Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251412 times)

chryspano

Is there still a technical support thread (couldnt find it so posting my question here).

Do we still have the 5% penalty fee for leaving your bitshares untouched for 1 year.

1 year is fast approaching and if this rule still applies I would want to claim all my shares and send them to the same account thereby avoiding the fee.

However, Bitshares has bought out AGS and PTS, where those shares need to vest for 2 years in order to get 100% of the shares.

So I have some PTS that I bought before the bitshares snapshot. I left it in the account, which was then awarded with more bitshares (when bitshares bought PTS).

I want to claim the bitshares from the snapshot so as not to loose the 5%. But I dont want to claim the other bitshares which are still vesting.

Similar thing with AGS where I was awarded AGS for bitshares snapshot. I then bought more AGS which was then bought out.

What to do?

There is no 5% penalty

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Is there still a technical support thread (couldnt find it so posting my question here).

Do we still have the 5% penalty fee for leaving your bitshares untouched for 1 year.

1 year is fast approaching and if this rule still applies I would want to claim all my shares and send them to the same account thereby avoiding the fee.

However, Bitshares has bought out AGS and PTS, where those shares need to vest for 2 years in order to get 100% of the shares.

So I have some PTS that I bought before the bitshares snapshot. I left it in the account, which was then awarded with more bitshares (when bitshares bought PTS).

I want to claim the bitshares from the snapshot so as not to loose the 5%. But I dont want to claim the other bitshares which are still vesting.

Similar thing with AGS where I was awarded AGS for bitshares snapshot. I then bought more AGS which was then bought out.

What to do?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Toggling the thumb does not vote immediately. It merely marks your approval of the respective delegate.

The actual voting is tied to transactions. I. e. every time you send BTS, these BTS vote for the delegates that you approve of. You can actively vote for a delegate by giving him a "thumbs up" and then transferring all your BTS to yourself.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline jrb450

• View Profile
So....

Within the Bitshares platform while in the Delegates Tab, is toggling the approval thumb next to the delegate the same thing as casting a vote for the delegate, or am I just saying I "like them" if I do that?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
One more stupid question. If there is no block explorer for Bitshares how do I prove that I made a payment to someone?

I would be interested on knowing this too. Is it through the verify_history command? If you could check non-TITAN transactions on block explorer it would be awesome.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:50:59 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Can anyone start mining Bitshares or do need to be a special delegate?
Anyone can create a delegate and when they're voted in they can generate blocks.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline jrb450

• View Profile
Can anyone start mining Bitshares or do need to be a special delegate?

Offline mint chocolate chip

Why does the area of the client that says "Account Orders History" appear blank for me, when I have successfully made trades?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I think he wants to know how to prove that he made a payment to someone, given that TITAN's stealth addresses arent visible on that explorer. There is a console command to do it, I just dont remember what it is. I bet xeroc knows.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
One more stupid question. If there is no block explorer for Bitshares how do I prove that I made a payment to someone?

There is block explorer for BitShares:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Could some give me a link to where we can get old versions of Bitshares since that is the only way to restore an old wallet? I looked on github but couldn't find it. I need one from fall 2014.

Here

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile
Could some give me a link to where we can get old versions of Bitshares since that is the only way to restore an old wallet? I looked on github but couldn't find it. I need one from fall 2014.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So if I have it correct, the AGS wind up should result in me owning more BTS, - is this correct ?
Yup .. you should received a stake in DNS and VOTE but those two have been merged together with BTSX to form BTS!

Ive tried to import my BTC private key and typed in "wallet_collect_genesis_balances" but my balances havent changed.
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_vesting_balances <accountname>
will give more information. You need to import your AGS keys into your account

Can someone please point me to the instructions that i need to follow ?
We had this in the wiki .. At least that's what I though .. but can't find it atm :(