Author Topic: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results  (Read 35543 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Guys, "tool" just means whenever someone releases a DAC to check for signed message instead of asking for private key when importing. That's it! Possibly even a one line change in the code. I am really shocked DNS didn't implement that. Should be extremely easy to do.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I have read that too.

I hope until then nothing really bad happens and everything crashes because then I will have spent 1 year of my life for nothing and be left keeping the bag as usual...

I have also read it and it was briefly mentioned when lts was launched. However when keyid was launched to claim ags we had to import private keys again. 

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I have read that too.

I hope until then nothing really bad happens and everything crashes because then I will have spent 1 year of my life for nothing and be left keeping the bag as usual...

Offline Riverhead

I have read I3 is working on a tool to safely claim shares in new dacs

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Suddenly I feel very reassured that I haven't used my AGS to claim any LTS...

We need something to securely claim shares from AGS at some point.

I haven't even claimed BTSX,DNS from AGS yet since I don't feel comfortable with the current clients, plus I am here for the looooonnnnggggg run even if I am missing a lot of trading opportunities...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
When freetrade signed on to do this project many on bitcointalk brought up his history with memory coin I believe it was. I went through the thread some time ago and I remeber thinking to myself it seemed a little shady but not nearly enough evidence to stand on its on. How ever when you put that and now this into play we have a dev who just at best case circumstances was "at the wrong place at the wrong time" so to speak.  My biggest concern now is:

1."30% will be targeted at the public addresses of individuals who can be helpful to LottoShares DAC (devs, exchanges, service providers, marketeers etc - email memorycoincc@gmail.com to make a pitch, full list to be provided at launch)" https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4691.0 
"10% will be proportionally distributed to MemoryCoin (MMC) holders (Block #39,983)" a project he worked as a dev before, please read the thread and notice their mature date is the first on the list and much before ags/pts would have had access to their funds.
2. private keys were used to claim lts holdings and it is not far fetched to think that freetrade my now have anyone's private keys who claimed ags/pts. pts not being much of a problem becasue funds can be moved but ags.......
3.Future projects he is working on. While the above is circumstantial when you put it all together it looks, not favorable.

I for one do not want to see the above dev working on any I3 projects until the nature of this flaw is explored by someone who understands code and a little explaining is done on the devs part as to how much lts he claimed and sold before "announcing" a fatal blow to lts.

*Please note I have not used the words fraud or scammer I am merely saying hey lets take a closer look at this because its odd and if indeed he is up to something we should obviously not have him working on future projects. This also highlights the immediate need to have a system other then submitting of private keys.
+5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
When freetrade signed on to do this project many on bitcointalk brought up his history with memory coin I believe it was. I went through the thread some time ago and I remeber thinking to myself it seemed a little shady but not nearly enough evidence to stand on its on. How ever when you put that and now this into play we have a dev who just at best case circumstances was "at the wrong place at the wrong time" so to speak.  My biggest concern now is:

1."30% will be targeted at the public addresses of individuals who can be helpful to LottoShares DAC (devs, exchanges, service providers, marketeers etc - email memorycoincc@gmail.com to make a pitch, full list to be provided at launch)" https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4691.0 
"10% will be proportionally distributed to MemoryCoin (MMC) holders (Block #39,983)" a project he worked as a dev before, please read the thread and notice their mature date is the first on the list and much before ags/pts would have had access to their funds.
2. private keys were used to claim lts holdings and it is not far fetched to think that freetrade my now have anyone's private keys who claimed ags/pts. pts not being much of a problem becasue funds can be moved but ags.......
3.Future projects he is working on. While the above is circumstantial when you put it all together it looks, not favorable.

I for one do not want to see the above dev working on any I3 projects until the nature of this flaw is explored by someone who understands code and a little explaining is done on the devs part as to how much lts he claimed and sold before "announcing" a fatal blow to lts.

*Please note I have not used the words fraud or scammer I am merely saying hey lets take a closer look at this because its odd and if indeed he is up to something we should obviously not have him working on future projects. This also highlights the immediate need to have a system other then submitting of private keys.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I dont believe he's a scammer either but I do believe his rep is damaged enough for people to stop buying into his ideas from this point on. He decided the problems were too hard and give up instead of asking for help if he did I am not aware of that... he moved on to other things and gave up on his communitie(s)... so what makes you think the same thing wouldn't happen with his next project? I don't think he should be given any benefit of any doubt for new projects like he has been given before... I doubt he will do anything new in this space now anyway.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:27:47 pm by jsidhu »

Offline Riverhead

or it'll get snapshotted into Just Dice Style DAC.

I'd really recommend not snapshotting LTS for anything. Care to guess who's the biggest holder of LTS? Do you want to reward him for this?

An excellent point.

I do not believe Free Trade is a scammer and had this all planed out from the start. I think he is someone that genuinely wants to finish the projects he starts but his real life makes this impossible (from the little bits I've been able to gather, I do not know him personally).

While the intent was never malicious it should be taken under consideration that if/when he starts another project there is a very high likelihood of it being abandoned and the market needs to price the risk accordingly.

Offline GaltReport

I'd really recommend not snapshotting LTS for anything. Care to guess who's the biggest holder of LTS? Do you want to reward him for this?

ah, good point!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline GaltReport

Kinda thought this would happen when I discovered that the LTS I was "given" couldn't be used....ah, one born every minute I guess.

Offline Riverhead

First MMC now LTS... I doubt anyone will learn to trust this dev again.

Hopefully either someone will pick up the project or it'll get snapshotted into Just Dice Style DAC.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
First MMC now LTS... I doubt anyone will learn to trust this dev again.