Author Topic: Purchasing BTSX with Ether?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Figured.  But one can hope, can't they?

How hard would it be to implement something that would enable purchase of BTSX with Bitcoin, not just BitBTC?

Anyone thinking of anything like this?

There has been talk of these types of things.  A "robot" (centralized website) that takes BTC and spits out BTSX.  The problem is pricing I believe but I suppose one could make API calls to exchanges to get the proper price and then just add your own spread.

Again though, I am not sure what the point would be since this can also be done with an exchange.

If you want to exit Ether, I think you'd need to find some escrow type agent on Ether board.  Sell you Ether for BTC then buy BTSX.  That or wait until they are liquid and on exchanges.

edit - And I'd go with Tony.  If you are going to move from Ether to BTSX do it now.  I was annoyed that I didn't move more into BTSX due to laziness and it had already went up to about 3000 satoshi.  So I spent a full day moving all my various crypto-assets. Wake up the next morning and we're at 2x.  lol.  Sometimes you win 'em.

Wait, I didn't know you could sell genesis block ether till it was trading????  The best estimate for that being February, 2015?

OH I see your original question was "how long until after Ether ..."  oops! my bad.

Which brings about the next question... .Why did you even ask this question at this point ?   
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

How hard would it be to implement something that would enable purchase of BTSX with Bitcoin, not just BitBTC?

There has been talk of these types of things.  A "robot" (centralized website) that takes BTC and spits out BTSX.  The problem is pricing I believe but I suppose one could make API calls to exchanges to get the proper price and then just add your own spread.

Again though, I am not sure what the point would be since this can also be done with an exchange.

If you want to exit Ether, I think you'd need to find some escrow type agent on Ether board.  Sell you Ether for BTC then buy BTSX.  That or wait until they are liquid and on exchanges.

edit - And I'd go with Tony.  If you are going to move from Ether to BTSX do it now.  I was annoyed that I didn't move more into BTSX due to laziness and it had already went up to about 3000 satoshi.  So I spent a full day moving all my various crypto-assets. Wake up the next morning and we're at 2x.  lol.  Sometimes you win 'em.

Wait, I didn't know you could sell genesis block ether till it was trading????  The best estimate for that being February, 2015?

When there is a will, there is a way (to simulate tradability in this case). That is what he means, I think.

If you want to exit Ether, I think you'd need to find some escrow type agent on Ether board.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:34:08 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Offline gamey

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:29:15 pm by gamey »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
How long after Ether is trading, will it be before we can purchase BTSX, with Ether, in the Bitshares client AKA vault?

I invested a good chunk of money in the Ether genesis block, just for fun, but would like to move it back to BTSX as soon as, and as easy as possible.

Even with the newly established friendship with Ether, I insist that by the time this becomes theoretically possible, you will have lost about 100-700x on your investment in Ether, compared to buying BTSX at first chance (i.e. at 0.0000200 BTC/BTSX)...

I know this is slightly off topic.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
How long after Ether is trading, will it be before we can purchase BTSX, with Ether, in the Bitshares client AKA vault?

I invested a good chunk of money in the Ether genesis block, just for fun, but would like to move it back to BTSX as soon as, and as easy as possible.

I don't think this is on the roadmap.  There are numerous exchanges to do this with so there isn't much value.  If Bitshares products are going to interact with anything, it would be BTC.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com