Author Topic: PSA: I'm buying... and you probably should be too  (Read 6588 times)

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
Making BTSX to The Moon to celebrate the Chinese mooncake(MidAutumn) festival is so intresting
 +5% +5%
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

12h MACD. Oh yeah!

I wish I knew what that meant and why you're so excited  :-\ . Maybe next time I'm in TO I'll buy you a beer or five and you can enlighten me.

Five beers? Hell yeah. I'll buy the second round!  ;D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

12h MACD. Oh yeah!

I wish I knew what that meant and why you're so excited  :-\ . Maybe next time I'm in TO I'll buy you a beer or five and you can enlighten me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD

Do not get too involved though, thoughts of another school in the same discipline (technical analyses) just posted this:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8252.msg111556#msg111556

I think that guy is just saying there will be a correction. He's correct. Buy when it bottoms.

EDIT: Should be around 0.00007500 then another leg up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:59:35 am by MeTHoDx »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

12h MACD. Oh yeah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD

Do not get too involved though, thoughts of another school in the same discipline (technical analyses) just posted this:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8252.msg111556#msg111556
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

12h MACD. Oh yeah!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:03:56 am by Riverhead »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
- Decentralisation. I don't see how centralization would ever become a problem. DPoS solves the mining problem brilliantly.

The market peg is the biggest question mark.

DPOS is great but BTSX isn't decentralised yet.

Until there's a decentralised development system in place or alternatively a client that needs very little development. BTSX will be very centralised for 3 months+ I imagine. BTC38 also controls a large % of BTSX which is a centralised weak point.

The market peg isn't a question mark for me, by stopping shorting below the peg and introducing BitYield, I'm very optimistic. Probably some tweaking will happen but I expect to it work well.

(Not withstanding that I'm kind of confused about how basic aspects of shorting work in practice...)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
+5% I only think about 3 main things myself

1. BitInterest
2. Stable Client
3. Decentralisation

The BitInterest system was the most important to me. (Besides fees if you can extract $ from people willing to pay a premium to short at 1-1 and pass it onto longs in the form of interest it will increase demand, adoption, liquidity and support the peg.)  I think BTSX can pass LiteCoin very quickly just with the introduction of BitYield. 

Once those three elements above are in place then you have a base to challenge Bitcoin imo, but even with marketing, trading interface etc, if anyone of those three elements can't be described as 'excellent' then it will be hard to surpass $1 Billion imo.

All of those things will happen in my opinion.

- BitInterest. It's happening and I don't see why it would fail.

- Stable client is a given. It's already pretty stable after two weeks of iteration.

- Decentralisation. I don't see how centralization would ever become a problem. DPoS solves the mining problem brilliantly.

The market peg is the biggest question mark.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Up about 20% since posting, hope I was bidding against at least a few of you!

Will probably pull back into the low 70's but the trend is bullish as hell.

My completely unsubstantiated prediction for milestones over the next four months:

1. Client stabilized

2. Trading interface released

4. Liquidity/depth/volume increases substantially

5. Pegs consolidate

6. Smart money buys in

7. BTSX surpasses Litecoin in market cap

8. Marketing hype

9. Bitcoin/Alt money buys in

10. $1bn cap breached on/before Jan 2015

I'll bump this in the New Year for entertainment value.

Good luck to all!

+5% I only think about 3 main things myself

1. BitInterest
2. Stable Client
3. Decentralisation

The BitInterest system was the most important to me. (Besides fees if you can extract $ from people willing to pay a premium to short at 1-1 and pass it onto longs in the form of interest it will increase demand, adoption, liquidity and support the peg.)  I think BTSX can pass LiteCoin very quickly just with the introduction of BitYield. 

Once those three elements above are in place then you have a base to challenge Bitcoin imo, but even with marketing, trading interface etc, if anyone of those three elements can't be described as 'excellent' then it will be hard to surpass $1 Billion imo.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Up about 20% since posting, hope I was bidding against at least a few of you!

Will probably pull back into the low 70's but the trend is bullish as hell.

My completely unsubstantiated prediction for milestones over the next four months:

1. Client stabilized

2. Trading interface released

4. Liquidity/depth/volume increases substantially

5. Pegs consolidate

6. Smart money buys in

7. BTSX surpasses Litecoin in market cap

8. Marketing hype

9. Bitcoin/Alt money buys in

10. $1bn cap breached on/before Jan 2015

I'll bump this in the New Year for entertainment value.

Good luck to all!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Looks like we're due for another leg up soon. The 6 hour MACD looks good and 12 hour will cross over soon.

http://www.sosobtc.com/kline/btsx/btc38.html

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Thanks riverhead - Im glad this a long way off  ;D

Offline Riverhead

I still don't understand how we are supposed to earn interest when we have the inactivity fees at the same time. Can we just send our assets to ourselves and problem solved?

Or how about inactivity fees get scrapped? Seriously whats the point of them. It makes cold storage a nightmare.

I replied to this in another post. BM can chime in if I've misstated his thoughts:

During the Mumble session on Friday Sept 5, 2014 I asked BM about this and here is a summary of his thoughts:

1) Any action on the account counts, such as simply logging in to collect your interest. This is much like what banks do today with accounts that become dormant over a period of time. Also, since the platform supports an API it is possible for 3rd party software to provide a service of tending to your funds to make sure they see some activity.

2) The 5% inactivity fee provides a valuable service to the ecosystem. With most crypto currency implementations when a private key is "lost", i.e. the owner has lost access to their private keys, or very small amounts (dust) is left languishing as unspent outputs, these funds are lost forever. The network doesn't know what percentage of supply accounts for "lost" funds. With the 5% inactivity fee these funds will eventually get merged back into the network to rejoin supply.

3) As stated above this is still in the very very early discussion process. There is 10 - 11 months left to figure it out.