Author Topic: Dan Larimer to be Keynote Speaker at Inside Bitcoins in Vegas  (Read 16748 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
as some of you might have noticed ... i registered an asset .. at the beginnign of btsx ..
it's called 'FREE' ... free as in beer (description)

I thought we can maybe use this for a marketing campaing .. something viral ..
my thought would be to preload some addresses and print the private keys in QR format onto a flyer for las vegas ..
i'd preload all of this with say 100 FREE and 0.5 btsx so that these guys can register a name ..
when keeping a copy of the QR codes we do not loose btsx when someone decide not to take them .. (maybe after 6 months or so)
if we decide to do this, we should probably ask the devs to add some QR-code
related features to the GUI .. and also .. transactions to multiple addresses
.. so that I don't need to pay1000BTSX transaction fees

This FREE beer asset idea is neat.  How do you 'pass' the free beer to interested participants?

Unfortunate it is not 'free beer', it is 'free as in beer'.
Otherwise we would have had enough demand...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
as some of you might have noticed ... i registered an asset .. at the beginnign of btsx ..

my thought would be to preload some addresses and print the private keys in QR format onto a flyer for las vegas ..
i'd preload all of this with say 100 FREE and 0.5 btsx so that these guys can register a name ..
when keeping a copy of the QR codes we do not loose btsx when someone decide not to take them .. (maybe after 6 months or so)

This FREE beer asset idea is neat.  How do you 'pass' the free beer to interested participants?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Nice to see so many people of the community go there... may I suggest:

- To all wear the SAME teeshirt (not the killed bank one please .. maybe more neutral one)
 - get some stickers to put them everywhere .. (toiletts, public transportations, restaurants, lobbies ... blablabla)
 - why not prepare some QR code with preloaded 5BTSX and hand them to people!?
 - please print ALOT of handouts which contain our (cass's) info graphics about introduction, TITAN, the fee flow and lots of links to the community

I am pretty sure that there will not only be suits but also some crypto nerds we can attract .. or is all of this interpreted as too aggressive by others?

- To all wear the SAME teeshirt (not the killed bank one please .. maybe more neutral one)
 - get some stickers to put them everywhere .. (toiletts, public transportations, restaurants, lobbies ... blablabla)
 - please print ALOT of handouts which contain our (cass's) info graphics about introduction, TITAN, the fee flow and lots of links to the community

I am pretty sure that there will not only be suits but also some crypto nerds we can attract .. or is all of this interpreted as too aggressive by others?

This is a really good idea (except for the stickers on everything :) ). Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."

I want to make sure I can buy wear one there - anything that  says Bitshares prominently works for me, other than the bank killing one.
If you do not plan to bring T-shirts, I would like to pay for one in advance (using bitUSD of course), please PM me the account.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
This is great news and I am sure Dan is going to make a splash. As far as the shirts go they are tongue and cheek and I doubt anyone would be offended, in fact it might start a conversation or two. I will have to check to see if I have some frequent flyer miles left and if the wife will let me leave for vegas for "work".....I am not sure I can even say it with a straight face.

merockstar

I'm looking forward to the party that ensues after I've made enough out of this to travel.

Offline Fox

Great news!  I plan to attend this conference and look forward to connecting with many of you.
Witness: fox

Offline ag

• View Profile
pretty cool that bitsharesX is the first decentralized autonomous bank/exchange in existence. Dan should have a good time. he created something amazing.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Oh, and that reminds me... YES, to get a networking pass to the event is absolutely free. So if you're on a budget but still want to go, just show up and you can walk around the event all days for nothing.   Most of the action takes place in networking and meeting outside the speaker rooms anyway... heck, that's how i met Dan and got started with this whole thing! B

bitbro

Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."

+5%

Id buy a handful.  Maybe we can put up some of the collared shirts w just logo too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This is a really good idea (except for the stickers on everything :) ).
that really was a joke  8)

Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."
Oh yhea .. that probably goes viral ... very good idea .. I would join this I it could come

Offline Riverhead

This is a really good idea (except for the stickers on everything :) ). Maybe the shirts could say, "BitShares? Just ask me."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Excellent news! Dan is finally starting to get his due. It is so special to have someone leading this project who is both a skilled programmer and an economic visionary. Nice going, Brian.