Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251425 times)

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
How many BTSx's should I buy if I have about 100 bitcoins now?

Is there any point to buying PTS/AGS's also? 

Has anyone done the calculations on maximizing investment/purchase of Bitshares with potential future scenarios?

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

What happens if Daniel Larimer dies? -- how open, complete and understandable is the code and the project as a whole?

-- i totally do not wish this, but having this contingency would probably make him never to be a target to any bad-actors...

The Dan dac is under development and will embed my consciousness where it can live for ever

+5%

Haha...  great answer!!!  Thanks... reason I asked is that I remember really loving the bitcoin wiki on contingencies... does Bitshares have such a page?  -- it could also address all the possible results of a 51% attack, your falling in Love and dropping this project for ever, or beaming your DAC self to another galaxy 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A black warning triangle has appeared. "This account is not voting with some of its stake, Consider updating your vote."
I have checked those I wanted to vote for, ? how to correct ? is this important
Check this:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/ApprovalVoting

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
A black warning triangle has appeared. "This account is not voting with some of its stake, Consider updating your vote."
I have checked those I wanted to vote for, ? how to correct ? is this important

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
One quantum transistor capable of representing all possible states at once.

Offline Riverhead

What a morbid discussion - "My money is at stake, please dont die"

More like - "The future of a fair and trust-free global economic system is at stake."

IMHO BitSharesX is MUCH bigger than any profits we make off it. Sure, I'd like to make some money along the way so that I can focus on Crypto full time, but the big picture is epic.

That said most company's do not allow their executives to travel on the same flights. Morbid...but reality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:18:57 pm by Riverhead »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
What a morbid discussion - "My money is at stake, please dont die"

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

What happens if Daniel Larimer dies? -- how open, complete and understandable is the code and the project as a whole?

-- i totally do not wish this, but having this contingency would probably make him never to be a target to any bad-actors...

The Dan dac is under development and will embed my consciousness where it can live for ever

The good news is it only takes one transistor to execute the business logic, so he can be embedded anywhere.

Yeah, that sounds like a good fit.
Too bad you can only measure the state once.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

The good news is it only takes one transistor to execute the business logic, so he can be embedded anywhere.

Yeah, that sounds like a good fit.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Creepy. Cool, but creepy because I think you could do it.

This all reminds me of Daemon and Freedom by Daniel Suarez.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
He actually address this in one of the mumble hangouts himself .. conclusion: the project would lose a major developer and thinker .. but will go on no matter what ..
sources are available for free @ github .. everyone can join "the team"
the repository has roughtly 30 contributors: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/graphs/contributors
and I'd say with more and more DACs coming up and beeing developed the code seems to be rather understandable ;-)

Disclaimer: I am not a coder .. however I managed to get some patches merged into the main tool ;-) yehaa

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile