Author Topic: WE'RE HIRING! BitShares is now looking for web developers. Apply here.  (Read 9083 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'll throw my name in the hat

Resume:

-7 years+ mouse advanced (various types)

Incl. left/right & double click
Also capable of navigating two screens with just one mouse

-Can safely eject removable USB storage things.

- 'ctrl+alt+delete' experience  & can also hold the power button down to make it turn off in an emergency.
LOL .. I really had to laugh ... very nice  +5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I'll throw my name in the hat

Resume:

-7 years+ mouse advanced (various types)

Incl. left/right & double click
Also capable of navigating two screens with just one mouse

-Can safely eject removable USB storage things.

- 'ctrl+alt+delete' experience  & can also hold the power button down to make it turn off in an emergency.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
None of those sites are online.. do you expect us to remember what they were? One works but it is just a wordpress theme with a few simple pages in the blog.

LOL!

Go to www.archive.org  and look them up.  You will see the development of the User Interface from project to project.

When a project dies.  Rarely do you keep it active.  Some projects live forever, some do not.  The ones that are active I am not telling you, as I do not want you to know me.

They seem pretty simple to me, I'd love to see the work of a 15 yr professional rather than when you had 3-5 years experience and doing simple form submits or html page links.

Those sites were 2001/2002/2003/2004, lets see what you developed back then.  Furthermore, look at Google, in simplicity.  What im say is those sites were shit, but lets see what you developed back then.

So is it really useful to see those sites? You must be saying that you kept up with web technologies as you became more experience, hence it would be cool to see something new. Personally I focused more on backend apps c/c++ with some mysql/php/js interfaces for backend use and software for companies that you would never see outside its industry. However if you PM me I can show you what I am working on now and we can compare as I have similar levels of experience.

Its only useful in terms that I have developed and went through the trial and error aspect and now have a large accumulated experience.

Im not looking for a job so you win Sir jsidhu.  Furthermore with the job that they are looking for, a developer as you are thinking is a c/c++ engineer which is what is needed, so you win double down.

However, you must realize time is of the essence and you may be in India (I hope your in the US because that is what they are looking for (im not in the US)).  So if you can relocate and take there tests then that is what matters.

I hope they have programming tests they give to there developers.

Also I dont even know why they need more developers, what there total funding, yearly budget (burn rate should be less than 10% please guys I hope you are not burning through funds.  I understand if they do not want it on the forum and I hope they dont.

Non sense did you even try to read the description of what they wanted?

Not all east indians are residing in India LoL!!!
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I apologize for taking this thread even farther off topic. 

I am not a skilled web developer, and I wouldn't know an angular JS if it bit me on the ass.  I clicked this thread for one purpose only.  I was curious how many times eagleeye had posted.  My over under was 10 posts.  He blew it away at 17.  I think I am going to devise a drinking game from this. 

In all seriousness eagleeye.  You are posting too much.  If you don't have a meaningful comment that adds to the conversation already taking place.  Please don't post in that thread.  If there is something else you would like to discuss.  Feel free to open a new thread. 

If there is a thread that is asking for opinions and you have an opinion, please pipe in.  If there is a thread that is asking for web developers that have experience with angular JS, and you don't.  Why are you posting?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
This person is polluting the forums to such a degree he is making them hard to use.  His suggestions are next to worthless.  He's posted like 50 times in the past 2 hours.  If he is a serious person, then oh well.  If he keeps posting anything like this, Bitsapphire needs to look into some sort of post throttling or perhaps banning.  He even derailed this thread!

There is simply too much important discussion going on here to have it buried by this person because they wish to do so.

How am I filling the thread with useless posts?  For the people who are serious they willl read this and they will read the specific threads.  Some of my threads have become very active, and we are working through on the public (meaning user side meaning general public (obviously not the people who know of this yet, only on the forum) some of the problems with the GUI that the developers may have not thought of yet, that I believe they do know now, they may have already known.  If the admins want me to slow down or stop I will.

I will not be so active on all days as my interest/profession/self-employed job/ is a financial scientist as well as being other things like on this forum a Digital Waiter.  My returns can be lumpy in the stock market or cryptocurrency market. 

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
This person is polluting the forums to such a degree he is making them hard to use.  His suggestions are next to worthless.  He's posted like 50 times in the past 2 hours.  If he is a serious person, then oh well.  If he keeps posting anything like this, Bitsapphire needs to look into some sort of post throttling or perhaps banning.  He even derailed this thread!

There is simply too much important discussion going on here to have it buried by this person because they wish to do so.

*noticed*
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:48:51 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I hope you are here to help.

Spamming the forum with posts in attempt to get to "hero" status doesn't help.

By the way, you seem to be full of excuses. "Spy's are watching". Can't download because you have an  "old computer" and now you say have an old version on an old computer because you broke your new computer. (The network has been forked by the way)

What do you mean the network has been forked, a new version?

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Eagleeye, you reek of ulterior motives here.

You are asking for help at the same time you are offering help.
You listed a bunch of parked domains and spam sites.
Your supposed highest traveled web page looks like something from 95, just hyperlinks.
You don't have a computer to download GUI, yet you think you are going to help?
You are a web developer since you were 14, yet you don't even own a proper computer?
You are not part of the Dev team, yet you here you are acting like it?
You are commenting on every post, yet you haven't even used the GUI?

Stop posting so much. Try reading and researching things on your own. 50+ posts today don't seem to be doing the trick. Spend the money you were going to buy BTSX with on a computer that you can download the GUI on to!  Then come back and ask a question.

Agree !!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:54:23 am by oco101 »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I had never bothered to research the ignore function until today.  I don't think that's being rude, it is just being reasonable.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I hope you are here to help.

Spamming the forum with posts in attempt to get to "hero" status doesn't help.

By the way, you seem to be full of excuses. "Spy's are watching". Can't download because you have an  "old computer" and now you say have an old version on an old computer because you broke your new computer. (The network has been forked by the way)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Your supposed highest traveled web page looks like something from 95, just hyperlinks.
You are a web developer since you were 14, yet you don't even own a proper computer?

Stop posting so much. Try reading and researching things on your own. 50+ posts today don't seem to be doing the trick. Spend the money you were going to buy BTSX with on a computer that you can download the GUI on to!  Then come back and ask a question.

I do have the GUI however it is an earlier version on an older laptop.  I am on a trip right now getting home tomorrow (I broke my computer on the first/second day of this trip).

My only motive is to make this huge.

If you do not believe me that is fine.  I am only hear to help.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
eagleeye, that is so funny. You went through the whole thread here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8047.60 and posted a reply to almost every post!  :o

Welcome! We have to teach you everything about BitShares! You could handle all the  Bitcointalk and Reddit trolls in  2 hours per day.

We just have to make sure the core devs do not get too distracted from their work. I always bite my tongue when I ask something because I feel bad for distracting them for their coding... :)

Did you read the wiki yet? I read it once all. Takes half a day of focused work but is very very much worth it. This is also very informative http://bitshares.org/blog/

Sir, it is the most important thread at the moment (atm).

I do know some of bitshares, I will read more.  Thank   It is the User Interface that needs to be changed specifically the look of the "Market" section, this is for bitUSD.

I looked at www.bitshares.org/blog the user interface needs to be more categorizated vertically.  I have worked on 50 website projects/businesses as well as various different types.
The core client  (incl. bug fixing) and education is most important atm. We need people who understand the basics and can teach others. Therefore reading the two sites I linked above would make a lot of sense. Many of your questions would be redundant then anyways.

I understand graphically user interfaces (the way the page looks) I have been developing them since I was 13/14 years old and with Internet businesses since I was 15/16.
+5%

I am now 28 years old so I have 13 - 15 years experience.
Great. Do you have some work you can show us?

Spys are watching this forum.  I can tell you privately and you can help spread the word.

go to www.archive.org   Then look up all the websites I have worked on.  From the beginning.

All of this is to the best of my knowledge (the dates)

Site Name               Date of Start
www.itempost.net (2001)
www.funnydoodle.com (2002)
www.crazydoodle.com (2002)
www.youfunny.com (2002)
www.animal-funny-pictures.com (I believe Im not sure anymore it was 10 years ago) (2002)
www.2famouslyrics.com  (had 20,000 - 50,000 people a day at its peak.) (2003/2004)
www.thelyricssite.com (2003/2004)
www.theflashgames.com (had 20,000 people a day at its peak) (2003)
www.lookatentertainment.com (had 60,000 people a day at its peak)  It predated youtube.com (2004)

I can go on.  I do not want to tout my own horn.

My antivirus don't like some of your links...  :-\

If I dont own the site now and let it die, obviously I let it go a long time ago, and someone else now owns the domain name and did what they wanted to do.  Karma will get them if they were trying to put viruses or adware/spyware on the websites to make quick money.