Author Topic: New gui in 0.4.15  (Read 1518 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What is the short demand yellow region about in 0.4.15?
Existing short orders not showing in the GUI order book. Due to their non-exorability at the current feed price.

So what is the difference between the range below the 1hr average price (where the yellow is), and the grey Shorts Range? I thought the Shorts Range was where shorters are restricted to.

The following is a wild guess! Plus on my windows machine it is not grey. It is some color that a do not have a term for (that because of me being a male).
In the previous version there was a line for both median price and 1h moving average. Now it is missing, for me at least. This 'grey' area seems to end where said line should be, it seams.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:11:20 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Existing short orders not showing in the GUI order book. Due to their non-exorability at the current feed price.

So what is the difference between the range below the 1hr average price (where the yellow is), and the grey Shorts Range? I thought the Shorts Range was where shorters are restricted to.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Also, my brain cant deal with pricing BitUSD in shares.
I have similar discomfort doing the opposite;
I have to do divisions in my head all the time. I look at coinmarketcap and it shows the cost per share in dollars, which is what Im used to. So I press the Flip Market button to see the dollar price per share, but then the Short BitUSD column is not available. This seems like a bit of an arbitrary restriction.
The GUI regresse a bit in the last version (IMHO) especially for some markets ( BTC/USD comes to mind)

Would it be possible to make the grey characters darker on the white background? Its barely readable. Besides, most trading screens have a white on black background.

Love the new highcharts graph btw :)
Me too.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Also, my brain cant deal with pricing BitUSD in shares. I have to do divisions in my head all the time. I look at coinmarketcap and it shows the cost per share in dollars, which is what Im used to. So I press the Flip Market button to see the dollar price per share, but then the Short BitUSD column is not available. This seems like a bit of an arbitrary restriction.

Would it be possible to make the grey characters darker on the white background? Its barely readable. Besides, most trading screens have a white on black background.

Love the new highcharts graph btw :)