Author Topic: Can we just move PTS to DPoS?  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Re: Can we just move PTS to DPoS?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »
Let the dev's focus on BTSX for the time being while all 2 million PTS are mined.  While it would be nice to have it tied in at the moment it is not the best usage of the dev's limited time.

Offline testz

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 06:52:51 am »

Any word on whether anyone has forked a generic BTS Toolkit? I assume this is relatively simple to do, and I would think the DNS and Vote DACs had to do this already. I'm really suspicious about why this is taking so long...

As you probably remember... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7097.msg94912#msg94912

testz - I guess I assumed this would be your primary responsibility. Are you working on this, or will you be waiting until toast or some other DAC developer does it? Invictus already stated they will not be doing this. Not much guidance on who is responsible for this, other than "wait and see."

As I written before, unfortunately I'm not familiar with BitShares toolkit, and can't move PTS to it (sure I can try, but probably as you, I prefer wait and get proper and 100% working PTS on DPOS).
But I can and I will support all other things except PTS DPOS development, like alerting exchanges, launch support, nodes, changes of coinmarketcap.com, etc.

This is why I'm waiting for toast, but as toast says, if someone from our community has enough knowledge and can make PTS on toolkit, let's me know, we will start.

I agree with tonyk current PTS doesn't have a problems, the only reason to move to DPOS it's to move from miners and probably PTS holders will get additional value.

BTW, yes, I responsible for current BitShares PTS implementation, nodes, block explorer, problems solving, etc
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:56:20 am by testz »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 04:01:53 am »
For those who still need to get their share of upcoming BitShares DACs, there should be a simple vehicle for doing so. Since AGS ended, that is the sole function of PTS, which is forever embedded in the Social Consensus. Moving it to DPoS would remove the need for mining and presumably make it more effective at holding some value.

EDIT: Plus, if we are telling everyone that DPoS is the best system available, then we should walk the talk with PTS also.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:52:29 pm by donkeypong »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 03:33:59 am »

One of my biggest failings has been to ever understand what is the big problem with this PTS matter...

yehh, cool 'DPOS PTS'... but to what end...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 03:27:06 am »
Nobody is responsible for it. If nobody has done it when I help do the vote proto-dac then I will start that process. Until then anyone is welcome to do it. Please take care to do it smoothly though, like alerting exchanges and such

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 03:08:06 am »
Any word on whether anyone has forked a generic BTS Toolkit? I assume this is relatively simple to do, and I would think the DNS and Vote DACs had to do this already. I'm really suspicious about why this is taking so long...

As you probably remember... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7097.msg94912#msg94912

testz - I guess I assumed this would be your primary responsibility. Are you working on this, or will you be waiting until toast or some other DAC developer does it? Invictus already stated they will not be doing this. Not much guidance on who is responsible for this, other than "wait and see."

Offline testz

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 12:31:49 am »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 12:29:42 am »

Probably because they're all still working out kinks in BitShares X. Once that is set, I think some of the talented developers will be freed up do address other projects.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:12 pm »

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:43 pm »
I imagine a future PTS where the delegates are development teams for new DACs - the fees helping fund the development. Only good can come from this change!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:05 pm »
Do it!!! Please!!!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:14 pm »
this is a question post to move pts to dpos

or pts its affirmation and pts is being switched to dpos¿?

PTS is based on proof of work mining, I'm suggesting we announce a snapshot and move it over to delegated proof of stake.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 04:57:18 pm »
this is a question post to move pts to dpos

or pts its affirmation and pts is being switched to dpos¿?
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »
I just bought some PTS yesterday... would a transition be smooth / would I lose my stake?

100% snapshot of current PTS blockchain ;)

It'll be smooth unless your PTS are on Cryptsy...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

merockstar

Re: Can we just move PTC to DPoS?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:41:02 am »
I just bought some PTS yesterday... would a transition be smooth / would I lose my stake?

100% snapshot of current PTS blockchain ;)