Author Topic: We are in the lead and NXT knows this.  (Read 7928 times)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Own your enemies. If you really feel NXT is the enemy then buy shares in it.

Why would you buy shares in your enemy?  Sure we can look at this differently in terms of different words to use but this is disruptive technology.  Lets be the first to be the biggest.  For fame and fortune, my friends

"Keep Your Friends Close, But Your Enemies Closer"

:D

Offline fuzzy

What are you referring to with programmers, is BitSharesX in C++ and NXT in Java?
*confirmed*

IMHO the thread title sucks

Many posters to this thread have also said the title sucks. But OP only wants to teach, he doesn't want to learn (I get the impression that he already knows everything  :) ) And getting him to change a title, or his opinion, is probably a hopeless cause.

We all have opinions...and some of them are strong.  Best to accept that and not worry too much over the small stuff, but accept everyones opinions and accept they may prove to be correct in time.  It isn't like he is altogether incorrect so much as it is the way it was said makes people uncomfortable.

I personally like strong personalities...they are fun and challenging.  As long as we are all willing to admit when we are proven wrong--I see nothing wrong with this thread.  In fact, it has already made it to 2 pages so there must have been something intriguing!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Why would you buy shares in your enemy?  Sure we can look at this differently in terms of different words to use but this is disruptive technology.  Lets be the first to be the biggest.  For fame and fortune, my friends

Offline onceuponatime

What are you referring to with programmers, is BitSharesX in C++ and NXT in Java?
*confirmed*

Many posters to this thread have also said the title sucks. But OP only wants to teach, he doesn't want to learn (I get the impression that he already knows everything  :) ) And getting him to change a title, or his opinion, is probably a hopeless cause.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
*confirmed*

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Do not work till you faint (developers)

Tell your friends about the benefits of BTSX and that it will go grow (fast)! (Grassroots promotion) tell them about this website bitshares.org and the forum.  Specifically tell them about this General forum.

I am one of the people on this forum who is most capable of a post like this...and even I have respect for NXT.  Their community and devs all are top notch in my opinion (why I own NXT too).  BitShares and NXT are very similar in the intelligence of their design and both being written in different programming languages enables a broader level of high quality code that actually serves the crypto-sphere well with regard to security and development. 

Sure...a Java programmer might be able to switch over and write pretty solid code in C++, but why force them to waste that time when they can code in a language they know inside and out?  NXT has value. 

With that said, I still think BitShares is an overall better model...but much to see with regard to what the future brings!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I've looked into NXT and I'm not seeing anything interesting. Do they have crypto derivatives (BitAssets)? If they don't then I wouldn't consider them competitors let alone "enemies"...

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline Blahbleuhbleuh

• View Profile
No point thinking like that... They're not "enemies", they're our cousins in the crypto industry. Instead of trying to build a wall around you and give everybody the middle finger, it's better to approach people and work on common problems and build standards and interoperability where that is successful... Everybody in the same boat, buddy.

Offline testz

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
(For the developers) This is a race like to build the atomic bomb metaphorically speaking.  Never forget that.  In this industry the winner may get 90% market share. 

(For everyone else) Do not take words literally use a Thesaurus.

Quite a bit of war rhetoric there. There is no benefit form such a language imo.

Better let the best arguments speak than aggressive words.

I suppose that this forum / community is one of the brighter ones (next to truthcoin which is very small though) because Dan began with calm and good arguments which attracted calm and smart people who convinced calm and smart people and so on.

You are invited to do the same. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D