Author Topic: Is buypts.com a scam? (update - probably not a scam)  (Read 7583 times)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
I'm gonna chime in and vouch for this, as this is part my own project, along with srcgpsmp.

This is the same thing I've been saying on irc.
Protoshares isn't just another alt-coin. It's an investment of either computing power or money into an asset that is essentially the skeleton of all other assets that will be traded in bitshares.

I think with current and projected difficulty, and given the low (relatively) quantity of publicly available protoshares, 0.25btc/pts will soon be a reality for people who have no interest exchanging or mining protoshares.

Take of it what you want, but please don't spread FUD about this site as we've never, and are not going to, ever steal, scam, lie, cheat or fraud you out of your btc/ltc.

shall we test it then?

I wish to sell 100 PTS for 25 BTC - you will go first.

BTC: 1SCAMy3QcVgYU3d2a3ATidF2VQ6FDW5P3 (< serious address btw)

I'll send PTS as soon as I'm at home.

Did you even read what's written on the website? Where does it say we're buying?
I'll happily legitimize my service, but we are sellers of Protoshares, not buyers.

Please stop with the FUD, we have never scammed anyone.

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
"I wish to sell 100 PTS for 25 BTC - you will go first."-You can post it on sell sub forum not here.
If you don't know the meaning of the word SCAM you should look it  up in the dictionary.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:49:47 am by srcgpsmp »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'm gonna chime in and vouch for this, as this is part my own project, along with srcgpsmp.

Protoshares isn't just another alt-coin. It's an investment of either computing power or money into an asset that is essentially the skeleton of all other assets that will be traded in bitshares.

I think with current and projected difficulty, and given the low (relatively) quantity of publicly available protoshares, 0.25btc/pts will soon be a reality for people who have no interest exchanging or mining protoshares.

Take of it what you want, but please don't spread FUD about this site as we've never, and are not going to, ever steal, scam, lie, cheat or fraud you out of your btc/ltc.

shall we test it then?

I wish to sell 100 PTS for 25 BTC - you will go first.

BTC: 1SCAMy3QcVgYU3d2a3ATidF2VQ6FDW5P3 (< serious address btw)

I'll send PTS as soon as I'm at home.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:25:20 am by favdesu »

Offline arubi

• View Profile

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
No it isn't ,you can try it and see for yourself.
Yes the price is way above the price on http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=pts or http://bter.com/trade/pts_btc but buypts.com is not an exchange, it is privet offer for costumers who don't have the skills or the knowledge to get in to ProtoShares.
Btw
http://www.buymastercoin.com/ selling 20X more then market value also(see-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGPLGUd5ZCzdHFxbnhHQjBDSDVKamY5UHlWdkNMNWc#gid=0)

From my understanding mastercoin offer more or less the same things bitshares do accept ProtoShares offer even more so I don't see any reason why ProtoShares would worth less then MSC(0.49BTC).

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Yes, it is. Please do not trade there.

edit: I confuse this site with another scam site. I withdraw my statement and apologized for it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:47:58 pm by Amazon »
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
if it's too good to be true - it is.

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this.  Mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

I found on a ProtoShares reddit post a link to buypts.com.  The site looks eerily similar to buymastercoin.com, and it invites site visitors to buy ProtoShares for 0.25 BTC per PTS (!).  Obviously anyone who has researched ProtoShares would understand that the buypts.com price is very much higher than the current market price, but those who have not done their homework might not understand that.

I know better than to send any BTC there, but unfortunately some have sent BTC to the address for buypts.com.  I don't know for sure if it's a scam since no one has reported being scammed, but it feels potentially scammy to me.

UPDATE (11/19/2013):
Based on the conversation with the site owners in this thread, and given that no one has claimed to be scammed through this site, I conclude that buypts.com is probably not a scam.  I have no first-hand experience with buypts.com since I prefer less expensive ways to buy ProtoShares, but as long as the owners are upfront about the cost and do what they say they are going to do, they are welcome to charge whatever the market is willing to pay for ProtoShares.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:48:15 pm by Evan »