Author Topic: [MyVision] feature requests for the (not so distant) future  (Read 3891 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I can remember huge discussions about WHY i3 started all this AGS shit to get even more money :) Now people start to realize lots of money is needed to boost all this to behind "mars or even pluto"

If each new DAC has an AGS style fundraiser why couldn't we go that route? A lot of us have great ideas for DACs or for improvements but no way to fund development. We need to let the people with the great ideas join forces with people who have money so that people with technical expertise can be contracted to implement it.

I think if we can figure that part out then we'll have a sustainable ecosystem which can grow on its own. I think sometime later on delegates may be able to become the VCs but for right now we are going to have to rely on AGS donation addresses.

Bitshares X is already well funded and Bytemaster is dedicated to it. If we are going to do fundraising it should be for new DACs such as the Bitshares * (Wildcard) DAC idea. To do that it needs to be a lot easier to set up an AGS style fundraiser and there has to be documentation on how to position ourselves legally.

How about we implement distributed investment funds: Sahai-Waters CP-ABE
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Distributed_markets

If we do this we have to prioritize so that we don't drain our community dry with half baked ideas. We need a way to rate and prioritize where funds go. One way could be to make a sort of service where delegates collect money on people's behalf and donate to the DACs which get voted to the top. Delegates would have the ability to veto truly bad investments.

Another way to do it would be with Sahai-Waters CP-ABE which would invest according to a script or formula. As soon as Bytemaster adds a scripting language then this would be a possible implementation for automated investing protocols.

Basically in the code the people who subscribe to invest like a specific delegate or set of delegates would put money into an escrow account and when the delegates make investments their investments would follow the delegates.

I am a big fan of making DACs and funding them in this way using altcoins in addition to bitcoin.  Then honoring the altcoin that donates most as a thank you or that offers developers with specific skills you find valuable.  This gets people from other communities to A) download the bitshares wallet and B) give a taste of DPOS...

We totally agree on that. I think it should be expanded though. If we can implement CP-ABE then we could have something like a distributed Birkshire Hathaway or decentralized autonomous VC.

Ciphertext Policy Attribute Based Encryption is like our Excalibur. It's the key to decentralized market investment funds and I hope we can implement that. It would allow us to focus on defining the best investment policies and then people would subscribe to that. Their investments would be managed by artificial intelligence rather than human beings. Choose your policy from a set of templates.

Mike Hearn discussed the possibility a while back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4L7xDNCmA#t=1043
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:29:01 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

I can remember huge discussions about WHY i3 started all this AGS shit to get even more money :) Now people start to realize lots of money is needed to boost all this to behind "mars or even pluto"

If each new DAC has an AGS style fundraiser why couldn't we go that route? A lot of us have great ideas for DACs or for improvements but no way to fund development. We need to let the people with the great ideas join forces with people who have money so that people with technical expertise can be contracted to implement it.

I think if we can figure that part out then we'll have a sustainable ecosystem which can grow on its own. I think sometime later on delegates may be able to become the VCs but for right now we are going to have to rely on AGS donation addresses.

Bitshares X is already well funded and Bytemaster is dedicated to it. If we are going to do fundraising it should be for new DACs such as the Bitshares * (Wildcard) DAC idea. To do that it needs to be a lot easier to set up an AGS style fundraiser and there has to be documentation on how to position ourselves legally.

If we do this we have to prioritize so that we don't drain our community dry with half baked ideas. We need a way to rate and prioritize where funds go. One way could be to make a sort of service where delegates collect money on people's behalf and donate to the DACs which get voted to the top. Delegates would have the ability to veto truly bad investments.

Another way to do it would be with Sahai-Waters CP-ABE which would invest according to a script or formula. As soon as Bytemaster adds a scripting language then this would be a possible implementation for automated investing protocols.

Basically in the code the people who subscribe to invest like a specific delegate or set of delegates would put money into an escrow account and when the delegates make investments their investments would follow the delegates.

I am a big fan of making DACs and funding them in this way using altcoins in addition to bitcoin.  Then honoring the altcoin that donates most as a thank you or that offers developers with specific skills you find valuable.  This gets people from other communities to A) download the bitshares wallet and B) give them a taste of DPOS and TITAN...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:14:29 am by theFuzz »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

https://www.cs.utexas.edu/~bwaters/publications/papers/cp-abe.pdf

Basically in the code the people who subscribe to invest like a specific delegate or set of delegates would put money into an escrow account and when the delegates make investments their investments would follow the delegates. The other way would be to turn the investment scheme into a script and let the scripts direct the flow of money based on some math based measures to determine the effectiveness of each $ invested.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:13:08 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
We've thought about this a lot already, there is this but better and much more in the "eventually" pipeline. Limiting factor is dev time and not ideas.

So we need more resources to pay developers to get them to designate the time. Perhaps when enough DACs launch there will be independently wealthy developers with plenty of free time to work on this stuff.

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
bitshares rocks.  I'm stoked to be in the game.   We really need more tutorials on how to use all the functions and an alpha wallet .  :)

Offline Pheonike

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
We got the upper hand now. Let us go kidnap some devs u guys.

just so u guys know, the dev from cinni will be on for one of the afterparties after Dans dev hangout.  Going to shoot for next friday to have bitshares vote on.  Cinni dev has donated to our mumble so I can pay the people who volunteer and give tips to those who remain in attendance for his question and answers session.  I personally feel that if we can help guide these people to do things that will help us get the needed tools developed, we will be far better off than without them.  But you guys are all our community's keepers and the pitbulls to protect the palace so to speak, so please do not shy away from criticism...he is tipping you to attend and ask questions!

However, I do not know the cinni dev, so please take into consideration that we will need to get as high of attendance as we can to ensure proper community brainpower goes I to this session.  It is not like we know him like we do bytemaster so it some of what we say should genuinely incite thoughtful responses.

I like that - getting tips for hanging with some of the best guys around. I am in!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

just so u guys know, the dev from cinni will be on for one of the afterparties after Dans dev hangout.  Going to shoot for next friday to have bitshares vote on.  Cinni dev has donated to our mumble so I can pay the people who volunteer and give tips to those who remain in attendance for his question and answers session.  I personally feel that if we can help guide these people to do things that will help us get the needed tools developed, we will be far better off than without them.  But you guys are all our community's keepers and the pitbulls to protect the palace so to speak, so please do not shy away from criticism...he is tipping you to attend and ask questions!

However, I do not know the cinni dev, so please take into consideration that we will need to get as high of attendance as we can to ensure proper community brainpower goes I to this session.  It is not like we know him like we do bytemaster so it some of what we say should genuinely incite thoughtful responses.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Want to PM me that feature list xeroc? I know, I know, I'm such a BitShares nerd!  :P

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This thing's going to have so many weapons, it's almost unfair to other cryptos!
hehe .. that's why I took the post offline for now so that the others need to figure it out on their own :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This thing's going to have so many weapons, it's almost unfair to other cryptos!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
We've thought about this a lot already, there is this but better and much more in the "eventually" pipeline. Limiting factor is dev time and not ideas.
This is not the second time i wished I was a c++ coder :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.