Author Topic: Kehotee ID very expensive?  (Read 12849 times)

Offline kmtan

• View Profile
i think the price is reasonable..

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Hi,

I am very excitted about PTS-Bitshares and Kehotee. I want to pre-order an Kehotee ID but I feel that now 10PTS is very expensive.

Originaly 100 PTS were very easy to acquire for those who know how to mine them and now 10 PTS worth c$80-90 (based on the price that most sellers are willing to sell their PTS).

Unfortunately, I do not have the IT know how neither the appropriate hardware to mine any PTS. Since I have missed the cheap PTS sales the first 3 days they were launched, now I am having difficulties to obtain any although i would want some very much...

I was wondering therefore:

1. Do you plan reducing the 10 PTS price for a Kehotee ID?
2. If not, will 2-3 PTS today for ordering a Kehotee ID will be appreciated and valued as 10 PTS 10 days ago since the price constantly appreciates? I mean at the time of ordering will you value the order at that day's PTS price? Or 2-3 PTS are not enough for a Kehotee ID pre-order? Otherwise obtaining a Kehotee ID for $90 today instead of 10 days ago, doesn't seem very fair and sounds quite expensive. I mean I want to contribute but my contribution of a few PTS in reality is much more valuable than 100 PTS obtained the first day with mining from most people in this forum who have the know how... I understand that in a way mining is your way of contributing but isn't a contribution from a non IT investor who wants to participate to all these equally appreciated? If yes, for this investor to contribute the price that he has to pay is much more than someone who know how to mine them...

Maybe I am missing something so please let me have your comments...

Also, since I am not very IT literate I do not understand the transition from PTS to Bitshares. Will you explain with simple words what a newbie user like me will have to do, how and when?

Also if you can again advise in simple words about the financial benefits of pre-ordering  a Kehotee ID it will be much appreciated. I have read it somewhere but there is so much confusion in my head trying to understand all these so now I am lost...

I can imagine that my above considerations might appear silly but it is really difficult from someone with no IT knowledge (only finance knowledge) to follow you guys, so any explaination with simple wording will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Its not that obtaining Kehotee ID's is expensive its just that you aren't thinking about the long term benefits you will get by being a founder. Hey I didn't get my PTS when they where "cheap" so that is definitely NOT an excuse.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline marx

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ben
Bidding has ended ID  >:(
同道中人。

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile
I finally have 10 PTS is there anyway to get into the Genisis Block or is it too late?

Offline nothin911

• View Profile

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
thx for the mining info Dannotestein,

I am using an old machine - windows vista intel r TM2 quad CPU Q8300 2.5Ghz - 4GB

2 days of mining and I am at about 0.2 pts, so a bit more than initially predicted.  The pc is not doing anything else - other than warming the room a little  :)

If I can do better elsewhere I will definitely look at it.

Used some BTC to obtain some PTS at bter - https://bter.com/ref/16750  (ignore by ref if you like I just have all my links on a spreadsheet) - as I had some left over from an LTC purchase.

So will be getting my ID soon.

cheers

kw

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Unfortunately mining is not really the way to go unless you get lucky - I am currently mining with ypool and by my calc it will take me about 17 weeks at the current rate to get 10 PTS.  So in my book mining is just for fun - never done it before so thought I would have a go.  Tried solo mining but didn't get a sniff.

Just FYI, I"m getting about .4 PTS per day from each of my machines by mining in bytemaster's public pool. Don't know what your machine speed is, of course, so YMMV, but from what you say, you might be able to do better there than ypool.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Good news about the chain offering a way for people to get their ID.

Any idea when it will be launched or has this been posted elsewhere?

Cheers

kw

The genesis block will be launched at midnight GMT on this New Year's Eve.  Read all about it on the front page at invictus-innovations.com then follow the various links you find there.  After launch, ordinary Keyhotee IDs will be issued by the Keyhotee application on a first-come-first-served basis at no cost.

Keyhotee Founder IDs are a special perk for those who make a significant contribution toward building Keyhotee.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
Good news about the chain offering a way for people to get their ID.

Any idea when it will be launched or has this been posted elsewhere?

Cheers

kw

Offline bytemaster

Hi,

Expense is relative - if you have money then the cost of the Kehotee ID is not expensive on the other hand if you are scrapping by then $100 (coin equiv) is a lot.

Unfortunately mining is not really the way to go unless you get lucky - I am currently mining with ypool and by my calc it will take me about 17 weeks at the current rate to get 10 PTS.  So in my book mining is just for fun - never done it before so thought I would have a go.  Tried solo mining but didn't get a sniff.

I have also used BTC faucets etc to get free BTC and then used cloud mining to make it grow a bit - also a slow return but better than nothing.  You can then exchange the BTC for PTS - have previously posted a link (won't do it again just in case not allowed  :)  ).

It is unfortunate that money, or lack thereof, always comes into the equation.

May be Invictus could offer a free draw which would allow people to put their names forward for an ID, which could be drawn at the opening, and say the lucky 10 drawn are able to secure an ID.  If it was a free draw then you wouldn't be able to specify your ID prior to the draw as it would be unfair on those that had purchased or bid for an ID.  This may also be a way to generate interest in the project.

Cheers

kw

Krystal, thanks for your response.  You are most definitely allowed to purchase PTS with BTC and it is highly encouraged compared to mining.   

Those who want 'free' or 'cheap' ids can simply mine their own ID in less than 1 day once we launch the chain and will have a 99.9% chance of getting the name they want.   So there are cheap and easy ways to get your name and a Keyhotee ID in the genesis block with near 0 financial contribution would be no different than the same ID being registered in the very next block.   The point of Keyhotee ID is that you can replace a full year of mining your own ID to improve its investment points with a single $100 purchase today.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
Hi,

Expense is relative - if you have money then the cost of the Kehotee ID is not expensive on the other hand if you are scrapping by then $100 (coin equiv) is a lot.

I have also used BTC faucets etc to get free BTC and then used cloud mining to make it grow a bit - also a slow return but better than nothing.  You can then exchange the BTC for PTS - have previously posted a link (won't do it again just in case not allowed  :)  ).

It is unfortunate that money, or lack thereof, always comes into the equation.

May be Invictus could offer a free draw which would allow people to put their names forward for an ID, which could be drawn at the opening, and say the lucky 10 drawn are able to secure an ID.  If it was a free draw then you wouldn't be able to specify your ID prior to the draw as it would be unfair on those that had purchased or bid for an ID.  This may also be a way to generate interest in the project.

Cheers

kw

Offline bytemaster

Love to get one, unfortunately at 10 PTS, it'll never happen...I've been mining in a pool for a week and haven't even gotten 1 PTS yet.

Agreed, urgently need to consider evaluation, the wealth disparity at such an early stage is too wide at this time, 10 PTS will take closer to 1 month of leaving laptop running, and then my PTS count at 0. it's not feasible for joe public.

It takes about 10 minutes and $100 dollars.    Mining is not the way to get these.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline udeluxe

• View Profile
Love to get one, unfortunately at 10 PTS, it'll never happen...I've been mining in a pool for a week and haven't even gotten 1 PTS yet.

Agreed, urgently need to consider evaluation, the wealth disparity at such an early stage is too wide at this time, 10 PTS will take closer to 1 month of leaving laptop running, and then my PTS count at 0. it's not feasible for joe public.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

when you pay 10 PTS then you are a kehotee Founder and get your ID in th genesis block. Pls read the here to get mor details about

Be a Keyhotee Founder. Contribute something toward building Keyhotee Free Space for everyone else.
Be a Keyhotee Governor.  Contribute mining resources toward securing  Free Space for everyone else.

If you just want a KYHTE ID then you should wait until end of december

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:18:03 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline TBob

• View Profile