Author Topic: Delegates can now Publish their Version  (Read 7903 times)

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Sorry, somehow missed this thread, I have version number published now. Please vote me back. thanks!

Offline vikram

Offline 当年很厉害

• View Profile
x1.sun
x2.sun

updated to 0.4.12
BTS粉里有SB!

Offline pan

• i am sfinder
    • View Profile

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
coolspeed
delegate.coolspeed
dac.coolspeed

updated to 0.4.12.  Version published.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline svk

The site is flagging 0.4.10, 0.4.11 and 0.4.11-RC in green atm, everything else is in red. I'll improve the logic later today.

Everything but 0.4.12 should be red at the moment.
Done!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

The site is flagging 0.4.10, 0.4.11 and 0.4.11-RC in green atm, everything else is in red. I'll improve the logic later today.

Everything but 0.4.12 should be red at the moment.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Ok cool no rush.  It was less of a complaint about the site and more just prompted me to wonder if there was standard that was supposed to be followed in case the devs were going to use it somehow for tracking version adoption or for some other purpose.

Thanks.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline dcchong

• View Profile
dc-delegate
bitsharesx-delegate

updated!
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hmm I updated my version registered as "0.4.11-RC2x64" but it highlights the field as red.  I assume this isn't a big issue overall and you likely just coded it to look for a few set strings but is it frowned upon to list the version as verbose as that?  Maybe I should change it to just "0.4.11"?  Not sure what the best practice is here or if there is one established.  Updated client seems to be running smooth though.

you need to add the version field to your delegate BY HAND!
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_update_registration <account_name> <pay_from_account> { "version":"0.4.11" } [delegate_pay_rate]
The blockchain does not know what version your run. you need to tell using the 'data' field of your account.
Ah sorry I didn't explain very well, within my client I see my version info just fine.  It's just when viewing my delegate on bitshatesblocks.com that the version field is highlighted red.  I'm almost certain that svk just uses some simple logic and turns the field green if it detects the "data" field for "version" as "0.4.10" or "0.4.11" as I see other version entries of "latest" or "0.4.11-RC2" shown in Red as well.  I just wasn't sure if when manually updating our client with the version if there was a standard that we were supposed to follow that I missed.  As a user defined field I doubt anything in the client uses it other than just for display so I'm probably just nit-picking.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hmm I updated my version registered as "0.4.11-RC2x64" but it highlights the field as red.  I assume this isn't a big issue overall and you likely just coded it to look for a few set strings but is it frowned upon to list the version as verbose as that?  Maybe I should change it to just "0.4.11"?  Not sure what the best practice is here or if there is one established.  Updated client seems to be running smooth though.

you need to add the version field to your delegate BY HAND!
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_update_registration <account_name> <pay_from_account> { "version":"0.4.11" } [delegate_pay_rate]
The blockchain does not know what version your run. you need to tell using the 'data' field of your account.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Updated. I've also added the version information to the delegates overview on my site, that way you can get a quick visual overview :)

http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates

Offline king

• View Profile
sun.delegate.service
moon.delegate.service

updrage : {version:0.4.10}
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service