Author Topic: What is the volume and market cap of all Bit assets outside of BTSX?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline svk

I'll see if I can get volumes added to my assets page, shouldn't be too hard. The market cap is a little trickier cause you need to determine the price of a bitBTC and bitCNY etc, prices which aren't readily available atm. If I were to assume a 1:1 ratio for each asset it would of course be easier.

For now you can already find the current share supply, 487,800$ for USD and 29BTC for bitBTC for example, on the assets page. Those two are the only active assets currently, CNY has some shorts and asks but no trades so far.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
bitUSD price is backed by BTSX so the bitUSD market cap is included in BitsharesX market cap.
hmm .. this only means that the bitUSD cannot have a higher cap than btsx .. why not list it ALTHOUGHT its already listed indirectly?

This is a great debate.
I can appreciate arguments on both sides. But I vote for staying true to the toughest of all standards, even imposing  tougher standards upon ourselves than anybody else can even imagine.
Plus, we do not really need another asset of ours in top 100, do we?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
bitUSD price is backed by BTSX so the bitUSD market cap is included in BitsharesX market cap.
hmm .. this only means that the bitUSD cannot have a higher cap than btsx .. why not list it ALTHOUGHT its already listed indirectly?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So is this why so many people haven't 'claimed' their genesis block shares yet, and can't vote them yet?

It seems to me, the private keys protecting everyone's unclaimed genesis block are not very well protected, especially if they were purchased by some third party or via coinbase.com.  If they become compromised, they could disappear very fast, right?  Am I wrong in thinking this is a far greater risk?  Is it not far safer to move these genesis block BTSX to a new public private key, which you have more control over and know is safe?

You are one of them, tell me why you have not claimed them?

No, I have claimed all of mine, for the reasons I've described.  But you are making me wonder if this was a mistake to do this so soon?

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to vote all of them.  If only I could get the vote indication system in the wallet to work, so I could know if I am being successful or not.

Wait a minute.
My personal opinion is that your BTSX are safe, as safe as anything else on your computer and as long as you have access to your backup and a strong enough password that you do not forget.

I just do not want somebody to come and say 'I lost 1Mill because tonyk told me it is safe to use the client', neither I am too much into proving negative facts. ( as in 'Your funds are NOT in danger')

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
So is this why so many people haven't 'claimed' their genesis block shares yet, and can't vote them yet?

It seems to me, the private keys protecting everyone's unclaimed genesis block are not very well protected, especially if they were purchased by some third party or via coinbase.com.  If they become compromised, they could disappear very fast, right?  Am I wrong in thinking this is a far greater risk?  Is it not far safer to move these genesis block BTSX to a new public private key, which you have more control over and know is safe?

No, I have claimed all of mine, for the reasons I've described.  But you are making me wonder if this was a mistake to do this so soon?

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to vote all of them.  If only I could get the vote indication system in the wallet to work, so I could know if I am being successful or not.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
In particular I'd like to see the progress of daily volumes for each Bit Asset. In my mind that is a key indicator of 'usage' increasing over time.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
There's an opportunity for someone to make a site or a widget that lists the bitAsset market cap leaderboard.  It would also be interesting to see all those in one chart plotted over time against BTSX.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline champbronc2

• View Profile

This. It's that simple.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Can someone do the math from that, and give us a total BitUSD in existence right now?

You should definitely download the client aka the vault and put 5 BTSX in it.
80% of the questions you ask, have answers available through it.

Code: [Select]
blockchain_get_asset USD
{
  "id": 22,
  "symbol": "USD",
  "name": "United States Dollar",
  "description": "1 United States dollar",
  "public_data": "",
  "issuer_account_id": -2,
  "precision": 10000,
  "registration_date": "20140719T000000",
  "last_update": "20140719T000000",
  "current_share_supply": [b]4868475216[/b],
  "maximum_share_supply": 1000000000000000,
  "collected_fees": 19265679
}

486,847.5216 bitUSD

Shit!  That would put it at about #50 on coinmarketcap.com.  Why isn't it there yet?  How do we get it there?

Oh, and thanks for thinking for me, tonyk.  I was one of the big investers in angel shares, so have a few more than 5 btsx.  I am not always as dumb as I sound.  I just like asking people, rather than reading json.

I meant that if you are scared for your main funds, do not import them into the client/wallet/vault, yet.
Just buy $0.25 worth of BTSX and play with them for now.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Can someone do the math from that, and give us a total BitUSD in existence right now?

blockchain_get_asset USD
{
}

486,847.5216 bitUSD

Shit!  That would put it at about #50 on coinmarketcap.com.  Why isn't it there yet?  How do we get it there?

Oh, and thanks for thinking for me, tonyk.  I was one of the big investers in angel shares, so have a few more than 5 btsx.  I am not always as dumb as I sound.  I just like asking people, rather than reading json.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

blockchain_get_asset USD
{
}

486,847.5216 bitUSD

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

From the looks of the exchange there is a shitload of volume.