Author Topic: Exchanges  (Read 30343 times)

Offline domi771

• View Profile
Re: Exchanges
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:01 pm »
Bitshares PTS can be traded since today on EUROCEX: https://www.eurocex.com/market/btcpts

Offline Bigboppa

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 07:15:52 pm »
bter refunded my account, all ok!

Offline vertoe

• i'm here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »

Offline Bigboppa

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 04:52:49 pm »
Also pts problem with cryptsy. I can´t get a deposit address from them. So, what´s going on? Problems with fork?

Offline Bigboppa

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 05:37:54 pm »
bter got some problems with pts. Message: PTS-deposits are disabled. A pts-deposit from me, done hours before, never appears in my bter account. I took a ticket and am waiting for reply...

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
I just made my first PTS purchase at bter.com and found it to be fast and efficient.  Moving BTC in, purchasing PTS, then withdrawing them to my wallet was accomplished in under an hour.  My buy order was just below the market rate.  The transaction fee at bter.com is slightly less than coins-e (0.18% compared to 0.2%) although the PTS withdrawal fee is the same (0.1 PTS).  The interface at coins-e is cleaner and easier to navigate in my opinion, but the liquidity there is just too low to be very useful for me at this time.  I'll keep watching it and hope they can build up a sufficiently large user base.

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 05:55:25 pm »

Cool, thanks for the reply. But having a direct conversion from USD to PTS and vice versa would also make it a whole lot easier to deal with and a whole lot more independent of BTC pricing.

Just look at how difficult it is to convert fiat into BTC and back, even with all the interest BTC is getting (both from the public and governments).  With dozens upon dozens of altcoins out there, it's going to require time for the market to sort out the good from the not-so-good.  Until that happens, the market for PTS will be relatively illiquid and thus not conducive to setting up a direct exchange.  Such an exchange would be very good for the PTS brand, but the viability of the DAC/BTS concept is almost certainly going to have to prove itself first.  At present, it's only a highly speculative niche.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 04:26:09 pm »
Cool, thanks for the reply. But having a direct conversion from USD to PTS and vice versa would also make it a whole lot easier to deal with and a whole lot more independent of BTC pricing.
No worries. I hear what you are saying. It may take some time as Bitcoin has the several year head start going from virtual to physical.

Offline mav2000

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »
What would be the best way to sell PTS for USD? Directly, without having to convert to BTC
I have not seen any that do that. I think it's just because of the relationships that are needed with banks. The alt coin type exchanges just deal in BTC to eliminate that hassle for them.

Offline mav2000

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »
What would be the best way to sell PTS for USD? Directly, without having to convert to BTC

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:00 pm »
Very interesting url
Do they have a good support in case of problems?

If you are asking about coins-e, I have not had any problems so no need to contact their support.  I have purchased PTS there in 3 separate transactions during the past week.  I'm not very pleased with the double fees (for trading and withdrawing PTS) but it's much better than losing coins!

Offline pinov

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:59 am »
Very interesting url
Do they have a good support in case of problems?
Approve pinov and pinof & earn BTSX on every transaction you make
wallet_approve_delegate pinov
wallet_approve_delegate pinof

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »
I just bought my first PTS at coins-e.com.  Yes, it is a relatively illiquid exchange, but the way to think about it is more like a limit order desk.  The sellers are out there, you just have to be patient.

Registration is simple and completely anonymous.  You can't place an order until a sufficient number of BTC are ledgered in your account.  Four network verifications are required to confirm the available BTC balance and in my experience this takes slightly less than an hour.  This is consistent with the posted confirmation time at coins-e. 

I entered a buy order for PTS at my desired number and price, very close to the current ask price in the expectation that it would get filled as quickly as possible.  The order was filled in about 20 minutes and a fee of 0.2% was charged, paid in BTC from my account.  I then downloaded the PTS to my wallet (the withdraw process) and incurred a fixed fee of 0.1 PTS.  So purchasing a fraction of a PTS isn't very cost effective at this time.  The withdrawal cannot be initiated unless a confirmation email from coins-e is acknowledged. 

I repeated the process for about 10x more PTS and it worked well.  Because it was a larger order, it was filled incrementally in four separate blocks.  Both the purchase and withdrawal fees remained the same.  I acquired my PTS in the range of 0.016--0.017 BTC.

Offline Sullivan

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 06:02:52 am »
Hello, am relatively new to the forum and wanted to talk about my experience real fast. I personally haven't tried bter but for cryptsy I personally lost ~.5 btc about 2 months ago due to a mistake in their system. They had absolutely terrible support and I never received a response from them. Ever. I'm still wary about bter as I've heard of similar experiences