Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251369 times)

Offline meeperson

• View Profile
Why does it say "Not connected" in the bottom corner? I'm probably being really dumb, can someone please help me? Thanks!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Current BTSX Buy Price : 0.00010887 BTC ? Where is that based off of?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
On the chart "Volume BitUSD" what is the "Price Feed" ? When it's sitting between the buy bitUSD and sell bitUSD does that mean it's at the price it should be when it's sitting in the sell bitUSD does that mean that bitUSD is currently trading under what it should?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Yes arbitrage opportunities don't exist much anymore...In the first days of Bitusd I managed to sell my last bitcoin for $600 bitusd...Those days are gone now...

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Arbitrage for Dummies

BitSharesX: BTSX is being sold at 0.21CNY/BTSX
BTER.com: BTSX is being sold at 0.195CNY/BTSX
BTER.com: bitCNY is trading at about a 2.5% discount.

Bot Algorithm:

- Buy bitCNY on BitSharesX below the peg 0.21CNY/BTSX
- Transfer it to BTER.com and trade it for CNY
- Trade CNY for BTSX at 0.195 CNY/BTSX
- Transfer BTSX back to BitSharesX
- Rinse and repeat.

With Feeling Numbers:

- Trade 100 @ .21 CNY/BTSX = 21 bitCNY
- Transfer 21 bitCNY to BTER
- Trade 21 @ 0.975 bitCNY/CNY = 20.475 CNY
- Buy 105 @ .195 CNY/BTSX
- Transfer 105 BTSX back to BitSharesX
- Rinse and Repeat

I get the feeling BM has been telling us to do this for months. Anyway, aside from all the fees between the steps, which would be less than 5 BTSX, this seems reasonable? Since everything would be done by a bot even 0.01% profitability would be good. Even breaking even would be fine if it'd provide some Market X-Laxtm

I've been manually watching for these types of arbitrage opportunities since BitUSD launched, and it's been a long time since I've seen one, and that's mostly because CNY/BitCNY is quite illiquid on Bter. When BitUSD was new, I completed quite a few manual arbitrage trades with Bter, taking advantage of the fact that you got a 1% bonus for depositing BTSX. Quite nice.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

Arbitrage for Dummies

BitSharesX: BTSX is being sold at 0.21CNY/BTSX
BTER.com: BTSX is being sold at 0.195CNY/BTSX
BTER.com: bitCNY is trading at about a 2.5% discount.

Bot Algorithm:

- Buy bitCNY on BitSharesX below the peg 0.21CNY/BTSX
- Transfer it to BTER.com and trade it for CNY
- Trade CNY for BTSX at 0.195 CNY/BTSX
- Transfer BTSX back to BitSharesX
- Rinse and repeat.

With Feeling Numbers:

- Trade 100 @ .21 CNY/BTSX = 21 bitCNY
- Transfer 21 bitCNY to BTER
- Trade 21 @ 0.975 bitCNY/CNY = 20.475 CNY
- Buy 105 @ .195 CNY/BTSX
- Transfer 105 BTSX back to BitSharesX
- Rinse and Repeat

I get the feeling BM has been telling us to do this for months. Anyway, aside from all the fees between the steps, which would be less than 5 BTSX, this seems reasonable? Since everything would be done by a bot even 0.01% profitability would be good. Even breaking even would be fine if it'd provide some Market X-Laxtm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:51:38 pm by Riverhead »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My assets balances are 0, and market transactions appear as  UNKNOWN in Recent Transactions page(for tx since september 11). To be fair, it happened in 0.4.18 but i hoped this version will fix it. It was just a very small amount for testing purposes. But still, how do i fix this?

wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000
rescan

now should work MUCH better .. give it a try

Offline Overthetop

Would it be ok to keep the initial BTSX shares in AGS account for a long time ?
all accounts is equal .. the only difference for AGS accounts is that they are publicly known (just the addresses and balances)
and that unmoved AGS stake adds to the "unclaimed genesis stake" ..

but nothing prevents you from hodling!

Thanks

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Yield question: BM recently quoted 1.5% yield on BitUSD. Did he get that number by computing (collected_fees) / (current_share_supply) ?

If so, then BitCNY is paying about twice that and BitGLD is "paying" over 18%. Obviously the bitGLD number will change once the "assert exception" bug is fixed, but that's an awfully nice yield on gold. :)
let me hightlight two lines out of the GLD market status:
  "precision": 1000000,
  "current_share_supply": 70397,
There just is no liquidity in GLD yet ..

The issue of the yield .. if have no clue .. but I guess something in that . or maybe he collected blockchain data and estimated according to the already paid yields .. something like that ..

Haha, I know GLD is crazy immature right now due to the market bugs. But I bet I'm right about the yield computation (other than gold), just due to bits and pieces of how BM has explained it. I'm gonna go do some digging...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm back to answer my own question: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8520.msg110779.msg#110779

So I was right, total fees are divided by total supply and then that percentage is paid out linearly over the following year.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Yield question: BM recently quoted 1.5% yield on BitUSD. Did he get that number by computing (collected_fees) / (current_share_supply) ?

If so, then BitCNY is paying about twice that and BitGLD is "paying" over 18%. Obviously the bitGLD number will change once the "assert exception" bug is fixed, but that's an awfully nice yield on gold. :)

The issue of the yield .. if have no clue .. but I guess something in that . or maybe he collected blockchain data and estimated according to the already paid yields .. something like that ..

Haha, I know GLD is crazy immature right now due to the market bugs. But I bet I'm right about the yield computation (other than gold), just due to bits and pieces of how BM has explained it. I'm gonna go do some digging...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Depends on how long I guess. AFAIK there's an inactivity fee of 5% (?) if your shares stay unmoved for more than 1 year (?). http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X#What.E2.80.99s_the_deal_with_DAC_profits_.3F
Sending them to yourself every couple of months is OK.
inactivity fee has been suspended indefinitely! We are just waiting for a "official" announcement from Dacsunlimited

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Depends on how long I guess. AFAIK there's an inactivity fee of 5% (?) if your shares stay unmoved for more than 1 year (?). http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X#What.E2.80.99s_the_deal_with_DAC_profits_.3F
Sending them to yourself every couple of months is OK.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
all accounts is equal .. the only difference for AGS accounts is that they are publicly known (just the addresses and balances)
and that unmoved AGS stake adds to the "unclaimed genesis stake" ..

but nothing prevents you from hodling!