cut/Paste from my GUI:

Code: [Select]
About
Client version   0.4.11
bitshares_toolkit_revision    07af40ee7c210fb4597e8717ddbbfd4f3df49c18
bitshares_toolkit_revision_age    16 hours ago
compile_date    compiled on Sep 2 2014 at 18:53:02
fc_revision    a0b3a9a92d28ec0b3a08b45b8c1449737f56dd34
fc_revision_age    19 hours ago

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We can fix that with a soft-update of the GUI without having to do a new release :)

soft-update without have to do a new release sounds great :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I bet DAC Sun forgot to update the web gui before they built it on Windows.   The Mac GUI is right for 4.11.

I am on Linux and I dont see anything different in the gui, after a fresh clean rebuild.

Offline Riverhead

Update: A cut/paste of the bid price from the CLI caused it to match instantly :).

BIDS (* Short Order)                                       |                                   ASKS                                 
TOTAL                     QUANTITY                                     PRICE | PRICE                                        QUANTITY                     TOTAL   COLLATERAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
999.0943 USD              32,070.92703 BTSX               0.031152647975 USD | 0.031153000000 USD                   3,427.49502 BTSX              106.7767 USD

The reason it isn't matching is a rounding issue.  The GUI displays them with a truncated precision, the CLI shows what is really going on.

Thanks! I'll bump my ASK a soupcon. Next time I'll check the CLI. Interesting thing though is I didn't type the ask price; I clicked the link under the order input fields.

The client is really starting to come together!  +5%
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:53:59 pm by Riverhead »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Are you sure you're on 0.4.11-RC1?  What does get_info say on the console?

On the market screen you should see four boxes across the top: Median Price, 1hr Average, Your Balance, and something else I forget (on my work VPN so can't log into the client right now).

If you don't see Median price on the top you're not on RC1.

get_info shows: "client_version": "0.4.11", yet I dont see the median at the top of the market screen. Ill try doing a clean rebuild just to be sure.

I can confirm on 0.4.11-RC1 downloaded from https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases I have no median price at the top, and overlapping but unmatched orders are still unfiltered in the bid and ask boxes.

Same thing here. Looks identical to 0.4.10. Are you on windows? I just used the *.exe from the URL you posted.

I bet DAC Sun forgot to update the web gui before they built it on Windows.   The Mac GUI is right for 4.11.

I figured that must be it since other people were fine.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

On the market screen you should see four boxes across the top: Median Price, 1hr Average, Your Balance, and something else I forget (on my work VPN so can't log into the client right now).

get_info shows: "client_version": "0.4.11", yet I dont see the median at the top of the market screen. Ill try doing a clean rebuild just to be sure.

I can confirm on 0.4.11-RC1 downloaded from https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases I have no median price at the top, and overlapping but unmatched orders are still unfiltered in the bid and ask boxes.

Same thing here. Looks identical to 0.4.10. Are you on windows? I just used the *.exe from the URL you posted.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Here is what I see:

Just notice bid and ask have the same depth. Something easy for them to fix for RC2 :).

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

BIDS (* Short Order)                                       |                                   ASKS                                 
TOTAL                     QUANTITY                                     PRICE | PRICE                                        QUANTITY                     TOTAL   COLLATERAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
999.0943 USD              32,070.92703 BTSX               0.031152647975 USD | 0.031153000000 USD                   3,427.49502 BTSX              106.7767 USD

The reason it isn't matching is a rounding issue.  The GUI displays them with a truncated precision, the CLI shows what is really going on.

Offline Riverhead

That's my ASK at the top. It's slowly getting chipped away by the bid. Not sure why it's not matching all at once since it clearly has the depth to fill my order. Anyway, it is matching and I don't see any shorts in the bid table.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Here is what I see:

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy