Author Topic: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.  (Read 65428 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2014, 10:27:21 am »
Is it still profitable mining now?

well, technically it would be.. mining on something that's free.

but it's not worth the trouble.  you'd get maybe a few $ in a month.  like botnet only material nowadays
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2014, 03:56:18 pm »

No at current difficulty

Offline nyse

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2014, 07:51:54 pm »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2014, 08:21:09 am »
ClubVPS worked fine.  The Hong Kong location has a great link (was getting solid 10MB/s international), but alas for a 200GB limit per month.  Israel location was interesting as well.

2 week trial vps you can sign up for @ http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33029/2-week-trial-vps-please-help-us-improving-our-service#latest
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2014, 07:27:02 pm »
haha

here, i'll bust it out again;

https://datasoft.ws/aff.php?aff=513

free24core

"10 left"

it claims this time it's 'unlimited bandwidth'

xeon l5639 which is pretty crap, but..

i guess they never tried to rip me off last time, the service was just junk

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
linode expired, it's  badass too
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:27:26 pm by zvs »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »
hmm, all sorts of cloud trials

here's one, for a month with valid cc, just have to cancel within trial period:

http://www.serverpronto.com/free-cloud.php

1cpu, 1GB RAM, 20gb HD, 5TB transfer

another:

www.softsyshosting.com

HURRY - $90 Free Credit ($15/m For 6 Months) & 25% Additional RAM FREE - Promo Code FLEXICLOUD90 at checkout

Flexi Cloud

1 - 500 Virtual Machines
30GB - 2TB SAS Disk Space
1 - 32 CPU Cores
1.25GB - 64GB ECC REG RAM
500GB - 10TB Premium Bandwidth
Administrator / Root RDP / SSH Access

From $14.95/m (Use Promo Code: FLEXICLOUD90) - ~$0.02/hr

Details || Order

Note: * Free RAM limited to 2GB per order

so essentially that means it'd be their cheapest VPS for 6 months, if you just wanted it to be free since it says the $90 is distributed $15/mo.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:52:18 pm by zvs »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »
You were right about Datasoft or w/e, lol.  For the first two weeks I just piddled around with it, used maybe 50GB upstream.... then around halfway thru the month, I started transferring some files over from another server, and like 15minutes later they took my server down, cause of excessive bandwidth use or something?   Said they'd put it back up, etc.... I said, screw it, just cancel me.   Network was slow, slow, slow.

Anyway,

I haven't read all the fine print on this yet, but clubvps.com has a one month trial with code 1MONTH300 that says:

Promo Code Includes:
Free Month of:
1 Cloud Server Instance up to 100$ value
1000 GB Cloud Block Storage
1000 GB Outgoing Internet Traffic

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »
I would bother referring anyone, datasoft referral program is a scam.

I had about 40$ in earnings and asked how can I cashout, they said a minimum of 50$ is required to cashout. A week later I had collected about 65$ in earnings and when I spoke with them again they said its a 100$. Stupid scammers wouldn't give me my earnings. They then claimed to get credit for your referral purchases they must buy 2 months worth of services. Today my balance is 10 cents, still wondering where did all my earnings go? They took them...

Now They leave me no choice but to scam them in return...see their little promo that has been going on for quite some time? Well I abused it and literally got over 40 servers from them for a month for FREE!

Take that datasoft...your servers are shit too, awful just awful performance for a 24 core dedicated server.

haha, well, I guess it would be for a penny.  I guess they can't install OS'es themselves, all they let me choose from is windows (server 2003?) and centos, so I took windows.

I asked for IPMI access so I could install my own OS but I suppose you can't do that either

btw,

that's speedtest-cli from wable dallas vps =p

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 07:09:07 am »
I would bother referring anyone, datasoft referral program is a scam.

I had about 40$ in earnings and asked how can I cashout, they said a minimum of 50$ is required to cashout. A week later I had collected about 65$ in earnings and when I spoke with them again they said its a 100$. Stupid scammers wouldn't give me my earnings. They then claimed to get credit for your referral purchases they must buy 2 months worth of services. Today my balance is 10 cents, still wondering where did all my earnings go? They took them...

Now They leave me no choice but to scam them in return...see their little promo that has been going on for quite some time? Well I abused it and literally got over 40 servers from them for a month for FREE!

Take that datasoft...your servers are shit too, awful just awful performance for a 24 core dedicated server.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:07 pm »
All Our Customers can have 3 free servers from us NOW, Dediacted Server, Cloud Server and Website Hosting Service.

Greetings!

We are happy to announce that Datasoft Networks is now offering one month FREE for the following three Services. All customers can claim all three free Servers/Services.

Please note Virtual Money Mining not allowed on these free servers. You need to take full rent Dediacted Server to do Virtual Money mining

We are offering a 5 GB Disk Space and 250 GB Bandwidth Website Hosting Service for only $2.99 a month. First Month FREE.
Please Click Here for more Details: http://datasoft.ws/ds_webadvnt.php And order here: http://datasoft.ws/ds_webbasic.php

We are offering a 2 Core 2 GB Unlimited Bandwidth Cloud Server for only $7.00 a month. First Month FREE.
Please Click Here for more Details: http://datasoft.ws/ds_cloudadv.php And order here: http://datasoft.ws/ds_cloudservers2.php

We are offering a 100% Dedicated 24 Core 8 GB Dell PowerEdge C1100 Unlimited Bandwidth Server for only $69.00 a month. First Month FREE.
Please Click Here for more Details: http://datasoft.ws/ds_dedadv.php And order here: http://datasoft.ws/ds_plusdedicated.php

Visit www.datasoft.ws for details or E-Mail us to support@datasoft.ws
Thanks, Datasoft Networks Inc. 18118 Chesterfield Airport Rd Suite K Chesterfield MO 63005 USA

-----------------

They will be out of stock any minute now.  I took one of the 24 core Windows 2003 servers (they said they were 'out' of Ubuntu).

It charges paypal one cent and is non-recurring.

use my referral link if you're feeling generous:

https://datasoft.ws/aff.php?aff=513
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:59:58 pm by zvs »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2014, 07:07:32 am »
I have not tried this myself, but:

http://www.softlayer.com/info/free-cloud

To order your public cloud instance FREE for one month, just complete the following form.

CPU   1 x 2.0 GHz Core
RAM   1 GB
Storage   25 GB (LOCAL)
Public Bandwidth   5000 GB Bandwidth
Primary IP Addresses   1 IP Address
Uplink Port Speeds   100 Mbps Public & Private Networks
Monthly Charge*   $29.00
Promotional Discount*   -$29.00
First Month*   $0.00

* Taxes and additional charges might apply and will be shown on confirmation page. Promotional offer valid for new customers only, for a CloudLayer Computing public cloud instance in any SoftLayer data center excluding DAL01, and any related taxes or charges for one calendar month. Valid credit card required for authorization. Card will be charged for additional months of service if cloud server is not cancelled within one month of activation.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »
My BBB process w/ Google is done.  Not sure how long it'll take for them to censor out all the bits of my complaint & post it... it dropped google's rating from a B- to a C-, though

i need to talk to a  lawyer, but i think probably what I'll end up doing is just filing a $2,000 small claims case in Austin, Tx (they have a branch there so i wouldnt have to drive to california)

i'm going to skip the DA mediation, doesn't seem useful to me, given all the records I have from my bbb complaint.  the fact that they're sending me advertisements for their cloud services is the reason why i'm going to consult with an attorney.  i don't recall signing up for that.. it may have been one of the conditions of receiving their $2,000 trial offer,  which I never received

it's essentially bait & switch advertising

ed: oh, i've changed my mind & will probably go through with the sunnyvale DA.. except I'm changing my desired resolution to receiving the cash equivalent of the trial offer, $2,000
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:02:48 pm by zvs »

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2014, 01:40:14 pm »
Just a note guys, server4you stopped responding to my support ticket. Ever since their website went down for about a day (its online now) things changed. I tried getting another server and paid for but still nothing yet. Its been almost 3 days.

Just warning, try not to use your CC but maybe a PayPal account in case they charge and don't deliver.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:34 am »
Oh and one more thing I noticed but at datasoft, it seems they allow mining but only on the dedicated servers you rent. Thats pretty good news since their dedicated servers are not so expensive. You'll need to mine 8 PTS in 30 days to breakeven.
in regard to datasoft, it looks like all they have is the 5639's?  $79 for 8GB, $109 for 16GB.  they're cheaper at www.servercomplete.com, $69 for 5639 w/ 24GB of RAM.  or Datashack's $74 for same thing..  wholesaleinternet has it w/ 8 GB of ram for $69.

I think the haswell's on seflow.it or some of hetzner's auctions are better, though

though i'm not sure if any are actually profitable, w/ all the gpu farming now

i get 514 cpm on a 5639 w/ 512kb ram threads....  it's around 670 on a 5650 w/ 1gb threads

using all 8 threads on a 4770 haswell would be faster than the 5639

oh, and google responded to my complaint, did I say that yet?   so now the BBB site says 'Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, one complaint is unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.' .. but I'm delaying sending my packet to DA, since they have until feb 28th to reply

they said they stopped issuing the free credits because people were abusing it to mine cryptocurrencies, which was against their ToS.  I don't recall seeing that in their ToS.  my application itself said that I was going to use my trial credits to farm cryptocurrencies.  i've got a printout of that as well.  if it's against their ToS, they shouldnt have accepted my application.  if they do give me credit and then suspend my account for mining cryptocurrencies, then they'd be open to a small claims dispute.  the ToS I agreed to isn't the same as the ToS that they have now,

oh, my response was along the lines of how they failed to uphold their end of the contract, and what other people were doing is irrelevant

update:  checked an i7-4770 that I've been running 8 threads @ 1GB of RAM for the last 24 hrs or so, was at 710cpm

Datasoft servers aren't that good, I would only use it with the free month promo, server4you 98$ server gives more hashpower than the 24 cores on datasoft.

Google doesn't allow mining but yet doesn't mention it in their TOS, strange for a billion dollar company to mess that up. I never got the credits and I stated in my application that I would be using it for educational purposes (taking network engineering in school) so was not lying but they still didn't give me anything.