Author Topic: Bytemaster please explain the new tradingrules in 0.4.10  (Read 4164 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Where can I find the complete rules of BitsUSD trading? Will they valid in certain time period or they are keep changing? Will we receive an advance notice before it changes? I have kept update the wallet in these days and watch the BitUSD trading but still could not figure out the rules.

I think the only foolproof reference is the code itself. The project is developing fast, and I'm not aware of a single comprehensive up-to-date source of documentation.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

We will publish the rules once they stop changing which I am fairly certain we are converging on a set of manageable rules.

and it should be easy to follow in real time when trading... (with instructions, different colors etc...)

Offline bytemaster

Where can I find the complete rules of BitsUSD trading? Will they valid in certain time period or they are keep changing? Will we receive an advance notice before it changes? I have kept update the wallet in these days and watch the BitUSD trading but still could not figure out the rules.

I think the only foolproof reference is the code itself. The project is developing fast, and I'm not aware of a single comprehensive up-to-date source of documentation.

We will publish the rules once they stop changing which I am fairly certain we are converging on a set of manageable rules.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline calvin

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
In the meantime is there a way to see the median price in 0.4.10 ?

Code: [Select]
blockchain_get_feeds_for_asset USD
Right now:
USD: 0.029499999999999998       ~33.8983BTSX/bitBTC

BTC: 6.2844999999999999e-05     ~15,912BTSX/bitBTC
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:24:04 pm by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
we have a series of GUI improvements which we will be able to push out over the next few days without client updates after the next release
+1 In the meantime is there a way to see the median price in 0.4.10 ?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
we have a series of GUI improvements which we will be able to push out over the next few days without client updates after the next release
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
so median is not average . will the median be displayed?

Offline bytemaster

so bytemaster the shorts are ignored till what point exact? maybe something like a line or information could be displayed

A GUI update is about to be pushed to clarify this.  They are ignored until the median price feed is above their price.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
so bytemaster the shorts are ignored till what point exact? maybe something like a line or information could be displayed

+1

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

Offline bytemaster

ok, if this the case, this should be fixed as well. it is not possible to see that.

I agree.  We have already talked about this particular issue. 

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
ok, if this the case, this should be fixed as well. it is not possible to see that.
and you can't modify an order only cancel.