Author Topic: Dan Larimer to be Keynote Speaker at Inside Bitcoins in Vegas  (Read 16948 times)

Offline robrigo

Just booked my flight out. Looking forward to meeting members of this awesome community in person. If there are any extra BitShares shirts I would also like to purchase one. Thanks!!

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
 +5%
I noticed Bobby Lee, the CEO of BTCCHINA and board member of Bitcoin Foundation, will also be there.
Maybe it's a good time to talk with him and see if there is any chance for BTCCHINA to add BTSX/BitUSD/BitCNY.

http://insidebitcoins.com/las-vegas/speakers/#bobbylee

Offline Riverhead

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
I'll pay anything for a shirt, looking forward to letting everyone in Las Vegas know what camp I'm in.  It'll be great to show everyone at Vegas just how big our camp is.

So just let me know, (and everyone in a pinned thread or something) in case I miss it on a thread, or anything.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Nice to see so many people of the community go there... may I suggest:

- To all wear the SAME teeshirt (not the killed bank one please .. maybe more neutral one)
 - get some stickers to put them everywhere .. (toiletts, public transportations, restaurants, lobbies ... blablabla)
 - why not prepare some QR code with preloaded 5BTSX and hand them to people!?
 - please print ALOT of handouts which contain our (cass's) info graphics about introduction, TITAN, the fee flow and lots of links to the community

I am pretty sure that there will not only be suits but also some crypto nerds we can attract .. or is all of this interpreted as too aggressive by others?

This is a really good idea (except for the stickers on everything :) ). Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."

Love it  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am ready pay for 50% of the new batch (like 5-7 pieces)(in bitUSD of course), if they can be delivered to the I3 offices before 5th of October. Better quality will be nice, but I personally, would not mind anything that says 'Bitshares' as long as there are no killings involved (bank or otherwise)... (size large and extra-large)...
@tonyk: I'll pay you a half of your order .. no need to take that alone :) ... +5% for the idea!
That's all I need to hear guys I will get something worked up and make sure it can be done on time.do we want a collared shirt or a tee, and do we just want it to have the logo across the breast, anything on back?

I like  Riverhead's idea -"ask me anything", but am fine with anything else (including nothing on the back), as I said.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:26:17 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I am ready pay for 50% of the new batch (like 5-7 pieces)(in bitUSD of course), if they can be delivered to the I3 offices before 5th of October. Better quality will be nice, but I personally, would not mind anything that says 'Bitshares' as long as there are no killings involved (bank or otherwise)... (size large and extra-large)...
@tonyk: I'll pay you a half of your order .. no need to take that alone :) ... +5% for the idea!
That's all I need to hear guys I will get something worked up and make sure it can be done on time.do we want a collared shirt or a tee, and do we just want it to have the logo across the breast, anything on back?

Offline Riverhead

Ditto - I'll throw in as well.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

- To all wear the SAME teeshirt (not the killed bank one please .. maybe more neutral one)
 - get some stickers to put them everywhere .. (toiletts, public transportations, restaurants, lobbies ... blablabla)
 - please print ALOT of handouts which contain our (cass's) info graphics about introduction, TITAN, the fee flow and lots of links to the community

I am pretty sure that there will not only be suits but also some crypto nerds we can attract .. or is all of this interpreted as too aggressive by others?

This is a really good idea (except for the stickers on everything :) ). Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."

I want to make sure I can buy wear one there - anything that  says Bitshares prominently works for me, other than the bank killing one.
If you do not plan to bring T-shirts, I would like to pay for one in advance (using bitUSD of course), please PM me the account.
If I had a design soonish and we had a order for at least 12 I could do another run. Maybe something a little more classy wit a collar? Shoot me a pm if you are seriously interested in getting the idea off the ground, But we got to act fast to make sure they are done and shipped to everyone in time.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
the QR codes are easy and quickly made ... filling them up with funds might take some time unless BM publishes an rpc call for multi transactions ...

pimping the wallet to read QR codes for easier import of private keys might also take some time, but when we decide to do this, that issue should be moved WAY up the todo list

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

I want to make sure I can buy wear one there - anything that  says Bitshares prominently works for me, other than the bank killing one.
If you do not plan to bring T-shirts, I would like to pay for one in advance (using bitUSD of course), please PM me the account.
If I had a design soonish and we had a order for at least 12 I could do another run. Maybe something a little more classy wit a collar? Shoot me a pm if you are seriously interested in getting the idea off the ground, But we got to act fast to make sure they are done and shipped to everyone in time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
This FREE beer asset idea is neat.  How do you 'pass' the free beer to interested participants?

Unfortunate it is not 'free beer', it is 'free as in beer'.
Otherwise we would have had enough demand...
lol .. yhea :)

I thought about a classical QR-code private key for an address that is preloaded with some FREE and maybe 1 BTSX to register an account ..
QR-code private key works the same as in bitcoin .. (almost)

lol.. I did not notice 'as in beer'.  I must have been dreaming of a cool beer drink.  QR-code is easy to use. Can this be implemented in time?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This FREE beer asset idea is neat.  How do you 'pass' the free beer to interested participants?

Unfortunate it is not 'free beer', it is 'free as in beer'.
Otherwise we would have had enough demand...
lol .. yhea :)

I thought about a classical QR-code private key for an address that is preloaded with some FREE and maybe 1 BTSX to register an account ..
QR-code private key works the same as in bitcoin .. (almost)