Author Topic: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.  (Read 65429 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2014, 01:51:58 pm »
Oh and one more thing I noticed but at datasoft, it seems they allow mining but only on the dedicated servers you rent. Thats pretty good news since their dedicated servers are not so expensive. You'll need to mine 8 PTS in 30 days to breakeven.
in regard to datasoft, it looks like all they have is the 5639's?  $79 for 8GB, $109 for 16GB.  they're cheaper at www.servercomplete.com, $69 for 5639 w/ 24GB of RAM.  or Datashack's $74 for same thing..  wholesaleinternet has it w/ 8 GB of ram for $69.

I think the haswell's on seflow.it or some of hetzner's auctions are better, though

though i'm not sure if any are actually profitable, w/ all the gpu farming now

i get 514 cpm on a 5639 w/ 512kb ram threads....  it's around 670 on a 5650 w/ 1gb threads

using all 8 threads on a 4770 haswell would be faster than the 5639

oh, and google responded to my complaint, did I say that yet?   so now the BBB site says 'Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, one complaint is unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.' .. but I'm delaying sending my packet to DA, since they have until feb 28th to reply

they said they stopped issuing the free credits because people were abusing it to mine cryptocurrencies, which was against their ToS.  I don't recall seeing that in their ToS.  my application itself said that I was going to use my trial credits to farm cryptocurrencies.  i've got a printout of that as well.  if it's against their ToS, they shouldnt have accepted my application.  if they do give me credit and then suspend my account for mining cryptocurrencies, then they'd be open to a small claims dispute.  the ToS I agreed to isn't the same as the ToS that they have now,

oh, my response was along the lines of how they failed to uphold their end of the contract, and what other people were doing is irrelevant

update:  checked an i7-4770 that I've been running 8 threads @ 1GB of RAM for the last 24 hrs or so, was at 710cpm
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:18:48 pm by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline krpetrov

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:10 am »
There is another "free" dedicated server trial, but I haven't tried this one myself and I've seen some complaints about it on webhostingtalk, but:

First off, there is this one, but I don't think you should use it?  unless you actually got the email about it.  I think only people that have an account there but have never gotten a server from there got this promo email.  It may work for everyone, though.  I'm not sure.

http://www.server4you.com/root-server/special-offer.php

here's the general free server offer, with servers that aren't as good:

https://order.server4you.com/pages/dedicated/index.php

The "Ecoserver Large" or "Ecoserver Big", the first month is free.  There are a few people that complained they got billed on webhostingtalk, but some others posting that they completed it fine.

I suspect even if you did get billed, you'd be able to get the money back either via support tickets (or even a chargeback).  My guess is that there are  maybe a handful of complainers and 100's that completed it w/ no problems..

**WARNING**

They tried charging my credit card for the full price of the server, luckily I had a VCC with only 2$ on it. Not sure if its just a glitch since my server is still online but emailed support asking about this issue. My server is still working.

Same problem with me! Tried to contact support buy still no answer.

I still wait for an explanation from support?!

Give abit they'll reply eventually telling you that its a mistake and your credit card has not been charged. Even if your charged and they don't refund you just open a dispute with your bank explaining the issue. Make sure to take a screenshot of the page that says the server is free for the first month incase they remove it. You can provide that with proof to your bank incase they don't refund you if they charged you full price.

It is ok now. Received an apology from support explaining that the invoice was send by mistake.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2014, 12:30:03 am »
There is another "free" dedicated server trial, but I haven't tried this one myself and I've seen some complaints about it on webhostingtalk, but:

First off, there is this one, but I don't think you should use it?  unless you actually got the email about it.  I think only people that have an account there but have never gotten a server from there got this promo email.  It may work for everyone, though.  I'm not sure.

The "Ecoserver Large" or "Ecoserver Big", the first month is free.  There are a few people that complained they got billed on webhostingtalk, but some others posting that they completed it fine.

I suspect even if you did get billed, you'd be able to get the money back either via support tickets (or even a chargeback).  My guess is that there are  maybe a handful of complainers and 100's that completed it w/ no problems..

**WARNING**

They tried charging my credit card for the full price of the server, luckily I had a VCC with only 2$ on it. Not sure if its just a glitch since my server is still online but emailed support asking about this issue. My server is still working.

Give abit they'll reply eventually telling you that its a mistake and your credit card has not been charged. Even if your charged and they don't refund you just open a dispute with your bank explaining the issue. Make sure to take a screenshot of the page that says the server is free for the first month incase they remove it. You can provide that with proof to your bank incase they don't refund you if they charged you full price.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline krpetrov

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »

**WARNING**

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2014, 02:34:15 pm »

**WARNING**

Ok got a reply from them, seems to be a mistake:

Thank you for informing us.
The invoice was issued by mistake, we have now canceled this invoice and it will clear from the notification on your customer interface within 48 hours.

No payment was made for this invoice.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Oh and one more thing I noticed but at datasoft, it seems they allow mining but only on the dedicated servers you rent. Thats pretty good news since their dedicated servers are not so expensive. You'll need to mine 8 PTS in 30 days to breakeven.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:48:05 pm by smokim11 »

Offline krpetrov

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2014, 08:07:40 am »

**WARNING**

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 04:57:21 am »

**WARNING**

Yeah, that place seemed a bit shady from reading webhostingtalk.  No complaints about the burst.net offer, though.

I *think* the ppl complaining said they got their money back but I guess a lot of people might not even bother (or notice)... which is why they do it
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2014, 10:17:08 pm »

**WARNING**

Offline krpetrov

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2014, 09:06:13 am »
Nice find. Working like a charm! 8)

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 02:36:16 am »

Great find, just ordered a serer the start server (4 core-16GB RAM for 99$/month).

Its free for the first month but remember they charge 2$ to verify your payment and to make sure it has money in it  ;)

I used my VCC that had 2$ on it. In case they try charging for a full month they will fail. Just a precaution. Used my real info and all.

Will update when I get my login details and add it to the first post with a few notes to make sure you don't get charged extra.

Note to everyone: entropay.com is the way to go with VCCs if you don't to share your real CC info and personal info.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2014, 08:38:36 am »

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 07:56:48 am »
Thanks, nice find. Added to the main post.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2014, 04:00:08 am »
That solves my problem, gonna test it out.

Google 2000$ promo was bullshit, they said in Jan they will re-open it but nothing happened.

Did you get the acceptance letter?  They didn't answer my BBB complaint so now the district attorney of sunnyvale, CA is involved (bait & switch fraudulent advertising).

I didn't get anything at all, when emailed me 2 months about waiting till Jan I knew they were full of shit.

Oh datasoft free month promo is back on just got an email from them about it.

@therapy thanks for the links will add that to the main post.

If adding stuff like promo free VPS, burst.net has promo free dedicated server for new customer:

https://service.burst.net/cart.php?gid=16

you have to put in CC info of course, but it's not hard to cancel it "in time"..   i had no issues (you dont have to set up a recurring paypal payment).   I think they do take that $1 setup fee, but that's it

I used the Q6600, the two better ones, I never saw available

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2014, 12:36:32 am »
That solves my problem, gonna test it out.

Google 2000$ promo was bullshit, they said in Jan they will re-open it but nothing happened.

Did you get the acceptance letter?  They didn't answer my BBB complaint so now the district attorney of sunnyvale, CA is involved (bait & switch fraudulent advertising).

I didn't get anything at all, when emailed me 2 months about waiting till Jan I knew they were full of shit.

Oh datasoft free month promo is back on just got an email from them about it.

@therapy thanks for the links will add that to the main post.

Offline therapy

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »
List of free trial vps accounts for mining

http://cryptocurrency-mining.blogspot.com