Author Topic: BitUSD vs BitBTC is Trading on chain...  (Read 1565 times)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Any premium / discount on BitUSD would apply equally to BitBTC

If each BitAsset's "rewards" depend on trading and transfer fees in that asset, that would mean that various BitAssets would have different "reward" levels. BitUSD is likely to have higher "reward" level than say BitSilver, because it is likely to be have more transfer fees accumulated. All this means that there maybe additional premium/discount added to various BitAsset pairs.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Should non-collaterized BTSX receive Yield (aka interest)?
Why not?
And what is proper term for that (dividents, Yield, Interest...)?

UPDATE: It seems to me the answer to the first 2 questions could be just "peg". Am I right?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:33:05 pm by emski »

Offline theoretical

That's because the GUI for that market seems buggy and I don't want to trust it with my money.  For some reason it shows my BitUSD shorts in the window, claims they will be margin called based on the BitUSD / BitBTC price, and doesn't correctly display the amount of collateral.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline bytemaster

Any premium / discount on BitUSD would apply equally to BitBTC which means that BitUSD / BitBTC should trade the same as all of the other (centralized) markets. 

Right now the spread is terrible and the order book thin... but I see a huge opportunity for arb here.   I figured many people may not know this is live.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.