Author Topic: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results  (Read 35531 times)

Offline Riverhead

Quote from: tonyk

Good to know Riverhead!
 I imported just a few keys but still prefer not to give my AGS to somebody for no reason at all...

Agreed. Unless that someone is me haha 8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:24:19 am by Riverhead »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Better to try and fail then to never try in the first place, thanks for the fun.

Any insight into the next project?

That is very counter intuitive statement... read my posts in this sub-forum... how could this project be a success?

Now back to the priv keys of mine that I imported... they are forever in jeopardy of someone deciding that stealing/using them is the better way to go...

On that note - Is not this easy enough to transfer the AGS donations from the original 'donation from' to a new one?
Your keys aren't "out there" unless this client was compromised and I don't think it was. A malicious dev can't somehow get your private keys unless they release a compromised version and you open your wallet.dat with it and unlock it.

Good to know Riverhead!
 I imported just a few keys but still prefer not to give my AGS to somebody for no reason at all...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Better to try and fail then to never try in the first place, thanks for the fun.

That is very counter intuitive statement... read my posts in this sub-forum... how could this project be a success?

Now back to the priv keys of mine that I imported... they are forever in jeopardy of someone deciding that stealing/using them is the better way to go...

On that note - Is not this easy enough to transfer the AGS donations from the original 'donation from' to a new one?
Your keys aren't "out there" unless this client was compromised and I don't think it was. A malicious dev can't somehow get your private keys unless they release a compromised version and you open your wallet.dat with it and unlock it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

On that note - Is not this easy enough to transfer the AGS donations from the original 'donation from address' to a new address?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:00:17 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
I am curious if the dev fund of lts was left alone or liquidated before this announcement, also the time seems odd as its right before ags/pts share's mature...

Care to comment on how much of the dev fund was cashed out before your announcement freetrade?

Sure. 0.

I was interested in building a successful project, not cashing out a few pennies. My view is that dev talent is scare and best redirected away from failed projects rather than throwing new effort at it.

I tried my best and ultimately failed. I can understand why participants might be disappointed, as am I, but personal attacks are unwarranted where hugely ambitious, hugely risky projects fail. I've risked more and lost more than anyone else with this project.

merockstar

lottoshares was an ameteur/hobby product, but that's ok. Who was expecting massive ROI and widespread adoption?

Part of the value of AGS is that it filters out winners and value producers. Don't feel "ripped off", feel vindicated.

I don't feel ripped off by any means. Had the project worked out it very well could have ROI'd and had wider adoption imo.

I was just concerned about my AGS private keys is all. But I'll feel a lot better if FreeTrade keeps responding to this thread.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
lottoshares was an ameteur/hobby product, but that's ok. Who was expecting massive ROI and widespread adoption?

Part of the value of AGS is that it filters out winners and value producers. Don't feel "ripped off", feel vindicated.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

Don't panic. There is only the possibility of keys being compromised. Did you use the Windows binary or build from source? Anyway, FT had good intentions to do this project but has abandoned it for whatever reason. That doesn't mean a trojan key stealer was in the code.

If this was a DAC from someone completely unknown it might be worrisome. I say if yu still have your AGS DNS and after a time Notes you're in the clear because I doubt someone with all the AGS keys would wait around.

I built from source.

FreeTrade: thanks for trying to a create a DAC. sorry it didn't work out.

You have to admit though, as an AGS holder who imported his private keys, it's scary as fuck to see the whole project end so abruptly. Right before people's AGS and PTS airdrops are about to mature. And I kind of feel like your (FT's) rep is solid enough to have long con level of trust, but not so ingratiated that it isn't a disposable identity. It would certainly be tempting, and if it were a scam, this is probably how it would play out. No? Also I saw this thread at 730am, so I panicked easier.

It's reassuring to still see you here communicating though.

EDIT: I hope you don't take what I'm trying to say the wrong way. It sucks to be second guessing yourself after you've decided to place trust in somebody.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:35:19 am by merockstar »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I would hardly view asking a question as a personal attack but if you took it that way I am sorry.

Sorry, no I didn't view your comments as an attack - that was a fair question.

My other comments are better understood as a general response to other participants screaming scam, trojan, dodgy rep, abandonment, etc.  I should have made a separate post for them.

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I am curious if the dev fund of lts was left alone or liquidated before this announcement, also the time seems odd as its right before ags/pts share's mature...

Care to comment on how much of the dev fund was cashed out before your announcement freetrade?

Sure. 0.

I was interested in building a successful project, not cashing out a few pennies. My view is that dev talent is scare and best redirected away from failed projects rather than throwing new effort at it.

I tried my best and ultimately failed. I can understand why participants might be disappointed, as am I, but personal attacks are unwarranted where hugely ambitious, hugely risky projects fail. I've risked more and lost more than anyone else with this project.
I would hardly view asking a question as a personal attack but if you took it that way I am sorry. If you look at the situation objectively, I would hope you can agree that some questions needed to be asked.

I agree that dev talent is very very scarce but the situation highlighted the need for a claiming method other then ags private keys. I had no real stake in LTS and I also understand the words experimental. Thanks for taking the 2 mins to address the concerns of shareholders. Lets call this a dead issue and hopefully we as users have learned something and you as devs will understand that a change must be made.

Offline Riverhead

Interesting. So since Zhangweis is deep into Just Dice Style DAC I wonder what his take is on this. I'll point him to this thread for comment about claiming without inputting private key.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Sure. 0.

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It would be tough because a likely code hack like that would be in the binaries and not checked into GitHub (reason md5 is so important).

Also I can't comment on how ags is stored but since claiming requires a private key i3 doesn't have I doubt anything can be done. Only future snapshots would benefit and since ags snapshot is long in the books....

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. I am worried about anyone who trusted this software or dev with their ags private key.If FT has the private keys of many users who had to use them to claim LTS, it would be a race to claim future DAC's. I don't really care about lts, I didn't have any stake in it other then my ags donation. I am concerned about FT having access to private keys via LTS claiming and his work on future projects.
I hear ya. What I'm saying is the ags private keys are set. Since pts is liquid they can be moved to new keys for future snapshots (like music on the 10th) but any previous snapshots (DNS, BTSX) are cast in stone now so best to claim and move to new keys their respective blockchains so if private keys are compromised the addresses are empty.

I don't think there is anything that can be done for ags holders. However I really doubt the keys are compromised. FT has his issues but I don't believe he'd pull off a massive heist.
I got ya. Yea I understand how the ags keys work and I don't really think this is a setup for the next DAC and he is going to go on this huge claiming spree. I do think all the info pointed out early casts a bit a a shadow on FT, and his past was semi shadowed with he memory coin history( which tbh I never fully understood even after reading much of the orginal thread on BCT).The immediate shutdown of the lts forum without even a message.   

Anyways their is no reason to beat a dead horse. As users and shareholders we should now make a clear DEMAND to stop the use of private keys to claim one's stake. Every DAC that's created. We can all start by asking "how will I have to claim my stake" in the thread of every DAC to send a clear message.     

Offline Riverhead

If you're looking for a DAC to take your mind off LTS then Zhangweis' JDS is looking for testers :)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9758

Offline Riverhead

Don't panic. There is only the possibility of keys being compromised. Did you use the Windows binary or build from source? Anyway, FT had good intentions to do this project but has abandoned it for whatever reason. That doesn't mean a trojan key stealer was in the code.

If this was a DAC from someone completely unknown it might be worrisome. I say if yu still have your AGS DNS and after a time Notes you're in the clear because I doubt someone with all the AGS keys would wait around.