Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251508 times)

Offline dawsy123

• View Profile
Hello

Sorry to be a pain, but this is the stupid question thread!

Ive been away from these forums since about August 2014.

I received an initial allocation of BTS x from AGS donations via PTS and BTC. 

From what I can gather AGS has been wound up and BTS X has been diluted in forming BTS  ????

So if I have it correct, the AGS wind up should result in me owning more BTS, - is this correct ?

Ive tried to import my BTC private key and typed in "wallet_collect_genesis_balances" but my balances havent changed.

Can someone please point me to the instructions that i need to follow ?

Cheers
steve

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is there a RPC call to determine if the wallet is unlocked? Or shall I try to execute a transaction and then catch the exception, unlock and try again?

Edit: Ar I see its in the getinfo. Awesome.
Its a field in the results of "getinfo"

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Is there a RPC call to determine if the wallet is unlocked? Or shall I try to execute a transaction and then catch the exception, unlock and try again?

Edit: Ar I see its in the getinfo. Awesome.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:25:55 pm by speedy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
My computer broke months ago and now i have a new one. I downloaded the new wallet and tried to import wallet but it says my password is wrong can I import using my private key somehow?
known issue .. maybe you install a older version first .. import the backup .. and then upgrade to a newer version ..
nothing is lost

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile
My computer broke months ago and now i have a new one. I downloaded the new wallet and tried to import wallet but it says my password is wrong can I import using my private key somehow?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Is there any deadline to import my PTS key?
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can the QT wallet also accept RPC calls like the command line client can? I find if I switch between the two it was causing a resync, so I would rather stick to the GUI.

Edit: nm I see it lets you connect as "randomuser" with a random password. Thats fine.
I opend a github issue and asked to have the random user and password exposed in the advanced tab somewhere

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Can the QT wallet also accept RPC calls like the command line client can? I find if I switch between the two it was causing a resync, so I would rather stick to the GUI.

Edit: nm I see it lets you connect as "randomuser" with a random password. Thats fine.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:58:13 pm by speedy »

iHashFury

Is it safe to clean exceptions and  logs folders to free up space while the bitshares_client is running?
I actually tried that recently .. the client did not crash .. though I got an error when running debug_* commands ..
I'd recommend to close down the client, then delete the exceptions folder and then restart the client

Will make cleaning these folders part of my delegate upgrade process
Thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is it safe to clean exceptions and  logs folders to free up space while the bitshares_client is running?
I actually tried that recently .. the client did not crash .. though I got an error when running debug_* commands ..
I'd recommend to close down the client, then delete the exceptions folder and then restart the client

iHashFury

Tuck Fheman

Edit : Ok, I went back to the newbie thread and confirmed. Wow, how did I never hear about this?!
Yhea .. that's why the market cap of BTS is so low .. people still "don't get it"(tm) ..
reminds me of early bitcoin days in 2009 and 2010 :)

I was probably oversaturated with BTS marketing and missed that part ...  oh wait.
 ;D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
All this time I thought only bitUSD did. Do all of the bitAssets do this?
yes .. all of them do .. but at a different rate
you can find the yield per asset over here: http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/market
bitSilver pays more than 3% atm

Edit : Ok, I went back to the newbie thread and confirmed. Wow, how did I never hear about this?!
Yhea .. that's why the market cap of BTS is so low .. people still "don't get it"(tm) ..
reminds me of early bitcoin days in 2009 and 2010 :)

Tuck Fheman

Earn a yield while staying exposed to BTC price.

whoa now, bitBTC pays interest?  :o 

All this time I thought only bitUSD did. Do all of the bitAssets do this?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:39:21 am by Tuck Fheman »