Author Topic: Dan Larimer to be Keynote Speaker at Inside Bitcoins in Vegas  (Read 16888 times)

Offline Riverhead

Given what's at stake for Patrick I'm guessing it'll be something reasonably vague. If I had to place a bet it'd be that they have resolved critical regulatory barriers and have started the phase of vetting various blockchain solutions "for the next step".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:17:26 pm by Riverhead »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Wonder what Patrick M. Byrne will announce pertaining to the bitcoin ecosystem... could it be related to bitsharesx?

$10  say he/they are moving to a blockchin solution.... bla-bla-bla.

What Dan speaks about is a bigger mystery in my mind.

I dont know he is doing a pretty good job at pumping people to expect some pretty interesting news that he is going to announce during his talk... I was thinking it would relate to btsx or nxt because he is speaking about a decentralized stock exchange use case.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

38PTSWarrior

I have the feeling that after Vegas the whole thing here will explode. Like a few days later, after some experts told their friends about it or wrote some articles.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Wonder what Patrick M. Byrne will announce pertaining to the bitcoin ecosystem... could it be related to bitsharesx?

$10  say he/they are moving to a blockchin solution.... bla-bla-bla.

What Dan speaks about is a bigger mystery in my mind.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:45:09 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I already regret that I cannot come! Hope to be with you streaming-wise

Offline Riverhead

A positive is that the audience will be more open minded and business oriented than a lot of the tin foil hat types that are only active on the Internet.

As an aside - I hope they aren't updating their lineup:

http://insidebitcoins.com/speakers/#daniellarimer

Page not found  Return home? 

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I'm going to define Bitcoin to be the vision, the goal, the purpose, the idea and then systematically show how the most popular implementation of the idea has succeeded and failed.   Then discuss the other techniques that have emerged that carry the Bitcoin banner and hold true to the idea/vision rather than to a clunky protocol.   

+5% No better way to do it.

Consider framing the alternatives that carry the Bitcoin vision as experiments. I've had very positive experiences when presenting BTSX in this light.

Offline bytemaster

I'm going to define Bitcoin to be the vision, the goal, the purpose, the idea and then systematically show how the most popular implementation of the idea has succeeded and failed.   Then discuss the other techniques that have emerged that carry the Bitcoin banner and hold true to the idea/vision rather than to a clunky protocol.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yes, I am trying to prepare a very "product-neutral" presentation and will not be doing a product promotion for BTSX,

+5%

BTW that's the best promotion for BTSX   ;)

Offline Riverhead

Bytemaster, in your keynote are you going to compare BTSX's positive P/E ratio to Bitcoin's loss making one? I thought that P/E ratio post you made a while back made a strong case.

Just a suggestion.

Yes, I am trying to prepare a very "product-neutral" presentation and will not be doing a product promotion for BTSX, though I will probably mention it.

+5% It would be nice to be asked back :).

Offline bytemaster

Bytemaster, in your keynote are you going to compare BTSX's positive P/E ratio to Bitcoin's loss making one? I thought that P/E ratio post you made a while back made a strong case.

Just a suggestion.

Yes, I am trying to prepare a very "product-neutral" presentation and will not be doing a product promotion for BTSX, though I will probably mention it.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:23:52 pm by Stan »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Just a suggestion.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I teach college and am busy those days, but I envy you all and hope you have a great time. Make lots of friends!

Offline Final_Acclaim

• View Profile
Thinking about heading out that way myself. So many big players at this event, networking will be so critical for us.