Author Topic: Submit/Vote on Questions: bitsharesx "Delegate Voice Hangout" 15-22 SEP 14  (Read 2872 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm not going to be trying to hold delegates to anything if they don't want to talk about it.  In my eyes, having some anonymous delegates gives the network another element of resilience.
*agreed* .. although I am out for that part already :)

Offline fuzzy

These times don't translate so well to GMT/CET, would have to be either morning birds or night owls.. dno how many delegates are in Europe though
Yeh, unfortunately I am no longer in my "gaming" days...or i'd be on Mumble literally 48 hours straight at times!  However, since I'm not in those gaming days...I have to limit myself and my times to what fits best with my schedule. 

As always, anyone is free to set up their own on the Server if they wish.  Literally anyone.

dno how many delegates are in Europe though
physical location of the machines or location of the admin/maintainer?

This is a good question...I guess both, neither or either.
I'm not going to be trying to hold delegates to anything if they don't want to talk about it.  In my eyes, having some anonymous delegates gives the network another element of resilience.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
dno how many delegates are in Europe though
physical location of the machines or location of the admin/maintainer?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
These times don't translate so well to GMT/CET, would have to be either morning birds or night owls.. dno how many delegates are in Europe though

A lot! I believe like twice as many as from US.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If you want something out of the normal schedule, I will consider it if you contribute to one of the three above causes.  :)

For those who offer this, I will gladly schedule a time with you (no more than the 20 minutes given anyone else, however).

Oh, and btw, anyone can go into the Mumble Server and give their own little intro...tape it and when you end it you have the audio recording.  Send it to BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com and I will send it in.

You can put such recordings together/between mumble sessions.
This should drive some interest from delegates (if not right away, at least in the future), imo.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:52:25 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

If you want something out of the normal schedule, I will consider it if you contribute to one of the three above causes.  :)

For those who offer this, I will gladly schedule a time with you (no more than the 20 minutes given anyone else, however).

Oh, and btw, anyone can go into the Mumble Server and give their own little intro...tape it and when you end it you have the audio recording.  Send it to BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com and I will send it in. 

Offline fuzzy

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Any chance of earlier meetups? Even if it's at the weekends? GMT timezone here - t'is a bit difficult to keep in sync with you guys :P

Offline fuzzy

I have taken the time and made a decision to organize and (help) run a Delegate Hangout for all delegates who want to attend over the course of the next week. 

They will begin Monday and will end the following Sunday--a full 7 days of mayhem.  There will be two halves to each night. 
  • The first half will be from 9:30PM - 11:30PM EST. 

• We will then break and resume 2:30AM - 4:30AM EST.

This is done to help bring people on from different times.  If these times fit with your schedule, feel free to start your own event and use the Mumble Server Free of Charge, here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0

Delegates will be given 10-15 minutes to answer the top 3 questions asked.  So ask them & vote on them here:  http://www.reddit.com/r/BeyondBitcoinShow/comments/2gdrql/submit_and_vote_on_questions_for_the_bitsharesx/

Delegates will then be given 5 minutes for audience questions...

All of this will be recorded and I will post it to Soundcloud unedited.  Delegates who wish to donate 1%-10%(Max) of their fees to BeyondBitcoinx, bitSapphire or CLains' Donation fund will be given First Slots on the Beyond Bitcoin Slate (as long as you are not doing anything crazy--like funding the Rothschilds).  Sorry if it sounds unfair everyone, but I have to stop paying these volunteers out of pocket! :P

*P.S.  I need a full time volunteer editor for the Multiple Elections we will no doubt have coming up...please consider volunteering!*
*P.S.  I need a volunteer to be a co-moderator (in the case I need to step away from the keyboard during these periods of time...please consider volunteering!*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:38:09 pm by theFuzz »