Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 253436 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What (if any) benefit would a person have converting BTC -> bitBTC?

I see a new site has popped up offering this service, but I'm ignorant as to why a person would want to make this exchange in the first place.

I'm not trying to offend, I simply lack knowledge and wish to make an exchange for some.  My question for your knowledge, straight up 1:1.  ;)

Earn a yield while staying exposed to BTC price.
Ability to change exposure to something else in 10 seconds for pennies.
Staying off centralized exchanges and yet being able to make a move in 10 seconds when you need to.
Send funds to others in 10 seconds not 10 minutes (or 1 hour).

All wrapped up in a simple, risk-on/risk-off dial-a-yield Easy Button.

:)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:14:15 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

What (if any) benefit would a person have converting BTC -> bitBTC?

I see a new site has popped up offering this service, but I'm ignorant as to why a person would want to make this exchange in the first place.

I'm not trying to offend, I simply lack knowledge and wish to make an exchange for some.  My question for your knowledge, straight up 1:1.  ;)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
hey guys stupid question.. on the 4th my standby delegate stopped showing price feeds on bitsharesblocks.com I checked my client and btsfeed script and they are both going.. my client says my last feed update was on the 4th.. why isnt the feed update happening? Ive restarted my vps etc same thing it was working before.

FYI I think it was cause I must have used my balance to pay for wallet feed update fees.. since I was on standby and I was doing about 200 updates per minute it drained my small wallet quickly.. its working now.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
What are the steps to claim the vested funds?

wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name>

I asked the same question the other day. ;)

Do we also need to import our PTS key again if we held during other snapshots such as vote and DNS?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
hey guys stupid question.. on the 4th my standby delegate stopped showing price feeds on bitsharesblocks.com I checked my client and btsfeed script and they are both going.. my client says my last feed update was on the 4th.. why isnt the feed update happening? Ive restarted my vps etc same thing it was working before.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I had previously collected the bts from ags and pts allocation on a previous version by importing my pts and btsx keys. now after i updated to 0.5.3 my balance isn't the same and it doesn't appear I received from the sharedrop like it used to be on the transaction list.

I used the check_sharedrop command and it gives me a list of addresses and their original balances. Then I tried to collect the vested balance but it was only of 2,000 bts when previously i received more from the ags/pts allocation.

Now am I confusing the ags/pts allocation I collected in the past with the vested balance? Are they not the same? Why am I missing bts? I mean I received 2,000 from the vested balance but previously I received around 15 20k from the allocation. Am I missing something? I had near 60k bts and now i only have around 46k. It doesn't make much sense since to collect the vested balance which takes the 2 year period, I already need the priv keys of the address which i used to obtain AGS. I'm really confused

I have backups of my pts address which i used to get ags, the old btsx address (pre-merger) and from the new BitShares (post-merger, where previously I had imported the ags and received the allocation) so I think i don't have much to worry about, however, I'm really confused as to way the ags/vote/dns allocation disappeared.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:16:45 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline graffenwalder

For your AGS you should have received a vested balance in BTS. Import the private keys of your AGS donation into the BTS client and issue the following console command:
Code: [Select]
wallet_check_sharedrop

I did but nothing happens. Console listed my address with these: "original_balance": 912674406 but my balance is the same.
To collect sharedrop
wallet_collect_vested_balances dritz3r
Replace dritz3r with your BTS username if it's not the same.

Side note: I'm currently having some problems collecting my DVS sharedrop, but this should be fixed in an upcoming update.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
For your AGS you should have received a vested balance in BTS. Import the private keys of your AGS donation into the BTS client and issue the following console command:
Code: [Select]
wallet_check_sharedrop

I did but nothing happens. Console listed my address with these: "original_balance": 912674406 but my balance is the same.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bitsharestalk.org strangely doesn't work with Xbox 360's Internet explorer, really annoying as I have no computer for now and have to browse on my phone, bitcointalk and others work fine though which Is odd.
did he say Internet Explorer?! Arg ..

Anyway, for mobile usage I'd like to recommend TapATalk .. it works flawlessly with this forum! Give it a try

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Bitsharestalk.org strangely doesn't work with Xbox 360's Internet explorer, really annoying as I have no computer for now and have to browse on my phone, bitcointalk and others work fine though which Is odd.

Anyway nothing major just thought id mention it somewhere ha
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
So, when there was not enough BTS to pay the fee for the order, the system took the yield from BitGold and used it.  ???
My guess would be the other way round .. it used your bitGOLD to pay the fee and gave you the yield for "moving" the bitGOLD :)

Haha, yes. The yield is actually 10x the fee.  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So, when there was not enough BTS to pay the fee for the order, the system took the yield from BitGold and used it.  ???
My guess would be the other way round .. it used your bitGOLD to pay the fee and gave you the yield for "moving" the bitGOLD :)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
I've found some forgotten BitGold in the wallet, lol.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Made a market order at BitUSD:BTS and got yield in BitGold. Pretty sure it is not supposed to be this way, or is it?

EDIT: for some reason it says "yield" in the memo, when there is not enough BTS or BitAsset to pay the fee and the wallet pays the fee with other available BitAsset. This fee is also displayed in green color which suggests that i received it, but it is actually the opposite.
could you give the devs the transaction id so they can reproduce?

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Made a market order at BitUSD:BTS and got yield in BitGold. Pretty sure it is not supposed to be this way, or is it?

EDIT: for some reason it says "yield" in the memo, when there is not enough BTS or BitAsset to pay the fee and the wallet pays the fee with other available BitAsset. This fee is also displayed in green color which suggests that i received it, but it is actually the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:57:42 am by vlight »