Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251461 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@hcf27: It shouldn't be your task to fill up the fee pool of obits and you have no benefit from doing so ... i have notified @ccedk to refill the pool ..

If you download the cli-wallet, you don't need to download the blockchain, you can connect to any of the existing full nodes (e.g. wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws)

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27
@konelectric here is the screenshot:

@xeroc I was trying to fill the obits pool. I may have to download the cli wallet, will that help? how big is the blockchain now?

Thanks for all your help guys!

jakub

(1) What is the formula that determines the number of elected witnesses and committee members?

(2) I can vote both for and against a worker proposal. What is the reason I cannot vote against a witness or a committee member?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
oh .. that might be a limitation of the GUI.. haven't thought about it .. @svk, could we have the fill fee pool tool be available for other accounts as well?

@hcf27 what asset do you want to fill the fee pool for? Maybe I can help you out with the console wallet

Offline konelectric

Thanks,

Now I have another stupid question. On bitshares.org it says anyone can contribute to asset´s fee pool, how would a user go about doing this?

For example how could I contribute to the Gold fee pool? or the USD fee pool for instance

Since you are not the issuer of GOLD, you need to click a little more often.
a) go to the explorer
b) search for account "committee-account"
c) click on "assets" on the left navigation
d) pick your asset and click "update asset"
e) click on the tab "fee pool"

Thanks, when I follow your step it all goes well until I confirm transaction and then I get this message:

"Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]"

Can you provide a screenshot?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
Thanks,

Now I have another stupid question. On bitshares.org it says anyone can contribute to asset´s fee pool, how would a user go about doing this?

For example how could I contribute to the Gold fee pool? or the USD fee pool for instance

a) go to the explorer

Thanks, when I follow your step it all goes well until I confirm transaction and then I get this message:

"Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]"

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks,

a) go to the explorer

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
- What is the current inflation rate for BTS 2.0, and what is the total bts that will be in circulation?
Not sure about the inflation rate since there are two main aspects here:
- the merging of two chains/ideas into one with the corresponding funds vesting for some more 6-9 months or so
- and the workers pay which can be seen here: http://cryptofresh.com/reserve

The total amount availabel (max supply) is hard capped by something around 3.5B shares whereas the available supply depends on the income and costs of the network. There is a reserve pool (not liquid) that could be used to fund development etc. now and in the future that is refilled by fees payed by network participants. If more fees are payed than funds are used from the network, BTS is profitable and the share supply goes down. (Not currently as we are in development phase)

Thanks,

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
- What is the current inflation rate for BTS 2.0, and what is the total bts that will be in circulation?
Not sure about the inflation rate since there are two main aspects here:
- the merging of two chains/ideas into one with the corresponding funds vesting for some more 6-9 months or so
- and the workers pay which can be seen here: http://cryptofresh.com/reserve

The total amount availabel (max supply) is hard capped by something around 3.5B shares whereas the available supply depends on the income and costs of the network. There is a reserve pool (not liquid) that could be used to fund development etc. now and in the future that is refilled by fees payed by network participants. If more fees are payed than funds are used from the network, BTS is profitable and the share supply goes down. (Not currently as we are in development phase)

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
Ok here is a really basic and stupid question and I am sorry but I arrived late to this party:

Thanks in advance!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'll ask a stupid question:  This page makes no sense to me.      http://docs.bitshares.eu/muse/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#importing-your-balance

How do I redeem my Muse that I bought in the pre-sale from a Bitcoin core wallet?  i have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out and I am about to give up.

Have you tried importing the wif private key(s) (starts with 5)  from the BTC account you donated from, into the Muse client?
Just a wild guess here, not a true MUSE believer/holder...
PS
[Maybe if you first claim them as NOTEs, in BTS 1.0 it wont work... I know I did for mine... and have to go through downgrades in order to get the wallet files, then the upgrades with a non running blockchain... to finally figure out I sold them as NOTES in BTS 1.0....:(]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:11:07 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline coininvestor

• View Profile
I'll ask a stupid question:  This page makes no sense to me.      http://docs.bitshares.eu/muse/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#importing-your-balance

How do I redeem my Muse that I bought in the pre-sale from a Bitcoin core wallet?  i have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out and I am about to give up. 

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I have been away from Bitshares for almost a year now and I am still invested.  My stupid questions for today are:
  • Is there a place t oget caught up on the developments?Is there one succinct place that shows a general timeline of developments?  It seems very hard to follow all the developments via the forum.
The roadmap: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20171.0.html

• I was once a PTS holder and moved to BTS then BTS 2.0.  Is BTS 2.0 the defacto or is there some other UIA that I should be considering at this point in time?
OBITS https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20498.0.html
and OPENPOS https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.0.html

• i see all this information about obits and meta exchange?  Is there anyone focused on using BTS as a non-currency transmission system? IT seems that most focus is on currency and replacing fiat.  While this is noble, I like to know if there any BTS projects looking to leverage ledger technology to other business conduct/transmission mechanisms.
Sorry I don't understand this question.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
I have been away from Bitshares for almost a year now and I am still invested.  My stupid questions for today are:
  • Is there a place t oget caught up on the developments?Is there one succinct place that shows a general timeline of developments?  It seems very hard to follow all the developments via the forum.
  • I was once a PTS holder and moved to BTS then BTS 2.0.  Is BTS 2.0 the defacto or is there some other UIA that I should be considering at this point in time?
  • i see all this information about obits and meta exchange?  Is there anyone focused on using BTS as a non-currency transmission system? IT seems that most focus is on currency and replacing fiat.  While this is noble, I like to know if there any BTS projects looking to leverage ledger technology to other business conduct/transmission mechanisms.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Doesn't that settle it then? That's the most rational option so it seems we only need to put that up to vote and set the price at which the assets will be sold
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads