Author Topic: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results  (Read 7145 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Re: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 02:52:23 pm »
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )
Hope nobody made the mistake to share his AGS/PTS keys !!!

That's why we are screaming we need a tool for that exact reason !!!
We don't want expose our AGS/PTS keys to untrusted individuals in future.

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!

Are you saying that he could have recorded all private key inputs of LTS users with the wallet??

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed(or will) the code ensure us that this is not the case?
I just want to make you all think about the possibility's that this can/could happen at some time especially from third party DA Cs and push our DEVs  NOW to give us a tool that eliminate our concerns !
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:15:56 pm by liondani »
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 03:07:36 pm »
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!

Are you saying that he could have recorded all private key inputs of LTS users with the wallet??

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed the code ensure us that this is not the case?
I just want to make you all think about the possibility's that this can/could happen at some time especially from third party DA Cs and push our DEVs  NOW to give us a tool that eliminate our concerns !

Logically speaking I think it could be possible for sure to use a wallet as a kind of "keylogger"...that sucks. Now I'll have to be worried of somebody else holding my private keys only because I liked his DAC...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 03:22:01 pm »

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed the code ensure us that this is not the case?

Logically speaking I think it could be possible for sure to use a wallet as a kind of "keylogger"...that sucks. Now I'll have to be worried of somebody else holding my private keys only because I liked his DAC...

I hope nobody will be worried in the future because we can claim our AGS/PTS without the need to expose our private keys (waiting our devs to solve that)
And it would be great if someone that is trusted can ensure as that the LTS-wallet code was/is ok.
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 03:25:34 pm »
Seems this type of DAC has new life in the Just Dice (JDS) project. From what I can see in github it's gone through 17 dry runs.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9393.msg121814#msg121814

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »
Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

So why don't you think about the possibility to create a dpos lotto coin using the bitshares-toolkit and make a snapshot on LTS (POW) so you can fairly distribute the dpos lottocoins to the current LTS holders ?
Why do you punish everybody that trusted you leaving the project?
Many have invested in this and they loose their investment because... you leave?

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:50 pm »
Given this news why is LTS up 20%? Granted, it's 20% of a very small number but someone is buying up LTS.

https://bter.com/trade/lts_btc

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »
Given this news why is LTS up 20%? Granted, it's 20% of a very small number but someone is buying up LTS.

This is just because the trading volume is inexistent and the spread inbetween buy and sell orders is about 20%. So if I now sell 1 LTS on Bter it goes down 20% again. I dumped anyway a few hours back after reading Freetrade's answer to this.

edit: total buy orders left are about 60$...maybe one guy just forgot about his buy order. After that 60$, LTS is dead.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:21:26 pm by CossCrypto »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »
First MMC now LTS... I doubt anyone will learn to trust this dev again.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 04:41:54 pm »
First MMC now LTS... I doubt anyone will learn to trust this dev again.

Hopefully either someone will pick up the project or it'll get snapshotted into Just Dice Style DAC.

Offline GaltReport

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:39 pm »
Kinda thought this would happen when I discovered that the LTS I was "given" couldn't be used....ah, one born every minute I guess.

Online pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 04:53:21 pm »
or it'll get snapshotted into Just Dice Style DAC.

I'd really recommend not snapshotting LTS for anything. Care to guess who's the biggest holder of LTS? Do you want to reward him for this?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline GaltReport

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »

I'd really recommend not snapshotting LTS for anything. Care to guess who's the biggest holder of LTS? Do you want to reward him for this?

ah, good point!

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 05:01:52 pm »

An excellent point.

I do not believe Free Trade is a scammer and had this all planed out from the start. I think he is someone that genuinely wants to finish the projects he starts but his real life makes this impossible (from the little bits I've been able to gather, I do not know him personally).

While the intent was never malicious it should be taken under consideration that if/when he starts another project there is a very high likelihood of it being abandoned and the market needs to price the risk accordingly.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 05:25:20 pm »
I dont believe he's a scammer either but I do believe his rep is damaged enough for people to stop buying into his ideas from this point on. He decided the problems were too hard and give up instead of asking for help if he did I am not aware of that... he moved on to other things and gave up on his communitie(s)... so what makes you think the same thing wouldn't happen with his next project? I don't think he should be given any benefit of any doubt for new projects like he has been given before... I doubt he will do anything new in this space now anyway.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:27:47 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 05:30:15 pm »
When freetrade signed on to do this project many on bitcointalk brought up his history with memory coin I believe it was. I went through the thread some time ago and I remeber thinking to myself it seemed a little shady but not nearly enough evidence to stand on its on. How ever when you put that and now this into play we have a dev who just at best case circumstances was "at the wrong place at the wrong time" so to speak.  My biggest concern now is:

1."30% will be targeted at the public addresses of individuals who can be helpful to LottoShares DAC (devs, exchanges, service providers, marketeers etc - email [email protected] to make a pitch, full list to be provided at launch)" https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4691.0 
"10% will be proportionally distributed to MemoryCoin (MMC) holders (Block #39,983)" a project he worked as a dev before, please read the thread and notice their mature date is the first on the list and much before ags/pts would have had access to their funds.
2. private keys were used to claim lts holdings and it is not far fetched to think that freetrade my now have anyone's private keys who claimed ags/pts. pts not being much of a problem becasue funds can be moved but ags.......
3.Future projects he is working on. While the above is circumstantial when you put it all together it looks, not favorable.

I for one do not want to see the above dev working on any I3 projects until the nature of this flaw is explored by someone who understands code and a little explaining is done on the devs part as to how much lts he claimed and sold before "announcing" a fatal blow to lts.

*Please note I have not used the words fraud or scammer I am merely saying hey lets take a closer look at this because its odd and if indeed he is up to something we should obviously not have him working on future projects. This also highlights the immediate need to have a system other then submitting of private keys.