Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389831 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
where is keyhotee going now?

I was wondering the same question...
I have no idea :(

Secure mail and IDs will be built into Bitshares.

Offline megadeth92

I was wondering the same question...
I have no idea :(
Account: jdroa92

Offline eureka

• NeT FRee GeeK
    • View Profile
    • DAC
  • BitShares: e
https://bitshares.dacplay.org/?r=e
去中心化是一场革命http://dac.xyz

Offline hasher

• View Profile
In the BitsharesX wallet use the left menu to go to the console screen and do the following:

The wallet_import_keyhotee: Keyhotee id at the end IS case sensative.  If you had Steve as your keyhotee id and steve shows up in the blockchain you'll need to specify Steve on the command line.

For me it was (because I didn't use a middle name):

wallet_import_keyhotee Bob "" Smith "My brain key went here" Riverhead
i did it before, name - hasher, it in genesis chain,
btsx wallet have crashed 1st time,now when i trying to execute the same command line again it tells me

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
false: Account name is already registered under a different key

i figured it out, going to download latest version of keyhotee (i hope it runs on 32 bit win) from http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/
then use "export function for private key" in keyhotee
then use command line "wallet_import_keyhotee" "wallet_import_private_key" in btsx wallet

i did it at last, thank you for help, now its time to claim btsx..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:01:47 pm by hasher »

Offline Riverhead

In the BitsharesX wallet use the left menu to go to the console screen and do the following:

The wallet_import_keyhotee: Keyhotee id at the end IS case sensative.  If you had Steve as your keyhotee id and steve shows up in the blockchain you'll need to specify Steve on the command line.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
Is the shortcut still pointing to the .exe?  Can you try running the executable directly?
yea it points..
any ideas how i can found wif_key if i cant run keyhotee?

looks like 0.7.1 cant run on 32 bit Windows... i have no 64 bit OS near me..what i can do with this situation?
I guess nothing :(.  What are you trying to do with Keyhotee?  If it's just unlocking your Founder ID and BTSX in the BitsharesX client you don't need to run Keyhotee for that.  You can do it from the BitsharesX client.
idk i just lost my way here since i was not involved in testing process,
all right i figured out,
i want to claim keyhotee founders id with command
wallet_import_keyhotee
its shows me:
??? it registered but how i can claim it in btsx wallet?

Offline Riverhead

Is the shortcut still pointing to the .exe?  Can you try running the executable directly?
yea it points..

looks like 0.7.1 cant run on 32 bit Windows... i have no 64 bit OS near me..what i can do with this situation?
I guess nothing :(.  What are you trying to do with Keyhotee?  If it's just unlocking your Founder ID and BTSX in the BitsharesX client you don't need to run Keyhotee for that.  You can do it from the BitsharesX client.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
yea it points..

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:58:55 pm by hasher »

Offline Riverhead

Offline hasher

• View Profile
recently i changed my laptop and kept old hard drive, but now i cant start keyhotee 0.7.1 on this new machine, its just wont load in memory after i click on shortcut, any ideas?

Offline Riverhead

The first issue sounds like a Gui issue.  You can try a wallet_rescan_blockchain and see it that helps.  The second issue, Apple, did you pay for two founder IDs?  I had Riverhead and a couple others in Keyhotee but only actually paid for one ID with my 15 PTS donation many moons ago.error

The error you got with Apple was the same I got when I didn't have the brain key or Keyhotee ID just right.

Glad you got it somewhat working though :) .  The GUI has some bugs still to work out for sure.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

quesiont: is login password part of "profile data" ?
No, I checked the code and it's not used in the key generation itself, so you don't need to remember it for regeneration of your key.

I used the name,  brain password,  password,  founder code recorded in my keepass,  but I still can not get my ID back.  Is there anything I can do to get my ID back? I have the original email and pts address used for my IDs.

Can you see your id with console command blockchain_get_account <name>?

Also remember that the wallet_import_keyhotee the Keyhotee id at the end IS case sensative.  If you had Steve as your keyhotee id and steve shows up in the blockchain you'll need to specify Steve on the command line.

Thank you.
Using the method you mentioned, I registered "jimewu" and the interface returned "OK".
However, the strange thing is that I lost all my account in "My Accounts" in qt_wallet, but I can click into the acocunt names shown in transaction histroy.
Then I sent 10 BTSX from another ID to "jimewu",  but till now the balance of "jimewu" is still zero.

Another ID "Apple" did not register succesfully.
Using the method you mentioned, it returned the following:
Code: [Select]
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1417 add_contact_account

{"account_name":"apple","key":"BTSX56fKG3fD6pYxsBXSrmX2v7GSfGnmZa7zEouYV9GiipYxRQhiaf"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1448 add_contact_account

{"account_name":"apple"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1619 import_private_key
error creating private key using keyhotee info.
    {"firstname":"Yi-Pei","middlename":"","lastname":"Lin","brainkey":"3P1XoZeK10ulpBOxyrHBGEDnNU5GEBKv","keyhoteeid":"Apple"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3931 import_keyhotee

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:675 wallet_import_keyhotee

{"command":"wallet_import_keyhotee"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:540 execute_command

How come the founder ID is registered? Isn't it reserved?
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline Riverhead

No, I checked the code and it's not used in the key generation itself, so you don't need to remember it for regeneration of your key.

I used the name,  brain password,  password,  founder code recorded in my keepass,  but I still can not get my ID back.  Is there anything I can do to get my ID back? I have the original email and pts address used for my IDs.

Can you see your id with console command blockchain_get_account <name>?

Also remember that the wallet_import_keyhotee the Keyhotee id at the end IS case sensative.  If you had Steve as your keyhotee id and steve shows up in the blockchain you'll need to specify Steve on the command line.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I registered keyhotee founder "King" and "Value", took part in the 0.5.3 version of the test, but did not participate in the 0.7.x version of the test, in BTSX the genesis block, there is no written my founder, how should I do ?
All the unregistered Keyhotee Founder Ids were registered with a placeholder key. Once things cool down a bit, there'll be some instructions about how unregistered founders will be able to claim their IDs. But right now all developers are working 7 days a week on functionality and stability of bitsharesX itself.

Okay, but now I want to get the founder of btsx, how should I do it?
If you just want to claim your BTSX, check out details in this thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5943.0
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter