Author Topic: Inconsistent Balances  (Read 2643 times)

Offline bytemaster

I have no idea which is right.  Often the transaction balance is zero or negative for me so that one is obviously wrong. Whats the percent difference with a negative number?  Infinity% wouldn't be enough. :)

I just found a 3rd incorrect balance, when I tried to transfer to myself the error log lists an available balance that is different from both the main and transaction balance and also incorrect.

The wallet balance cache has some bugs I have identified.  The "accurate" balance is "wallet_account_balance" as returned from the command line.  All other balances calculations are potentially wrong.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

I have no idea which is right.  Often the transaction balance is zero or negative for me so that one is obviously wrong. Whats the percent difference with a negative number?  Infinity% wouldn't be enough. :)

I just found a 3rd incorrect balance, when I tried to transfer to myself the error log lists an available balance that is different from both the main and transaction balance and also incorrect. 

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
for me neither of the balances is correct...
xeroc posted this under github https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/769  not yet resolved but devs know...

Which balance is closer to the true balance? For me, there's about a 20% difference between the two.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
The balance that displays when I send or receive a transaction (to the right of fees) is different than the balance that displays in the blue banner at the top (next to estimated yield). There is about a 20% difference.

An earlier version of the client had a bug that corrupted some of the meta-data associated with some of your transactions.   Look through your transaction history for transactions where the amount transferred was "0" then use "wallet_scan_transaction TRX_ID true"   to correct it.

I have the same issue, although this did not fix it for me.

I have many "TO UNKNOWN" transactions that remove from my balance. using "wallet_scan_transaction TRX_ID true" doesn't fix.
I presume these are market orders that were placed, canceled, but never returned?

transaction detail:
Code: [Select]
{"type":"short_op_type","data":{"amount":xxxxxxx,"short_index":{"order_price":{"ratio":"0.00303030303030303","quote_asset_id":22,"base_asset_id":0}

Yeah it never resolved for me either. Which balance is the correct one for you? The one in transaction history or the main balance in the upper right?

for me neither of the balances is correct...
xeroc posted this under github https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/769  not yet resolved but devs know...

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
The balance that displays when I send or receive a transaction (to the right of fees) is different than the balance that displays in the blue banner at the top (next to estimated yield). There is about a 20% difference.

An earlier version of the client had a bug that corrupted some of the meta-data associated with some of your transactions.   Look through your transaction history for transactions where the amount transferred was "0" then use "wallet_scan_transaction TRX_ID true"   to correct it.

I have many "TO UNKNOWN" transactions that remove from my balance. using "wallet_scan_transaction TRX_ID true" doesn't fix.
I presume these are market orders that were placed, canceled, but never returned?

transaction detail:
{"type":"short_op_type","data":{"amount":xxxxxxx,"short_index":{"order_price":{"ratio":"0.00303030303030303","quote_asset_id":22,"base_asset_id":0}

Yeah it never resolved for me either. Which balance is the correct one for you? The one in transaction history or the main balance in the upper right?

Xeldal

transaction detail:

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a way for me to go back in time farther than the "recent history" allows in the GUI?

It should be paginated...

Oh I see the pagination is at the TOP! My bad.  :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
console:
wallet_account_transaction_history [account_name] [asset_symbol] [limit] [start_block_num] [end_block_num]   Lists transaction history for the specified account

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a way for me to go back in time farther than the "recent history" allows in the GUI?

It should be paginated...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline bytemaster

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code