Author Topic: Tips for getting into Top 101  (Read 2306 times)

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
Thanks alec for the input.

Currently my payrate is set at 75%.  Once I get an idea of any earnings I would receive, I plan to lower this.  I'm not in this to make money.  Any earnings would go to 2 things.  One is running my delegate.  The other would be introducing new users to Bitshares.  I find the best way to get people involved is to give them an amount of Bitshares, get them setup with a wallet and show them how everything works.  I currently have given funds of my own to co-workers, and the response has been great.  Many of them have bought more Bitshares themselves, going from USD to BTC to BTSX.  At first this seems daunting to people but once everything is setup the process is much easier.

I currently do run alt's price feed script.  I notice that it doesn't show that I am publishing feeds from the GUI...does it only show this if you are an active delegate?
wallet_approve_delegate doxymoron-delegate
75% pay rate
BTSX: doxymoron

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I think you've done the first and most important thing to get my votes, which is being active in the community.

Personally I'm less concerned with the setup or missed block stats than I am with delegates that communicate and play an active role.

One of the big issues currently is getting delegates to publish price feeds.

If you can post a small blurb about your pay rate and what you plan to do with earned funds and get those price feeds up you'll have done more than some of the delegates currently in the top 101.

Thanks and good luck.

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
Thanks for the ideas.  I've setup an account on beyondbitcoinx.  I keep both my active and standby machines up to date.  I try to get involved as much as I can on the forums.

That is an interesting note about standby delegates.  I was thinking about that myself, there needs to be some incentive for standby delegates to continue running them.  I currently pay for the hosting, but eventually will be unable to unless I am able to start producing blocks. 
75% pay rate

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Keep your client upgraded with new versions, post more often, since if you need votes, you need to go out and get them, just like politicians in a election campaign.

Also if you make it into top 102-202, you might still get paid later, there's plans to pay standby delegates.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
What are your policies?  Have you put your listing on http://www.beyondbitcoinx.net/ its free.

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
Does anyone have any tips for getting into the top 101?  I have been running a delegate for a while now but have yet to make it.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to participate in all of the discussions on the forums.  But I do read through them everyday, stay current on updates and provide a stable delegate.  I currently have a hosted VPS that I have used for a while.  I have also created a backup server in a different location in case it would ever go down, and have email alerts setup to monitor if it does.

If you have any tips or questions about me or my background I would be glad to answer!

75% pay rate