Author Topic: WE'RE HIRING! BitShares is now looking for web developers. Apply here.  (Read 9085 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Im not interested in doing escrow/broke services or scamming people.  I am an investor like how Warren Buffett invests in companies, I invest in things, one being cryptocurrency or bitshares.

I do not hold my bitshares on the platform as there are bugs, which is the reason why we are not going to the moon yet.

Think of my post count, I am like a Digital Waiter, that is all.

I am not apart of the dev team, I want to help, but I will not go to an office in the United States as I do not need a job.

I have talked to the development team, and they like me, (Hopefully). 

Im just trying to push the development of bitshares, as fast as possible, as this is industry is in a war like all industries, we have the Financial Atomic Bomb, we must just perfect it.

Your enthusiasm is most welcome as are your ideas.   +5%

I'm sure you can understand that when someone comes along with such a positive bullish perspective many (including me) will be thinking, "Hmm...what's he selling...what's his angle here...". The internet has made us all jaded cynics.

To the moon Alice, indeed. Hopefully not from a punch in the kisser though :) .

I understand Riverhead.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
O well if its an Android Developer I'd be happy to apply . I guess JS is more important to I3 at this moment.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
eagleeye, that is so funny. You went through the whole thread here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8047.60 and posted a reply to almost every post!  :o

Welcome! We have to teach you everything about BitShares! You could handle all the  Bitcointalk and Reddit trolls in  2 hours per day.

We just have to make sure the core devs do not get too distracted from their work. I always bite my tongue when I ask something because I feel bad for distracting them for their coding... :)

Did you read the wiki yet? I read it once all. Takes half a day of focused work but is very very much worth it. This is also very informative http://bitshares.org/blog/

Sir, it is the most important thread at the moment (atm).

I do know some of bitshares, I will read more.  Thank   It is the User Interface that needs to be changed specifically the look of the "Market" section, this is for bitUSD.

I looked at www.bitshares.org/blog the user interface needs to be more categorizated vertically.  I have worked on 50 website projects/businesses as well as various different types.
The core client  (incl. bug fixing) and education is most important atm. We need people who understand the basics and can teach others. Therefore reading the two sites I linked above would make a lot of sense. Many of your questions would be redundant then anyways.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:49:16 pm by delulo »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
eagleeye, that is so funny. You went through the whole thread here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8047.60 and posted a reply to almost every post!  :o

Welcome! We have to teach you everything about BitShares! You could handle all the  Bitcointalk and Reddit trolls in  2 hours per day.

We just have to make sure the core devs do not get too distracted from their work. I always bite my tongue when I ask something because I feel bad for distracting them for their coding... :)

Did you read the wiki yet? I read it once all. Takes half a day of focused work but is very very much worth it. This is also very informative http://bitshares.org/blog/

Sir, it is the most important thread at the moment (atm).

I do know some of bitshares, I will read more.  Thank   It is the User Interface that needs to be changed specifically the look of the "Market" section, this is for bitUSD.

I looked at www.bitshares.org/blog the user interface needs to be more categorizated vertically.  I have worked on 50 website projects/businesses as well as various different types. 

Offline Riverhead

Im not interested in doing escrow/broke services or scamming people.  I am an investor like how Warren Buffett invests in companies, I invest in things, one being cryptocurrency or bitshares.

I do not hold my bitshares on the platform as there are bugs, which is the reason why we are not going to the moon yet.

I am not apart of the dev team, I want to help, but I will not go to an office in the United States as I do not need a job.

Im just trying to push the development of bitshares, as fast as possible, as this is industry is in a war like all industries, we have the Financial Atomic Bomb, we must just perfect it.

Your enthusiasm is most welcome as are your ideas.   +5%

I'm sure you can understand that when someone comes along with such a positive bullish perspective many (including me) will be thinking, "Hmm...what's he selling...what's his angle here...". The internet has made us all jaded cynics.

To the moon Alice, indeed. Hopefully not from a punch in the kisser though :) .

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:32:45 pm by delulo »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Are team is already really good?

Who is the rest of the team and can I meet them?

I have to politely ask : Why you keep asking the same question over and over, I think you got the answer many times over by now. The lead developer already answer, Stan answer this question too. There so many way to contact the team, if you really wanted it is easy.

I was wondering the same. eagleeye has been registered for 2 weeks, has 146 posts, pumping the hell out of Bitshares on the forum, asking these easily answered questions repeatedly and now acting like he is in on the Dev team and knows what is needed.

No offense, but if this guy starts offering escrow/broker services or wants to sell large amounts under the table, stay away. Don't give any personal info either.

I do understand there are going to be noobs genuinely excited and super into Bitshares.  eagleeye may be one and apologize if so. It just that cynic in me.

Ggozzo

I have to politely ask : Why you keep asking the same question over and over, I think you got the answer many times over by now. The lead developer already answer, Stan answer this question too. There so many way to contact the team, if you really wanted it is easy.

I was wondering the same. eagleeye has been registered for 2 weeks, has 146 posts, pumping the hell out of Bitshares on the forum, asking these easily answered questions repeatedly and now acting like he is in on the Dev team and knows what is needed.

No offense, but if this guy starts offering escrow/broker services or wants to sell large amounts under the table, stay away. Don't give any personal info either.

I do understand there are going to be noobs genuinely excited and super into Bitshares.  eagleeye may be one and apologize if so. It just that cynic in me.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

I am gaining more and more access with developers.  When I mean meet them I mean talk to them.  I have 34 development points I have come up from last night, after I talked to 2 developers on mumble.

I am sorry if I have offended you oco101

Did't mean to me rude or anything ... No you did not offend me but I was just curios to know the reason.  That great to know that you could get in touch with them, 'cause I know it is not very complicated.  ;)

Thank you oco101.  If you were being blunt/rude/short or Frank, its good.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

I am gaining more and more access with developers.  When I mean meet them I mean talk to them.  I have 34 development points I have come up from last night, after I talked to 2 developers on mumble.

Did't mean to me rude or anything ... No you did not offend me but I was just curios to know the reason.  That great to know that you could get in touch with them, 'cause I know it is not very complicated.  ;)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Sorry, this is not a remote position. Bytemaster has requested that if someone is working with us full time, they relocate.  Yes, non US citizens can apply and work for us for as long as their visas will allow.  We already have devs who are with us for shorter periods of time.... Or you can work with us on a long term basis.  We'll be hiring quickly, so the process won't take long if you're the kind of person we're looking for. B

Sounds good. 

I am how many people are in the office right now and are you there?

Ive talked to some Developers and they are all over the US.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Sorry, this is not a remote position. Bytemaster has requested that if someone is working with us full time, they relocate.  Yes, non US citizens can apply and work for us for as long as their visas will allow.  We already have devs who are with us for shorter periods of time.... Or you can work with us on a long term basis.  We'll be hiring quickly, so the process won't take long if you're the kind of person we're looking for. B

Offline robrigo

This is awesome! I'm going to polish up and send out my resume within the week.