Author Topic: How to start the market of bitUSD please read *EVERYONE*  (Read 16120 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Have you seen the market?
Everybody is trying to short, what we need now is for the BitUSD up to the median feed to be bought up so both buyers and sellers see $1 per BitUSD

Perhaps we need to have the +5% interest feature implemented before anybody will want to hold BitUSD.

I don't think it's a lack of desire to hold bitUSD. It's a lack of ability to buy shorts. See my post a few up with the big picture.

I agree.  I have tried unsuccessfully to do this.

Many of the shorts are below the median price feed, so because of the recent code change, they are not active even though they show up on the order list. You have to scroll down in the Sell orders box and look for Ask orders. The lowest Ask is at 33.8983; if you bid into that order, your order will fill.

So how does one know what the median price feed is in order to bid intelligently?

That's frustrating the hell out of me too. I've just been prodding with $1 orders to look and see if I match any shorts.

I think I read somewhere that the next version of the GUI will have things like the median feed.

Is there any expected timeframe for the next edition or will they do it as it gets closer or are they trying to keep us formless as they understand this is business or a war.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I for one stopped buying/shorting in the market once it seemed like I was placing orders that were not filled and that either there was a bug or I didn't understand what prices I could enter and get filled.

Sir GaltReport.  Will you please post a screenshot here or message me on this forum with what you are looking at?  You can ask me why I cant do this and I will tell you.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
median was not a good solution.

would be better to just let the market do what he will do. in the first 2-3 days it was really fun to me. maybe not much money made, but i had fun - a lot! But now? It is only frustrating and annoying. I don't see the point how we can achieve with a tradingvolume near zero something?

i would prefer if we could throw the median away and just wait. why change the rules immediatly? it was to early to do this. hope bytemaster will reconsider.

I like median, because now we have the closest peg we've seen since BTSX launched. What we need is a GUI that doesn't show a bunch of invalid short orders. It's extremely confusing at the moment.

+5%
How do we know which orders are invalid?

Offline GaltReport

would be better to just let the market do what he will do. in the first 2-3 days it was really fun to me. maybe not much money made, but i had fun - a lot! But now? It is only frustrating and annoying. I don't see the point how we can achieve with a tradingvolume near zero something?

i would prefer if we could throw the median away and just wait. why change the rules immediatly? it was to early to do this. hope bytemaster will reconsider.

I like median, because now we have the closest peg we've seen since BTSX launched. What we need is a GUI that doesn't show a bunch of invalid short orders. It's extremely confusing at the moment.

+5%

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
their is money to be had if people short  look in the 33-35 btsx/bitUSD range their a a few orders for a couple of g's.

I do agree though the market is dead now. Not sure if we need more incentive to make bitUSD have more value(interest?) or a better matching system. I think it's the matching system.
In the picture below the buy is willing to pay 31.55 btsx per bitUSD and the seller is only wanting 28.5715 btsx per bitUSD.......Someone tell me I am reading this wrong so I will feel better :'(

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
you can all start becoming market makers by buying any undervalued bitusd you can find...

My thinking is this: I don't want to convert my BTSX into BitUSD because I expect BTSX to go up in value.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Everybody is trying to short, what we need now is for the BitUSD up to the median feed to be bought up so both buyers and sellers see $1 per BitUSD

Perhaps we need to have the +5% interest feature implemented before anybody will want to hold BitUSD.

I don't think it's a lack of desire to hold bitUSD. It's a lack of ability to buy shorts. See my post a few up with the big picture.

Many of the shorts are below the median price feed, so because of the recent code change, they are not active even though they show up on the order list. You have to scroll down in the Sell orders box and look for Ask orders. The lowest Ask is at 33.8983; if you bid into that order, your order will fill.

So how does one know what the median price feed is in order to bid intelligently?

That's frustrating the hell out of me too. I've just been prodding with $1 orders to look and see if I match any shorts.

I think I read somewhere that the next version of the GUI will have things like the median feed.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline GaltReport

I for one stopped buying/shorting in the market once it seemed like I was placing orders that were not filled and that either there was a bug or I didn't understand what prices I could enter and get filled.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

If its a lack of ability to buy shorts then why is the price so low?  Also if there is no orders to buy bitUSD?  Has someone moved the price down far enough by initiating many short orders with no fills and then filling them at a lower price that people have lost confidence.

+5% Maybe Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? 

What do you guys think about what I said?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Or simply have a little box in the client that says "bitUSD is only 80 cents! buy buy buy!"

Good idea, where should the box be on the page?  Give us a screenshot of bitsharesx platform with what your looking at with where you think it should be.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

5% interest feature is to much it may not work that high, we must not fail!  We only need 0.25% - 2%.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website