Author Topic: PeerTracks! The first BitShares Music front end website  (Read 3994 times)

Offline yellowecho

For this DAC, I think you could market to the crypto community. It doesn't threaten other coins at all. And in fact, it's a place to spend your BTC. The crypto community could provide quite a jumpstart to get it going virally.

+5% !
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
For this DAC, I think you could market to the crypto community. It doesn't threaten other coins at all. And in fact, it's a place to spend your BTC. The crypto community could provide quite a jumpstart to get it going virally.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Anybody spot any typos in while reading through the content?

You still nees to market it for the crypto people though
And yes Xeroc, we are starting with the crypto people. But they already understand most of this already. Not saying we won't have the infographic ready before the pre-sale, just saying it will be most valuable once we market to the mainstream consumers.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You still nees to market it for the crypto people though

Offline cob

• View Profile
We wouldn't do this for the Pre-Sale, but once we go mainstream, a nice infographic OLD VS NEW will be just perfect.
Why not? the more people join the prescale, the better the distribution and the more money for the challenge!?
For the Pre-sale, we need to focus on crypto people since only they can contribute to a BTC address.

Our site will change once the pre-sale is over and when we start marketing to the outside world of humans (:
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We wouldn't do this for the Pre-Sale, but once we go mainstream, a nice infographic OLD VS NEW will be just perfect.
Why not? the more people join the prescale, the better the distribution and the more money for the challenge!?

Offline cob

• View Profile
Love the site.  +5%

One thing it definitely needs is an "old VS new" infographic, something like this. Or if you have seen the DNS video. Emphasis on how the old system with record lables or iTunes or even spotify is old, and this is new.

Noted!
Very good idea. I'll see who and where we could incorporate that.
thanks!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:24:21 pm by cob »

Offline robrigo

Personaly I don't like the symbolism in home page.
I like the people dancing but not the... signs...
Of course you will get big support from this demographic  :P
So what the hell !!!

hmmm...

I'm used to that meaning "rock on," I've observed a lot of people throwing that at concerts, but it's been a while since I've been to one so maybe not anymore. people did actually do that though. makes me wonder about the etymology of this gesture. might have to go wikipedia this one.

we're all heathens over here :)

Yeah it definitely really common at concerts to see that gesture in the crowd still today... especially for heavier music (metal, rock). It's a pretty innocuous gesture imo.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:32:52 pm by robrigo »

merockstar

So what the hell !!!

hmmm...

I'm used to that meaning "rock on," I've observed a lot of people throwing that at concerts, but it's been a while since I've been to one so maybe not anymore. people did actually do that though. makes me wonder about the etymology of this gesture. might have to go wikipedia this one.

we're all heathens over here :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
So what the hell !!!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Love the site.  +5%

One thing it definitely needs is an "old VS new" infographic, something like this. Or if you have seen the DNS video. Emphasis on how the old system with record lables or iTunes or even spotify is old, and this is new.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
May want to consider swapping 'paradigm shift' for 'revolution', ie "Welcome to the revolution".

Paradigm shift is a little too meta for the music crowd.

Revolution will resonate and is more apt.

Also, the thick white font is a bit clunky. Old guy opinion.  ;)

Offline robrigo

peertracks.com

Check it out. Read up on it.

I need you guys to let me know what isn't clear. What FAQs you would add. What sentences you would reformulate and of course where are those pesky typos!

Praise, criticism, worries, questions, interpretive dance. This is the place for it.

The site is still being worked on. So it might work and then stop working and work again. temporary temporary. I don't need this brought up in the complaints lol

I needed to add "www" to resolve the link: http://www.peertracks.com

Nevermind it works for me now after refreshing a bunch. Might have been cached from previous visits. Sorry for confusion. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:32:14 am by robrigo »

Offline cob

• View Profile
peertracks.com

Check it out. Read up on it.

I need you guys to let me know what isn't clear. What FAQs you would add. What sentences you would reformulate and of course where are those pesky typos!

Praise, criticism, worries, questions, interpretive dance. This is the place for it.

The site is still being worked on. So it might work and then stop working and work again. temporary temporary. I don't need this brought up in the complaints lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:23:45 am by cob »