Author Topic: How to start the market of bitUSD please read *EVERYONE*  (Read 16117 times)

Offline GaltReport

Have you seen the market?
Everybody is trying to short, what we need now is for the BitUSD up to the median feed to be bought up so both buyers and sellers see $1 per BitUSD

Perhaps we need to have the +5% interest feature implemented before anybody will want to hold BitUSD.

I don't think it's a lack of desire to hold bitUSD. It's a lack of ability to buy shorts. See my post a few up with the big picture.

I agree.  I have tried unsuccessfully to do this.

Offline Riverhead

Everybody is trying to short, what we need now is for the BitUSD up to the median feed to be bought up so both buyers and sellers see $1 per BitUSD

Perhaps we need to have the +5% interest feature implemented before anybody will want to hold BitUSD.

I don't think it's a lack of desire to hold bitUSD. It's a lack of ability to buy shorts. See my post a few up with the big picture.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Or simply have a little box in the client that says "bitUSD is only 80 cents! buy buy buy!"
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

hmmm.... but why are they shorting the bitUSD (or USD/US Dollars)?  The US Dollar is strong, the economy will not collapse, we have low deficit spending on the federal level.  Is it because they do not believe the peg will hold?

Because they think BTSX will rise relative to USD.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

hmmm.... but why are they shorting the bitUSD (or USD/US Dollars)?  The US Dollar is strong, the economy will not collapse, we have low deficit spending on the federal level.  Is it because they do not believe the peg will hold?

They believe BTSX will rise relative to bitUSD. bitUSD will continue to track $1 USD.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Update: the orders don't seem to be matching up.  Shouldn't my ask satisfy the top short?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:54:11 pm by Riverhead »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We need people to put just $1 dollar or LESS Put just 5 cents up of bitUSD short and long.

If enough people do this and keep it up, its an illusion that will become real.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
you can all start becoming market makers by buying any undervalued bitusd you can find...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We all need to become market makers?  How?

Keep a $1 dollar short open on bitUSD.  If you dont know how to do this, post screenshots of where you are having problems. 

If everyone does it, it shows that there is an appearance of markets, for us to get market makers.

We will need them to develop software for the market maker companies or convince them there is a market there. 

But this is a step by step process.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:32:24 pm by eagleeye »