Author Topic: Little question about the creation of BitAssets  (Read 1076 times)

Offline bytemaster

In initial version without feeds, when the first BitUSD was created, how does the amount collaterized in BTSX was calculated?

I mean the blockchain shouldn't have the information of the value of 1 USD relative to BTSX so how does the blockchain know the amount needed to be collateralized?

Feeds were used to start the asset then it switched to moving average.   Feeds never set the collateral requirements, they just limit the price at which shorts can execute.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
In initial version without feeds, when the first BitUSD was created, how does the amount collaterized in BTSX was calculated?

I mean the blockchain shouldn't have the information of the value of 1 USD relative to BTSX so how does the blockchain know the amount needed to be collateralized?