Author Topic: First Bitshares clone... Botshares on Dogeparty  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Theo

• View Profile
clone
BotsharesX is not a clone

What you don't seem to grasp is the value of BitShares X that accepts the controversy, speaks economically and takes itself as seriously as it deserves.
Oh I grasp how serious everyone here takes themselves, the "crypto-masters"

If you did understand this you'd be buying instead of waiting for a crash, and you'd figure out a way to make money out of this knowledge instead of wasting your time.

Great sell! Forget Liquidity Im buying in now!

So how much do the VCs get?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We can all understand the value of a BitShares X clone that avoids ALL controversial marketing, cuts itself off from economical talk and bills itself as a joke.

What you don't seem to grasp is the value of BitShares X that accepts the controversy, speaks economically and takes itself as seriously as it deserves.

If you did understand this you'd be buying instead of waiting for a crash, and you'd figure out a way to make money out of this knowledge instead of wasting your time.

Offline Theo

• View Profile
First off, this is not a tribal rant

Ahh the "this is not..." before you start talking
Shows a lot that you need to say that.

Offline Theo

• View Profile
First off, this is not a tribal rant--it is to explain seemingly simple concepts to someone who would rather impishly troll than accept facts.  BM is among the most skilled developers in this space.  He is...well, definitely a better person to listen to than, say, you.  Who are you again?
Again, I said that I am not talking about the tech. BitsharesX has great developers, have I claimed otherwise? No, simply asking any questions gets deemed as a "troll". Thanks a lot, so is this some kind of show off your CV in order to back up your argument piss fest? Im not asking questions about development, so there is no need to keep bringing it up.

Secondly, ANY asset put up on any exchange is either an Open Joke (and thus not an asset) or by its very name IMPLIED to be backed by value in some form.  Otherwise stop calling them assets.  As far as these "Asset" exchanges all go though, they all seem to imply their exchange has something of value there...otherwise who would go on to sell one shitcoin for another shitcoin backed by only jokes? 
YES exactly, a coin backed by jokes, jokes are of value that is the point.

As far as "all crypto"....there is not a single "coin" out there to which your (incorrect) argument doesn't apply.  The only reason Bitcoin is at present exchangeable for goods and services is people gave it value by accepting it for goods and services.
uhhh, what is "my" argument then? Yes I agree with you, that is why bitcoin has value. Bitcoin does not claim to be backed by anything, bitUSD doesnt claim that either, but it is not written very big, it could be deemed "selling dumb people on the dream". Im sure you will bring up something about development now.

As far as these crazy comments about "bitcoin killer"...there are people on every forum saying this stuff.  Get over yourself.  Bitcoin will likely be around for a long long time.  I bought bitshares with ...can you guess it?  Bitcoin! 
Yes, those are comments, except your own ft. knox is an offical slogan. The comments show the get rich modivation, nothing to do with "evolution" or "technology", again the us vs. them is strong here. On every forum? But but but... it is suppost to be so different here..."evolution"

As far as China and them "ceasing to buy"...good luck on that one bud.   Do you slam a couple pints before you come on here? 
If you have not noticed , I joke sometimes, oh yea the VC is from china, then yea they will hold that shit up for sure. ;D
Did you slam a few pints and think that the current price is sustainable?  ;) :D ;D

Again, What is the VC cut? Does bitcoin have VC backing? Doge with VC backing? This is in fact different.
Is the VC contract about profit sharing transparent in the block chain?

Offline fuzzy

"its backed by the network and security model, dummy"?

Why do I have the urge to say "read".

"sure to sound really serious as we would not want to sell to any dumb people and trick them into thinking something has legitimate value and may be backed by something by giving it a name like  USD, or GOLD. "

I agree with you, however the difference is doge or bitcoin do not have names like bitUSD, bitGOLD. That is fine if you want to play with dervitives, just make sure to sell it as a really safe and secure system, yep it is transparent,doesnt mean that it wont collapse opon itself. The base risk is there, but nobody wants to talk about it. Bitcoin, Dogecoin ect, do not have a VC company behind it, bitsharesX does, how do they get profit out of this?
 So this whole
hese are the VERY same arguments people have had with all of crypto
all crypto = all crypto does not hold up. I know that there are not physical assets backing doge or bitcoin, there is also no attempt to create assets that have names of physical assets or nation state fiat without having these assets or fiat in hand.

As you notice I am very much talking about how it is marketed and not the technology, take a look.
  Kind of like a really well branded, packaged and polished turd.  And everyone is waving their polished turds, shouting around to each other "omg man, this candy bar is so good!"
This is exactly the same here, see marketing.
the crypto-masters' legitimate attempt at true evolution in markets
There it is "crypto-masters"
The adversal tribe metality of us vs. them is strong here, sounds like a great evolution.
The
crypto-masters
looking down to the sheep and herding them in keep repeating the mantras"your own ft.knox" just picture it.
"get rich" "bitcoin killer" "altcoin killer" "this will rise like bitcoin from 0.01 to 1000$"

I am very suprised so much has been written about a little joke that I thought of. Please continue.

When china stops buying and BitsharesX crashes, I might pick some up, hell I even have some protoshares.

First off, this is not a tribal rant--it is to explain seemingly simple concepts to someone who would rather impishly troll than accept facts.  BM is among the most skilled developers in this space.  He is...well, definitely a better person to listen to than, say, you.  Who are you again?

Secondly, ANY asset put up on any exchange is either an Open Joke (and thus not an asset) or by its very name IMPLIED to be backed by value in some form.  Otherwise stop calling them assets.  As far as these "Asset" exchanges all go though, they all seem to imply their exchange has something of value there...otherwise who would go on to sell one shitcoin for another shitcoin backed by only jokes? 

As far as "all crypto"....there is not a single "coin" out there to which your (incorrect) argument doesn't apply.  The only reason Bitcoin is at present exchangeable for goods and services is people gave it value by accepting it for goods and services. 

As far as these crazy comments about "bitcoin killer"...there are people on every forum saying this stuff.  Get over yourself.  Bitcoin will likely be around for a long long time.  I bought bitshares with ...can you guess it?  Bitcoin! 

As far as China and them "ceasing to buy"...good luck on that one bud.   Do you slam a couple pints before you come on here? 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Theo

• View Profile
"its backed by the network and security model, dummy"?

Why do I have the urge to say "read".

"sure to sound really serious as we would not want to sell to any dumb people and trick them into thinking something has legitimate value and may be backed by something by giving it a name like  USD, or GOLD. "

I agree with you, however the difference is doge or bitcoin do not have names like bitUSD, bitGOLD. That is fine if you want to play with dervitives, just make sure to sell it as a really safe and secure system, yep it is transparent,doesnt mean that it wont collapse opon itself. The base risk is there, but nobody wants to talk about it. Bitcoin, Dogecoin ect, do not have a VC company behind it, bitsharesX does, how do they get profit out of this?
 So this whole
hese are the VERY same arguments people have had with all of crypto
all crypto = all crypto does not hold up. I know that there are not physical assets backing doge or bitcoin, there is also no attempt to create assets that have names of physical assets or nation state fiat without having these assets or fiat in hand.

As you notice I am very much talking about how it is marketed and not the technology, take a look.
  Kind of like a really well branded, packaged and polished turd.  And everyone is waving their polished turds, shouting around to each other "omg man, this candy bar is so good!"
This is exactly the same here, see marketing.
the crypto-masters' legitimate attempt at true evolution in markets
There it is "crypto-masters"
The adversal tribe metality of us vs. them is strong here, sounds like a great evolution.
The
crypto-masters
looking down to the sheep and herding them in keep repeating the mantras"your own ft.knox" just picture it.
"get rich" "bitcoin killer" "altcoin killer" "this will rise like bitcoin from 0.01 to 1000$"

I am very suprised so much has been written about a little joke that I thought of. Please continue.

When china stops buying and BitsharesX crashes, I might pick some up, hell I even have some protoshares.

Offline fuzzy

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Except that it is not an imitation

BitsharesX "Your own Ft. Knox" great we know the transparency of what is stored inside there, but it sounds really safe,stable and without much risk, Great Marketing!  At Ft. Knox nation states are free to look -through- the bars at their bars, but cant touch their bars............... interesting, well at least the bars are transparent as you can look though them.

BotsharesX is Your own atomic bomb, Your own AK-47, Your own Potato Chips
Cental organization of delagates also known as the COD

Since there are no phsyical assets backing any of the Botshares up then just give it a name and assign a value, make sure to sound really serious as we would not want to sell to any dumb people and trick them into thinking something has legitimate value and may be backed by something by giving it a name like  USD, or GOLD.

Everyday holders of BotsharesX get dividends of random assets that the COD has decided to distribute, the COD has checked that they are "legit" assets by making sure their bankroll large enough since that is the main factor in detecting fraud.

is better than selling dumb people on the dream that an altcoin will have a legitimate value.

Yea lets leave expensive PR companies to that.

But how much do the VC investors get?

Why do I have this strong urge to say "its backed by the network and security model, dummy"?  These are the VERY same arguments people have had with all of crypto so if that is the reason for saying btsx is a scam or whatever youd call it, based on that reasoning...I hope you dont hold any crypto.

First off, all value is psychologically based.  Doge holders should know this best.  Bitcoin holders should know this first.  Secondly, this system gains value from the unadulterated truths of mathematics.  Mechanisms can be attempted/used to ascertain value of assets based on truly transparent and free markets back btsx. 

A toolkit that can be used to build entire industries in one altcoin ecosystem.  Sure Doge can merged-mine with litecoin, do a little circle wank, spice it up with some 3-15 minute transaction times and build an ecosystem off of counterparty.  Name it dogeparty and issue "assets" that make fun of the crypto-masters' legitimate attempt at true evolution in markets.  Please read up on the basics of crypto.  I hold DOGE, but only because of the dog and its gateway to the average citizens' minds for crypto conceptualization.  Kind of like a really well branded, packaged and polished turd.  And everyone is waving their polished turds, shouting around to each other "omg man, this candy bar is so good!"

I'm sitting here with my bitshares, drinking Grey Goose and watching the show.  8)
//end
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:21:09 am by theFuzz »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Theo

• View Profile
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Except that it is not an imitation

BitsharesX "Your own Ft. Knox" great we know the transparency of what is stored inside there, but it sounds really safe,stable and without much risk, Great Marketing!  At Ft. Knox nation states are free to look -through- the bars at their bars, but cant touch their bars............... interesting, well at least the bars are transparent as you can look though them.

BotsharesX is Your own atomic bomb, Your own AK-47, Your own Potato Chips
Cental organization of delagates also known as the COD

Since there are no phsyical assets backing any of the Botshares up then just give it a name and assign a value, make sure to sound really serious as we would not want to sell to any dumb people and trick them into thinking something has legitimate value and may be backed by something by giving it a name like  USD, or GOLD.

Everyday holders of BotsharesX get dividends of random assets that the COD has decided to distribute, the COD has checked that they are "legit" assets by making sure their bankroll large enough since that is the main factor in detecting fraud.

is better than selling dumb people on the dream that an altcoin will have a legitimate value.

Yea lets leave expensive PR companies to that.

But how much do the VC investors get?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I actually thought about doing this.  The market pegging could be used to have all manner of silly assets and draw in a younger crowd.  Get them comfortable with the mechanics of BTSX and DPOS etc.  It is a joke, but doge was a joke, and a joke is better than selling dumb people on the dream that an altcoin will have a legitimate value.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline yellowecho

Bitcoin has a sea of alts so I expect Bitshares to as well. 

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."   8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Yo - DBTisQBNv2M5gQC6sq6L8Tadk9DYrrsNZM
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Theo

• View Profile
Its not a clone, it is an ATOMIC WEAPON in the crypto "arms race" get in NOW!

if you want some post your dogeparty address here

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Except there will be no FIAT

http://dogepartytalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47

+5% +5% +5% WINNER WINNER Chicken Dinner.   (I say this because this is what hedge fund traders and floor traders say on the NYSE when they win.

Why am I saying this.

why does it have to be just bitUSD, why cant it be bitPotato and be geographically targetted.

Haha, where'd you come from, eagleye? You remind me of that old MemoryCoin guy "tomorrow." Are you tomorrow?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Except there will be no FIAT

http://dogepartytalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47

+5% +5% +5% WINNER WINNER Chicken Dinner.   (I say this because this is what hedge fund traders and floor traders say on the NYSE when they win.

Why am I saying this.

why does it have to be just bitUSD, why cant it be bitPotato and be geographically targetted.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game