Author Topic: recover transaction  (Read 13353 times)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
1.I will shoot my highly uneducated guess here. So be advised!!! It is coming from a non-techy person!!!

run the command without the account name i.e.

wallet_regenerate_keys 1000

instead of

wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000

2.If this does not work, alt is saying that in some versions the client can loose the main account key (never happened to me so I do not know if it is true or not)
Find the oldest backup (json) that you have and run wallet_regenerate_keys  with it.

Okay, thanks tonyk for the try!
1. didn't work, error message
For 2. - do you mean i should replace the current "wallets" folder in Roaming/Bitshares/ with an most old backed-up "wallets" folder and then run wallet_regenerate_keys kisa0145 1000 ?
1.I do not get error when I run the command in 0.4.14.... weird.

2.No just make a backup (File-->Export wallet; in the top-right corner of the GUI) and then import the oldest backup using the same menu... File--> Import wallet

okay, now tried importing old backup... still neither bitUSD balance is showing, nor any shorts, nor any live orders...
for every ask and short order I tried on September 8th, I see BTSX outflow -> UNKNOWN...
wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000 returned "999" and completed, but no resolution to the issues.
would it help devs to investigate particular problematic transactions IDs?
#b29df527
#9b771d45
#3bcea812
#fec7cc45
#f39e8978
#44f1cb99
#86bbd08d
#d37cf834
#b6e4dbd1
#7b893f41

on September 8th I bought 1000 bitUSD, left an order to sell 500 bitUSD, and to my recollection also orders to short 500 bitUSD, to buy 1 bitBTC, and to short 1 bitBTC... then i had windows crash and had to use backup wallet from 0.4.8...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
1.I will shoot my highly uneducated guess here. So be advised!!! It is coming from a non-techy person!!!

instead of

2.If this does not work, alt is saying that in some versions the client can loose the main account key (never happened to me so I do not know if it is true or not)
Find the oldest backup (json) that you have and run wallet_regenerate_keys  with it.

For 2. - do you mean i should replace the current "wallets" folder in Roaming/Bitshares/ with an most old backed-up "wallets" folder and then run wallet_regenerate_keys kisa0145 1000 ?
1.I do not get error when I run the command in 0.4.14.... weird.

2.No just make a backup (File-->Export wallet; in the top-right corner of the GUI) and then import the oldest backup using the same menu... File--> Import wallet
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kisa

• View Profile

instead of

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:29:35 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

instead of

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Just used this to fix transaction labeled "Unknown" and recovered my missing bitusd
It works - thanks!

I have many UNKNOWN as well.
When I use wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000
it returns 0

I assume that means it wasn't able to produce any keys.
I've been unable to resolve most of these "unknown" / missing balance issues

thanks for coming back, gamey! still, after following RecoveringFunds Wiki as far as my technical understanding permits, have the same issue as Xeldal here...

Xeldal

Just used this to fix transaction labeled "Unknown" and recovered my missing bitusd
It works - thanks!

I have many UNKNOWN as well.
When I use wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000
it returns 0

I assume that means it wasn't able to produce any keys.
I've been unable to resolve most of these "unknown" / missing balance issues

Offline gamey

• View Profile
hello xeroc, guys - i had issues today so had to run windows 7 system recovery. my last wallet backup was old, unfortunately (0.4.8 i believe.)

when i installed and run 0.4.12 with the backup wallet, resynced, and then discovered that all my bitUSD and bitBTC orders and transactions of today are showing BTSX outflows to UNKNOWN, so my total BTSX balance is lower than it should be and 1K bitUSD I bought today also missing.

as i understood from this thread, I input wallet_regenerate_keys kisa0145 1000 into console, saw "999" next line, and had 50%  transactions scan complete within 30 minutes (however without any improvements to the balances or record)... then the progress stopped. i tried the same command once again, then restarted bitsharesX and tried a few times more, but now always seeing "0" as output in the next line and no % scan showing.

am i trying the right command? what should i then do to rescan transactions and correct balances?

i would be grateful for a possibly "low-tech" answer! :)
kisa

now installed 0.4.14 version and rescanned blockcain,, still showing BTSX outflows to UNKNOWN for each of my previous orders, while no open orders are shown. and bitUSD balance is also missing. please can someone comment how I should attempt to resolve? thx

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

(Not sure if this will pertain, but if not perhaps we can fix it when we do find the proper solution for you ?)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
hello xeroc, guys - i had issues today so had to run windows 7 system recovery. my last wallet backup was old, unfortunately (0.4.8 i believe.)

when i installed and run 0.4.12 with the backup wallet, resynced, and then discovered that all my bitUSD and bitBTC orders and transactions of today are showing BTSX outflows to UNKNOWN, so my total BTSX balance is lower than it should be and 1K bitUSD I bought today also missing.

as i understood from this thread, I input wallet_regenerate_keys kisa0145 1000 into console, saw "999" next line, and had 50%  transactions scan complete within 30 minutes (however without any improvements to the balances or record)... then the progress stopped. i tried the same command once again, then restarted bitsharesX and tried a few times more, but now always seeing "0" as output in the next line and no % scan showing.

am i trying the right command? what should i then do to rescan transactions and correct balances?

kisa

now installed 0.4.14 version and rescanned blockcain,, still showing BTSX outflows to UNKNOWN for each of my previous orders, while no open orders are shown. and bitUSD balance is also missing. please can someone comment how I should attempt to resolve? thx

Offline mortman

• View Profile
It works - thanks!

Offline Cryptomaniac

• View Profile
Thanks,Bytemaster.It means the coins in Bittrex?
the transfer bittrex initiated didn't went through to the blockchain .. so they still own your btsx .. contact bittrex
Thank you so much,Xeroc.
I just rephrase BM's reply :)
Thank goodness! Bittrex admitted his error:"Sorry for the confusion, i misread your original ticket.

I've credited your account for the amount; please feel free to resubmit the withdrawal".

Thanks guys!!!  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:21:49 am by Cryptomaniac »
Never give up! Never!!!

Offline kisa

• View Profile

kisa
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:59:04 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline Cryptomaniac

• View Profile
For your care :)
Never give up! Never!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the transfer bittrex initiated didn't went through to the blockchain .. so they still own your btsx .. contact bittrex
Thank you so much,Xeroc.
I just rephrase BM's reply :)

Offline Cryptomaniac

• View Profile
Thank you so much,Xeroc.
Never give up! Never!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc