Author Topic: how to move up the standby delegate list?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline minty

• View Profile

Offline svk

For the technical part: Yes the client must be running 24/7, and yes your ntp_time_error is a problem. You need to install an ntp daemon that will keep your computer's time synchronized and correct. On Ubuntu this can be done by installing the ntp service: sudo apt-get install ntp. Btw I don't think it's recommended to run a delegate via the GUI, the best way to do it is via the command line interface using Linux on a VPS.

As for moving up the list, you will need people to vote for you, and for that you need to market yourself. You can provide a service such as a blog promoting Bitshares for example, but basically you need to provide a reason for people to vote for you.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline minty

• View Profile
I have created and paid a fee for registering as a delegate more than 2 weeks ago.
I have also tried to vote for myself both as Random subset and Recommended.
I am still on the standby list in the 700 range - page 7.
How can I advance up the standby list?
I am not online with the client 24/7 - is that a must?
I can see in the getinfo that my ntp_time_error is -5.002 - is that a reason for not advancing? If so how can I improve the ntp?

I think I have googled and read all there is about how to setup as a delegate but I must say that there is no real good step-by-step tut on how to do it via the gui. Or am I missing a link? Some info is avail about diff commands and so forth - but I really miss a good step tut.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:06:51 am by minty »