Author Topic: What do I do with txid's returned by wallet_account_transaction_history?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline vikram

When the ID is in brackets like that "[6212bd]" it signifies that this is not a "transaction" that was broadcast and included in a block, but rather signifies that this is a "virtual transaction" that represents a change in the DAC's database state. In this case the state change was a result of the market engine matching orders.

These IDs for "virtual transactions" mean nothing and are used nowhere; they are simply unique identifiers used internally in the wallet.

Offline bytemaster

That transaction ID merely uniquely identifies the market transaction.... ie: it isn't a real transaction but a "virtual" transaction executed by the market engine.

I will talk with the guys about what it is used for from a users perspective.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline theoretical

As a result of a market order being filled, I see this in my tx history via wallet_account_transaction_history:

|2014-09-11T15:34:03 458522    BID-3728b667        MARKET              0.10001000 BTC          pay bid @ 0.000081967213114754 BTC / BTSX   0.00000 BTSX        [6212bd]|

The first thing I noticed is that the time is wrong, for which I've filed an issue already.

My question to this forum is:  What do I do with [6212bd]?  I have tried:

Code: [Select]
>>> blockchain_get_transaction 6212bd
null
>>> blockchain_get_transaction [6212bd]
0 exception: unspecified
Invalid hex character '['
    {"c":"["}
    th_a  hex.cpp:13 from_hex

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:163 blockchain_get_transaction

{"command":"blockchain_get_transaction"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:537 execute_command

I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before I file another ticket and bother the developers.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk